The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shadowland

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26 Re: Shadowland on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:16 pm

^I agree, thats badass.

One thing though, it needs another Ghost Rider! Then it becomes Epically Badass.

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

27 Re: Shadowland on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:^Cool.

Now that's badass.
That is a fantastic piece of work.

View user profile

28 Re: Shadowland on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:30 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I want to make children with that Ghort Rider/Moon Knight promo.

View user profile

29 Re: Shadowland on Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Another teaser guess which cover this is an homage to...

30 Re: Shadowland on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:09 pm

These covers keep getting better and better.. Twisted Evil

31 Re: Shadowland on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Wow they really do!

View user profile

32 Re: Shadowland on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:15 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I am getting pretty excited for this and I haven't even been reading Daredevil.

View user profile

33 Re: Shadowland on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:50 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Daredevil has been fantastic basically since Frank Miller.

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

34 Re: Shadowland on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:These covers keep getting better and better.. Twisted Evil

Here's the variant to that one...

huh

View user profile

35 Re: Shadowland on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Bigtymin504 wrote:
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:These covers keep getting better and better.. Twisted Evil

Here's the variant to that one...

huh

Wow they switched to Daredevil's mask.. That looks stupid with the playing card stuck in his neck though. That's a Bullseye thing not a DD thing. Variant Fail shake my head

36 Re: Shadowland on Mon May 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Andy Diggle's partner in crime Antony Johnston will write a tie-in mini called Shadowland: Blood on the Streets.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26151

Silver Sable, Misty Knight, Paladin and the Shroud are an interesting mix. I wonder how Paladin's recent noble turn in Thunderbolts will play out in this.

View user profile

37 Re: Shadowland on Mon May 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Just some more badass teasers by Billy Tan and John Cassaday respectively. Wink

View user profile

38 Re: Shadowland on Mon May 17, 2010 9:08 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Really? Daredevil wears a black costume now? Ugh..

View user profile

39 Re: Shadowland on Mon May 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:Really? Daredevil wears a black costume now? Ugh..
Hahaha for some reason I knew that would piss you off. Wink

View user profile

40 Re: Shadowland on Mon May 17, 2010 9:14 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:Hahaha for some reason I knew that would piss you off. Wink

Just from an artist perspective, it's lazy. Black is such a cop-out and used way too often.

This isn't solely at Marvel mind you. And yes, sometimes black can be a great mood setter, but often times it's moreso abused.

View user profile

41 Re: Shadowland on Mon May 17, 2010 9:20 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Hahaha for some reason I knew that would piss you off. Wink

Just from an artist perspective, it's lazy. Black is such a cop-out and used way too often.

This isn't solely at Marvel mind you. And yes, sometimes black can be a great mood setter, but often times it's moreso abused.

I hear ya, it is often misused but comics are a visual medium so I understand why it happens. I think in this case it just makes for a cool image, and is symbolic of the "darker" path Matt Murdock's been flirting with. Remains to be seen if the costume actually plays into the story though lol.

View user profile

42 Re: Shadowland on Mon May 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Ha. One made for Marvel Ultimate Allaince sometime ago. Laughing

lol In any case, I agree with the both of you. It can be lazy, though this time it seems like a mood setter. Personally, I've always favored the dark red threads over anything. I can't see this look sticking then again, Daredevil has been one of Marvel's progressively evolving characters for sometime. There is little status quo with him so we shall see. It would be interesting, if he retures this look, to see someone pick it up and use it against him. If they kill Bullseye, it could serve as a means of bringing him back.

Last edited by Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty on Wed May 19, 2010 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

43 Re: Shadowland on Mon May 17, 2010 9:43 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
This is looking good, but yeah I'm still skipping out on the monthlies and waiting to find this in trade for in between 7 and 15 bucks, used.

View user profile

44 Re: Shadowland on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile

45 Re: Shadowland on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:42 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
As tempting as it is, I will be trade waiting Shadowland- even though it looks right up my alley. How long is this thing supposed to be? 6 issues?

View user profile

46 Re: Shadowland on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^The main book is 5 issues.

View user profile

47 Re: Shadowland on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:18 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Yeah, screw that. Don't get me wrong, Shadowland looks amazing. If I wasn't buying the other Marvel books I wouldn't mind. I didn't back into comics to drown myself in more books than I expected. I mean, it looks great but with all the cool Shadowland side mini's along with the couple of main Shadowland 5 issue acr and Daredevil?

They all look cool but except Daredevil they're all 3.99 and I'd rather get Batman mini's and the regular Daredevil book for now, I love how dark the Daredevil book is and each time I read it- I like it a lot but I never get too excited for it- I like the character but the book isn't *too* necessary to rush to read every month.

I'm just sick of the way they hook us and then if we want more buy 3 more books for 4 bucks each to get a better feel. If Marvel had mini's at 2.99 I'd be happier buying them.

I dunno, I was reading Hulk 610 in the reading and for freaking 4 bucks all the Hulk does is absorb the energy of whatever was hapenning, turns into Hulk and to be continued and then we get that stupid backup story that they stick in the end and just seeing the hype of the return of Hulk just to have a to be continued to find out what he does sorta annoyed me.... it's like they hype up his return and he returns and wait till next month and pay 4 more bucks to see what happens.... ughhhhhhh

Sorry for the rant, I'm just getting annoyed at things like this. That's why I'm slowly cutting out all the unnecessary books and minis and if they're good I'll get them for 50% in trade if I see them in a few months.

Hell, sometimes I think sticking with only a few monthly books and just getting cool mini's would be better and more fun because I don't buy comics to have entire runs really, even though it's a nice bonus if you notice you have a run of issues.

View user profile

48 Re: Shadowland on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:10 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^^^ If you read Daredevil monthly, won't you need to buy Shadowland to know what's going on? I'm guessing it'll be like how Blackest Night was for Green Lantern.

View user profile

49 Re: Shadowland on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:30 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
You'll know the 'gist' of it but not the full picture. It'll seem jumpy when you see certain characters. IMO GL and BL were semi-essential to explain *certain* things and experience semi-important events.

I just don't feel like investing my time in another sub mini-series on top of the other stuff I buy monthly. It has all these cool characters involved and everything but still, another unjustified 3.99 for 5 months can suck it. I might even wait on the Daredevil books just to get both trades for a lot cheaper since they seem like they'd make a cool set.

I'll see.

View user profile

50 Re: Shadowland on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:58 pm

G_Zatara

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
It's super cool.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: