Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League Generation Lost

+9
GigaToast
jaydee74
LordD3r3k
shining knight
LOOSECANNON
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:38 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The thing is though the entity charged max with killing magog and he got a mission complete from the entity for suceeding so unless the entity is also lying it is unlikely magog is still alive

77Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:14 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn you and your logic! angry

78Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hmm logic from the scotsman that's a first Laughing

79Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:57 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:The thing is though the entity charged max with killing magog and he got a mission complete from the entity for suceeding so unless the entity is also lying it is unlikely magog is still alive

I must have completely missed that

80Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:08 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah each of the returnees were given a specific task in order to stay alive. Maxs was to stop Magog from plunging the world into war (with a flashfoward of Magog begging for his life as Max uses Magogs own staff to blow him into pieces)

81Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:13 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I just didn't remember the entity telling Max he completed his

82Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:44 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it was the page after magog was fried it happened

I wish I had my scanner so I could put it up

83Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:53 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No worries, I'm sure I still have it in a pile somewhere Wink

84Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JL: Gen Lost #17

Okay we're starting to get an idea of what Max has been up to and I don't think there'll be much of Checkmate left by the end of this. I think one of the things I'm really enjoying about this comic is that it really has felt all along that it's moving towards something and each issue has been that one step closer.

If these characters don't end up with an ongoing book I'll be very disappointed but then again will they all be left at the end of this? At least we'll have scored 2 years worth of story in 1 year.

85Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JL: Gen Lost #18

I loooooove the Aaron Lopresti issues!

Now Power Girl's on board. Yay! But for how long is she with them? The way I understand Max's explanation earlier in the book, as soon as PG is around enough people who can't remember Max's existence then she'll start to forget again.

Now the band is really getting back together - I want to see the Martian Manhunter join in! In fact, he really could be the key to defeating Max.

86Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:04 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Good thinking on Manhunter. Though Max did say people would break the mind control if they experienced extreme pain. Maybe the ultrasonic attack was enough to do that for her

87Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:^ Good thinking on Manhunter. Though Max did say people would break the mind control if they experienced extreme pain. Maybe the ultrasonic attack was enough to do that for her

I hope so but he says that after it's broken it will kick in again if enough people under his "spell" are around. I suspect Kara's freedom is only temporary. Although it just struck me that he hit her with a double whammy - firstly the mind control that everyone's under and then this second one where she thought Captain Atom was Superman - so perhaps she's now a bit different to everyone else and Max's control of her is definitely over with the breaking of the 2nd piece of mind control.

I really think Winnick is doing a terrific job with this book.

88Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #12-#18

So damn good. I let myself get behind, and I'm both kicking myself for it, and kind of happy. I'm mad because I was missing out on all this awesomeness as it was coming out, but I'm happy because I got to read 7 issues in a row.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again I LOVE Judd Winick. This book is just more evidence to show how awesome he is.

Man, I so hope that this team stays together after this book is over, and that Winick continues to write them. He's made me love every character. Prior to this book I loved Booster Gold and Skeets and really liked Blue Beetle, but I couldn't have cared less about everyone else. Now I love them all. Captain Atom is so awesome. Oh, and I find Rocket Red to be quite funny.

Even though I hated Magog, I felt really sorry for him when he died.

I'm glad the team now has PG on their side.

I'm really sad the book is almost over. Only 6 issues left. Sad

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

89Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:19 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:I really think Winnick is doing a terrific job with this book.

Agreed. This has really been a joy to read every month

90Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes

91Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:34 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spoiler:

92Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

for real

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

93Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:21 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think it'll stick, but damn DC, you really haven't earned the right to tease crap like that.

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

94Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:17 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

nope

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

95Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:03 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:I don't think it'll stick, but damn DC, you really haven't earned the right to tease crap like that.

Earned the right? That I don't follow..

Anyway..
Spoiler:

96Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #19

Another great issue.

Spoiler:

97Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:I don't think it'll stick, but damn DC, you really haven't earned the right to tease crap like that.

Earned the right? That I don't follow..

Anyway..
Spoiler:

That would be cool! I like it. Probably not the case but it's a nice idea. Like we discussed earlier, I really feel Manhunter's the key to defeating Max and he was such a core part of the JLI that it makes total sense if he comes in to save the day (hopefully!).

I'm not bothering with spoilers.

I really don't think Jaime's dead either. I think Winick's better than that (although these kind of endings to issues are a dime a dozen really).

I'm liking that things are starting to not go exactly to plan for Max. He's too damn cocky.

What's the Power Girl series been like? I'm thinking if we don't get a book with these characters in it (and preferably written by Winick) once this is over then the Power Girl series may be the next best thing.

98Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:What's the Power Girl series been like? I'm thinking if we don't get a book with these characters in it (and preferably written by Winick) once this is over then the Power Girl series may be the next best thing.

I've been enjoying it. The dialogue's been solid and it's been tying into everything else going on.

99Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:38 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's the thing with Winick's Power Girl. His dialogue, if you really follow the character and you've read more than just the Winick issues, is hit and miss. Sometimes he really nails her voice, other times it sounds like he's trying way too hard. Winick is one of those writers that does really well with certain characters, and I'm not really sure that Peej is one of them.

Power Girl was amazing for the first twelve issues. The Conner/Palmiotti/Gray team put her in a really good place that developed her character into way more than how she was written before, which was kind of unnecessarily bitchy. When Winick got a hold of it, he pretty much just turned it into a tie-in for Generation Lost, which fine, whatever, Gen Lost has been a pretty good read so far (when it wasn't dragging along). His goal wasn't to develop the character really, it was to just tie-in with his other project. I think we'll see how well Winick actually writes her once all this Generation Lost stuff is over, if he's even still the writer.

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

100Justice League Generation Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:05 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Here's the thing with Winick's Power Girl. His dialogue, if you really follow the character and you've read more than just the Winick issues, is hit and miss. Sometimes he really nails her voice, other times it sounds like he's trying way too hard. Winick is one of those writers that does really well with certain characters, and I'm not really sure that Peej is one of them.

Power Girl was amazing for the first twelve issues. The Conner/Palmiotti/Gray team put her in a really good place that developed her character into way more than how she was written before, which was kind of unnecessarily bitchy. When Winick got a hold of it, he pretty much just turned it into a tie-in for Generation Lost, which fine, whatever, Gen Lost has been a pretty good read so far (when it wasn't dragging along). His goal wasn't to develop the character really, it was to just tie-in with his other project. I think we'll see how well Winick actually writes her once all this Generation Lost stuff is over, if he's even still the writer.

Palimotti gave us some entertaining issues, and Conner's art was fabulous, but the book lacked any direction. The whole point of the series at that time was "look what crazy hijinks PG will get into next!". And I think with that frame of mind, it gives the book a limited shelf-life. Bringing on Winick was a smart move because it kept the book entertaining, but more importantly, made it relevant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum