Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marilyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood to star in 'Splatter Sisters'

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Veteran producer Edward R. Pressman and filmmaker David Gordon Green are teaming to produce Adam Bhala Lough's retro slasher film "Splatter Sisters," with Marilyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood attached to star.

Film, penned by Lough, is the first in a planned franchise and is a sexploitation-serial-killer-slasher-road-movie circa 1989.

Lough ("Bomb the System") reckons "Splatter Sisters" could create a subgenre, which he calls "Skinemax Cinema," based on the direct-to-cable movies of his childhood.

Green ("Pineapple Express," "Your Highness") said while Lough's film is inspired by the horror classics of the 1980s, it has a fresh spin that raises the bar.

"This is a role Marilyn Manson was born to play, and with Evan Rachel Wood bringing dramatic gravity to the ensemble, I have no doubt this will take the horror genre to a new level," Green said.

"Splatter Sisters" was announced in Cannes. Pressman is at the fest for the world preem of 20th Century Fox's "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps." He is one of the producers of helmer Oliver Stone's sequel.

"Lough's unique talent and energy will make 'Splatter Sisters' a very special and markedly commercial film," Pressman said. "I've always been attracted to smart movies about killers made by directors with a real vision,"

Wood last starred on the bigscreen in Woody Allen's "Whatever Works," which was released in 2009.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118019400.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This sounds like "I'm Mentally Unstable, Watch Me Do Things: The Movie."

http://www.demonweasel.com

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Manson: Please be in this movie with me.

Wood: I was nominated for an academy award.

Manson: PLEASEEEE!

Wood: On one condition...

Manson: Name it!

Wood: No more anal...

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

that's funny because Manson mentions fucking girls in the ass often Laughing

I'm a huge fan of the band, but these types movies are meh for me usually, either way I hope it doesn't get abandoned though.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is Lough aware that Skinemax is already a thing.

Splatter Sisters just sounds really unoriginal.
I'm more intersted in seeing Manson's film Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed ^

Did you see the leaked unfinished trailer?

NSFW

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah I've seen that trailer.

It seems that Phantasmagoria is stuck in some development problems or something cos Manson's been talking about the film for years.

I hope it gets a release, it looks pretty decent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum