Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shadowland

+12
Foreigner_Man
G_Zatara
LordD3r3k
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Aussiemandias
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Batman25JM
Bigtymin504
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shadowland #3

Meh. I didn't hate it, I didn't love it. It was probably the best of the 3 so far though.

I knew that Matt was most likely possessed, and I could see that coming in the last arc in Daredevil before Shadowland started (though it was pretty obvious that's what was going to happen). I don't really like it. Sure, I do like that Matt hasn't lost it, but I prefer Daredevil stories to be as realistic as possible. I don't mind some out there elements (like Hand resurrection), but having him be possessed just doesn't thrill me.

I really don't think I was giving Antony Johnston enough credit on Daredevil. I was LOVING the stuff in Daredevil and I think he was a bigger part in that than I though because with just Diggle alone on Shadowland I'm not liking it as much.

77Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:21 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:Can someone clear something up.. Just because DD killed Bullseye, how does that make him a flat out villain now? I mean, I can understand going to jail for murder and losing respect with other heroes, we've seen that kind of stuff before. But has he gone evil? I'm unclear on that

I'm actually not convinced Bullseye is dead yet either. I realise it looks that way but I'm not totally convinced. We haven't seen a whole lot of the body after it happened.

Overall there's a distinct impression something fishy is going on.
Okay I'm convinced now. He's dead! Laughing

Arsenal0602 wrote:
So you can just summon ghost rider and you can't get hurt by him if you do so? Think that info would have came up before

Zombie bullseye? Sure why not
I don't agree that the info would have just come up before. The knowledge has been with The Hand and, as was said in this issue, they haven't attempted to use it for centuries so I think that makes sense that no one has known about it. It's been a secret.

And Bullseye won't be a zombie, he'll be brought back to life just like Elektra has in the past. It's a bit different.

comicgeekelly wrote:

Did anybody else get the impression that the person who wrote the recap page hasn't been paying much attention to the book?
Yeah, I totally thought that too. A couple of things weren't quite right.

Batman25JM wrote:Shadowland #3

Meh. I didn't hate it, I didn't love it. It was probably the best of the 3 so far though.

I knew that Matt was most likely possessed, and I could see that coming in the last arc in Daredevil before Shadowland started (though it was pretty obvious that's what was going to happen). I don't really like it. Sure, I do like that Matt hasn't lost it, but I prefer Daredevil stories to be as realistic as possible. I don't mind some out there elements (like Hand resurrection), but having him be possessed just doesn't thrill me.

I really don't think I was giving Antony Johnston enough credit on Daredevil. I was LOVING the stuff in Daredevil and I think he was a bigger part in that than I though because with just Diggle alone on Shadowland I'm not liking it as much.
I don't know if it's due to Antony Johnston or not but I'm certainly enjoying the stuff in Daredevil far more than this. Johnston hasn't been in the mix throughout all of Diggle's run and I've really enjoyed it all. I think maybe Diggle's strength isn't doing this stuff with all these various super-heroes.

I've been a bit critical of Tan's art on this series and I think with this issue it deteriorated even more. It's quite disappointing - looking rushed and not as good as I've seen from him in the past.

78Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, that is true about Johnston not being on the DD for Diggle's whole run. I think you're right, Diggle just may be better at the type of story that was going on in DD and not a big event type book with multiple heroes.

79Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:03 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Punisher? What is up with him being in this book? I like the addition of Ghost Rider, though.

3/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

80Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:45 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Punisher? What is up with him being in this book? I like the addition of Ghost Rider, though.

3/5
Hey yeah! I forgot about that. Punisher felt completely left field here. It just seemed so random that he showed up. I think maybe more evidence that a crossover, muti hero book may not be Diggle's scene. However not necessarily saying that others haven't done even worse.

81Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:17 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While I do agree that Punisher's involvement is weird and doesn't make sense, I did like his entrance.

82Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:04 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:While I do agree that Punisher's involvement is weird and doesn't make sense, I did like his entrance.

While I often hate this kind of dialogue I have to admit his "Kung-fu this" and then shooting the crap out of everyone did give me a pretty good laugh and makes me laught now thinking about it.

83Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:46 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Daredevil continues to be way better than Shadowland. The art on this book (the writing too) should be in the main Shadowland book.

84Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shadowland #4

I thought this was...not very good. Writing and art.

Shadowland has probably been the most disappointing comic of 2010 for me (based on expectations) and I would really suggest Diggle stears clear of super-hero team up comics in future - I don't think it's his strength.

85Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, #4 was not good at all.

This may be the most dissapointing comic I have ever read. I have read worse, but I was looking forward to this book so much and it has thoroughly dissapointed me.

86Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Wolverine!

Really? Not necessary...everyone has had beef with the Hand in past. Not a good excuse for his glorification. I agree, this was pretty disappoining. The story and fight scenes were actually decent, just poor dialogue.

87Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:49 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So. Yeah. I've been skimming this "Event" here and there but I cannot for the life of me wonder how the people involved with #4 can't just be embarrassed by it. Nothing about this book is was good. I honestly don't even care how this all ends at this point. thumbs down

88Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:04 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote: The story and fight scenes were actually decent, just poor dialogue.

Actually I have to disagree with the fight scene comment. Have a look at the opening fight scene featuring Elektra. I think an artist who's good at fight scenes gives you a real sense of where everyone is and the choreography of the scene (as best they can in the comic form). I don't think Tan does this at all with that Elektra scene and that's what actually annoyed me a bit about his art in this issue. They were more just like random moments or poses which tells me he's not a very good storyteller with his art.

Just my opinion but I don't think the overall story or the art lift this book above its crap dialogue.

89Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shadowland #5

And this limps to it's conclusion. Not good, just not good.

This event was the most disappointing book I've ever read, and I think it's the worst event I've read. I'm just thankful it's over.

90Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:56 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

yup.

91Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:28 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shadowland certainly gets my vote as one of the more looked forward to series that didn't deliver (at least from my perspective). I was very much looking forward to it and then very much disappointed. Even the art was a letdown for me.

Personally, I think Diggle shouldn't be involved in or attempt an "event" again. Just doesn't seem to be his thing. And, once again, the latest issue of Daredevil, which didn't feature Daredevil, was far superior to Shadowland which tells me where Diggle's strengths are.

I'll be giving the Black Panther Daredevil run a miss but I'll be getting the Matt Murdock/DD mini series. After that we'll see where it's all at before I jump into Daredevil again.

92Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:39 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ Agreed on everything.

Shadowland: After the Fall came out this week and I think that was the best thing that I read with the Shadowland title on it.

93Shadowland - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadowland Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:23 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

it was enjoyable..Antony "& The" Johnston(s) is a talented scripter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum