Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

what sounds like a better name for a fictional city?

+9
riv1
colossus1979
Aussiemandias
Gandicles
WonderWoman2.0
Astro13Zombie
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
azrael07
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

what sounds like a better name for a fictional city?

what sounds like a better name for a fictional city? Vote_lcap25%what sounds like a better name for a fictional city? Vote_rcap 25% [ 3 ]
what sounds like a better name for a fictional city? Vote_lcap42%what sounds like a better name for a fictional city? Vote_rcap 42% [ 5 ]
what sounds like a better name for a fictional city? Vote_lcap33%what sounds like a better name for a fictional city? Vote_rcap 33% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

whaddya think?

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chose other, but thought you were close. You should call Hallow's Veil. Maybe?

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eerie, Indiana Laughing

or.. hmmm

Woeswill?

Last edited by prescribeddrone on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Eerie, Indiana Laughing

I miss that show. Laughing

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Me to.

TO THE TORRENTMOBILE!

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What's the context for the city name?

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Good point. (Damn editors. Wink)

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

it's a city in the early 60's(1962ish) with Dark Deco architecture(like in Rapture from Bioshock or Gotham City in Batman:TAS).

the city is also it's own state, so it's a city state, i guess. idk if that's the right term, and that prolly makes me sound really really stoopid. and the city is more or less based on the Laissez-faire philosophy of economics. don't know if this helps...

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

I'd go with Euphora, mainly because I'm not in a creative mood right now.

Hollow's Veil sounds too much like the title of some shitty SyFy channel movie.

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Both Euphora and Hollow's Veil sound too "fantasy-oriented" to be honest. Try something a little grittier and darker to match your mood. You have a dark, art deco themed industrial city-state. Start from there, and come up with a name that makes someone wanna clench their teeth a little when they say it.

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hollow's Veil doesn't sound like a city to me it sounds more like a town or village. Also I think you'd be looking to use the word Vale not Veil in that context.

Euphora sounds a little too futuristic for what you're after.

If it's 1960s you're looking at I think calling it something City would work (as in "Gotham" City). I think that has a 60s feel to it. What about using part of your suggestion and calling it Hollow City. Maybe if you were looking at a history for the place, a few hundred years ago it may have been known as Hollow's Vale when it was just a town.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blithe? To me it sounds like it'd be something bad, which it's actually the opposite. Means cheery, which could be used as a wholesome reflection of the true grit and dark nature of the city.

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'll give this to you cuz i never used it....abriter....it's supposed to mean "haven" in french i think.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chose Hollow's Veil. Could be something about what it's hiding, it's true face if you will.

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well see and i came up with Euphora for a couple reasons. Im a very big fan of Bioshock and everything Bioshock did, that being said one of the things i loved is Rapture. I like that they took a word like that and made it the city name and all the irony in the city being just a rundown scary place.

and i came up with Euphora for acouple reasons. One it's essentially the word Euphoria(yeah, i took out the "i" because i thought that would make it sound more like a real city.) Euphoria is a synonym for Rapture so...lol yeah. and i don't want anyone thinking that im trying to ripoff Bioshock, because that's not what im trying to do.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mortatome. (More-tuh-toe-mm)

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ooooh. now that's not half bad...hurm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I may not use it so you can have it. Steele city.

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

mmmmmmmmmm................

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Boner city.

I win.

Seriously though, IDK. Just write around it, and it will come to you.

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

What TMatts said. Put a stupid placeholder in your notes, and keep writing. Eventually, you'll feel the name of the city.

That, or Veilhaven. It sounds a little like Valhalla, but still has the implied meaning of a secret side that no one knows.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Boner city.

I win.

Seriously though, IDK. Just write around it, and it will come to you.
Also: Dick Town.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Dick Town is an area in Boner City settled by the Dicknese when they moved there.

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Dude... get off your high horse and just call em Dics like everyone else.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

they think that is offensive, thank you very much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum