The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bad Parenting allows video games to be bought....

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shark6495

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
http://gamerant.com/rockstar-terrible-parents-buy-games-trung-22239/
Our games are not designed for young people. If you’re a parent and buy one of our games
for your child you’re a terrible parent. We design games for adults because we’re adults. There’s a lot of kids games out there that we’re not interested in playing. Just like you enjoy watching movies and TV shows with adult themes and language and violence that’s the kind of thing we seek to produce.

View user profile http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/
I totally agree. There are ratings, previews, and information everywhere on what these games have. No real effort is made to hide this information. If a parent ignores all this and still buys these games for their kids, they have no one to blame but themselves. I feel the same way about movies too. The rating is there for a reason.

View user profile
shark6495 wrote:http://gamerant.com/rockstar-terrible-parents-buy-games-trung-22239/
Our games are not designed for young people. If you’re a parent and buy one of our games
for your child you’re a terrible parent. We design games for adults because we’re adults. There’s a lot of kids games out there that we’re not interested in playing. Just like you enjoy watching movies and TV shows with adult themes and language and violence that’s the kind of thing we seek to produce.

I may not like most of their games, but god damn my respect for Rockstar just went up.

View user profile

kidspider2099

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
that article is awesome. Good for Rockstar i don't any of their games but it good they feel that way cause thats i how feel when hear about parents buying their kids GTA.

View user profile

prescribeddrone

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm not against the idea of watching what kids play but I always found it ironic how football is violent and parents encourage kids to be into sports/football. Kids should be playing Wii games or Teen games until they're old/mature enough to handle seeing virtual stimulation's of violence.

View user profile

Demonweasel

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
As someone who sells video games and has underage kids try to buy them once a week (on average), I approve this message...


------------------------------------
Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

BigSoupCan

avatar
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
I dunno, I still get carded at gamestop and I'm 26. Besides, these days kidscaqn pretty much be exposed to whatever. You'd have to be a realy controling parent to shield them from it all.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/?sk=nf

Joshua

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
BigSoupCan wrote:You'd have to be a realy controling parent to shield them from it all.
Or a responsible one.

View user profile

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Can't believe video games are still being attacked. They have a better rating system than a lot of entertainment mediums.

View user profile

Demonweasel

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
BlueMaxx wrote:Can't believe video games are still being attacked. They have a better rating system than a lot of entertainment mediums.

Exactly. And they spell out why on there. And I still have plenty of parents that eye-roll me when I make them come in and actually look at hat their 11 year olds want to buy.


------------------------------------
Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

colossus1979

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Demonweasel wrote:

Exactly. And they spell out why on there. And I still have plenty of parents that eye-roll me when I make them come in and actually look at hat their 11 year olds want to buy.


that's just them trying to pass the buck, by giving you the stink eye they can justify the kid wanting the game "because the video game guy told them it was cool." god forbid any parents actually DO any parenting and research it for themselves.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum