Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creme of your collection

+9
potatojoe
kreepfan
azrael07
jaydee74
elijahdprophet
BlueMaxx
JonSpangler
Matt
G_Zatara
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Creme of your collection Empty Creme of your collection Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:20 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In your entire comic collection, what are your favorite/most valuable ones (price and emotional)?

For me it's a tie between these two: Green Lantern #14 (first Star Sapphire) and Hawkman #4 (first Zatanna)

Creme of your collection 00110

2Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

my 9.8 Miracleman 15 or my X-Men giant size 1 that if graded would probably be a 9.2

3Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:25 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

Creme of your collection P1010217

Its not old or especially valuable but the price was right and its the nicest one I have. Got it at C2E2 last weekend.

4Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:24 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote: Hawkman #4 (first Zatanna)
Bastard! I want that so badly. Just for Zee.

5Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:38 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I own (or owned, haven't seen them in ages...) a complete run of Batman And The Outsiders from the 80s. It was the first series I ever completed and I was so damn happy when I did.

6Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Creme of your collection Batman+from+the+30s+cover
This was my first introduction to Batman & Robin.

7Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:00 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i would think probably one of the most valuable comic related things i own is my signed hardback of Marvel Zombies (the original), its signed by Arthur Suydam.

it's wierd for me, i don't like go out collecting like old comics, bcuz they're not my thing, i don't collect for value. i collect what i like, and what i like reading.

i would think if i got it graded some other valuable issues i might have is The Ultimates #1.

8Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:02 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
G_Zatara wrote: Hawkman #4 (first Zatanna)
Bastard! I want that so badly. Just for Zee.

Creme of your collection 00210

why do you think I got it, mate? I mean have you SEEN my Zatanna collection? Even Adam Hughes girlfriend, Allison has complimented me on it. haha.

9Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:11 am

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Creme of your collection Asm15
For right now.. This.

10Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:30 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As far as comics go, my tops are:

New Mutants 98

Marvel Spotlight 5

Amazing Spider-man #9 and #13

11Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:35 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Oh, also I have like 3 sets of X-Force number one, with the fucking trading cards.

DAMN YOU THE 90S!!!

12Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:43 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Eternals #1 (1976) + every title of Eternals. Smile
Ghost Rider #76 & 77. (First series) 1st appearance of Zarathos.
The Question #1
DC Showcase #73 - 1st appearance of Ditko's Creeper.
Secret Six #1s of mini and the ongoing.
Every title of Suicide Squad, Dr. Fate, and JSA.

I have quite a few complete series, but those are my "Creme de la Creme."

13Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:47 am

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Mine's Avengers #1 - I got it at my LCS when I was still in high school. Took me forever to save up for it. During the 90s X-Phase, I was the kid who spent every dime on Avengers comics. Right now it's framed and hanging in my comic room.

Also have a page from Captain America Sentinel of Liberty by Ron Garney. The first page of the issue where Cap fights Iron Man, where Iron Man has Cap in his sights. Got that a few years back when Garney came to a small comic show in NH.

In the event of a fire, those are the two that I'm going back for. They're the pride of my collection.

14Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:01 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:The Eternals #1 (1976) + every title of Eternals. Smile
Ghost Rider #76 & 77. (First series) 1st appearance of Zarathos.
The Question #1
DC Showcase #73 - 1st appearance of Ditko's Creeper.
Secret Six #1s of mini and the ongoing.
Every title of Suicide Squad, Dr. Fate, and JSA.

I have quite a few complete series, but those are my "Creme de la Creme."

I love Zarathos!

15Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:27 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My BF provided the jewel of our collection: The entire Dark Phoenix Saga (Byrne/Claremont) in issue form, in nearly the condition he bought them in.

Also, we have an Iron Fist #14 (first appearance of Sabretooth) in very good condition.

If we ever get enough money, we're going to get them graded and sealed to protect them forever.

16Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:32 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

superdoug wrote:Also, we have an Iron Fist #14 (first appearance of Sabretooth) in very good condition.

Nice! I found that once at an antique store when I was being dragged around on a shopping trip. I sold it on ebay, for $10 more than I paid, and instantly regretted it. That was my last attempt at buying something cool just to sell it.

17Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Mon May 03, 2010 11:44 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

not a single issue or small group but my entire x-men collection, well moreso tha main 2 series, but still. tha x-men were my second luv (next to ghostbusters) but actually surpassed them sometime ago (still luv ya gb's lol). tha x-men have meant so much to me since i was a kid and theyve always been my favorite superheroes.

18Creme of your collection Empty Re: Creme of your collection Mon May 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I will post a picture of it, but I have a copy of Marvels number one with an Alex Ross sketch of Rogue inside of it. He drew that for me free I may add back when it came out when he did an instore signing at the store I was working at.

I have had it appraised by his people and while I will never sell it it, they did value it at 500 bucks.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum