Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deadliest Warrior Season 2

+8
kreepfan
goatt
Sandman
jaydee74
Paroxysm
(._Y_.)
The Ignored One
Gojiratoho
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Deadliest Warrior is back on Spike. I really hate the forced venom and smack talk between the two teams, but seeing the ancient and modern weapons used against animal carcasses and ballistic gel dummies (with bones and organs and blood packets inside) is well worth suffering through the scripted bravado. And the mock video fight at the end is fun as well.

Any other fans of this show out there? I know some of the refugees from WUMB were fans of Season 1.

2Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

I have fun with the show, but really wonder about some of their conclusions.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

3Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:54 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When does it start? I liked this show.

4Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There have already been 2 episodes so far

SWAT vs GSG9 (German anti terrorist squad)

Alexander the Great vs. Attila the Hun

5Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:14 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I love DW! Jesse James vs Al Capone looks pretty sweet.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

6Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:55 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the first season was pretty good if a bit forced when it came to the two factions.

7Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:15 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

there was actually very little trash talk between Swat and GSG9 there was mutual respect there I thought I still have to watch the second episode though

8Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:21 am

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

I'm so glad this show is back. I loved seeing the Spartan crush the ninja in season one.

9Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:43 am

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I think on the Alexander the Great vs. Attila the Hun ep they gave the advantage to the wrong sword...just to make it more even.

10Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:40 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dunno, it's kind of hard to fake a sword that cuts through ribs and one that glances off ribs while riding on horse back.

11Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:29 pm

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Not really all that hard to do the test until you get the result you want..then edit that result into the show.

In the initial runfor the Kopis I clearly saw a piece detatch from one of the hanging targets. But when they get up there it looks like a scratch. and no mention is made of the piece that flew off.

12Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw that too, but when they showed the close up I saw that the cut of meat was an irregular shape(maybe my mind was filling in the gap).

Not saying this show is entirely accurate or non biased, but I agreed with this assessment at least.

13Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:33 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

2 episodes in and enjoying it but, let's not forget the season 1 re-cap where they pitted the 2 best anciaent and modern warriors. Spartan VS Samurai was a BLAST! And Spetnaz VS IRA was cool as well.

14Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Sun May 02, 2010 12:56 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Samurai vs Spartan was brilliant.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

15Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Sun May 02, 2010 9:45 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes it was. I wanted the Samurai to lose based on his expert's shit talking. Does that make me a bad person?

16Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Tue May 04, 2010 8:31 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

cool to see it got a second series

17Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Tue May 04, 2010 10:16 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

riv1 wrote:Yes it was. I wanted the Samurai to lose based on his expert's shit talking. Does that make me a bad person?

Nah not at all. though I liked the Samurai expert. he was a decendent of the Samurai and he was passionate about it. It was also after seeing him shoot the Yumi Bow that I went out and bought an Archery set myself and started practicing. I still suck... but I am trying!

18Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Tue May 04, 2010 11:22 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like the show, but my Dad kinda buzzkills it by going on about the way the main team uses the weapons and how the reenactments go.

19Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior Season 2 Sun May 09, 2010 1:18 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

so do not agree with the Bowie knife vs the Stelleto knife. the Bowie was by far superior

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum