Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have been challenged!! Was wondering if someone would help.

+5
Astro13Zombie
Esbat
Foxy
riv1
FroZen
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have been challenged to a "Draw Off" by a member of WUMB. The subject: DEADPOOL.

So I was wondering if anyone would like to lay the ground rules for this challenge. So far all we've got is that it has to be a full body picture of DP. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fro

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No captions, though physical comedy is allowed?

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:No captions, though physical comedy is allowed?

It's still in the air. I just accepted the challenge last night so no ground rules have been layed out at all (except for full body along the lines of a splash page). I accepted this challenge with only one exception. The members of the Pop! forum get to help make the ground rules such as:
B/W, full color, background, style, etc.

And the contest won't take place on WUMB as far as I know. I think Investcomics.com is wanting to host this little challenge with possible cross pollination here on the Pop! forum...it'd be really cool if it could find a place on the actual Panels on Pages website too...but...not gonna hold my breath for that to happen.

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Full body, black and white- inks or just pencil is fine, but red can be used as an accent color, minimal background. Go! Smile

http://www.foxyart.net

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:Full body, black and white- inks or just pencil is fine, but red can be used as an accent color, minimal background. Go! Smile

perfect! Now...all I gotta do is get off work. Muahahahahaha!

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh and if anyone else can think of any ground rules that might be missing feel free to add.

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well...things have up and changed. It's a no holds barred challenge. Artist picks the their own medium and tries to do they're best Deadpool. This should be interesting.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Deadpool on a scooter covered with guns!

http://realityfugitives.com/

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:Deadpool on a scooter covered with guns!
yes.......yes!.....YES! lol!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fuck uh scooter. Put him on a mechanical animal (pony. why not?) and have a little girl with her mom looking at him as if frustrated because she wants to ride it, and a store manager asking him to get off. Also, he should be covered with an impractical amount of guns, grenades and, of course, his katanas.

I have been challenged!! Was wondering if someone would help. Large_pony-ride

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

No Tracing. And by that I don't mean putting a piece of paper over a picture and tracing that way. I mean no using a panel or cover and trying to recreate it.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Deadpool in a similar situation as this jack of fables cover would be the funniest thing ever (well to me anyway)

I have been challenged!! Was wondering if someone would help. Cover-large

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I think I agree.

I'm all over sight-gags that downplay a main character.

(Remember in Grindhouse's "Planet Terror," when Freddy Rodriguez's character was on that tiny little mini-bike? Stuff like that slays me. Laughing )

http://www.tamarasanime.com

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ agrees....

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok. I'm loving the ideas!! No tracing. I absolutely agree yes
I'm likin' the mechanical horse idea with tons of weapons. I think I'm gonna do that. This shit'll be fun.

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok boys and girls. Not gonna use this one for the contest but I liked the idea so much I just banged one out real quick. I hope you like it. I went with a playground pony instead of a mechanical horse...seemed funnier.

I have been challenged!! Was wondering if someone would help. Deadpo10

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

or maybe something a little more traditional:

I have been challenged!! Was wondering if someone would help. Deadpo11

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love the little one-eyed bear. That shit just brings it home. thumbs up