Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fringe alternate reality DC comics

+2
jaydee74
riv1
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Fringe alternate reality DC comics Wed May 26, 2010 6:40 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.geekosystem.com/fringe-alternate-comic-covers-originals/

Did a quick search, didn't see this posted anywhere. I noticed them on the wall during the season finale. Found the close ups...

2Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Wed May 26, 2010 8:40 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Those are some awesome covers.

3Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Wed May 26, 2010 9:08 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought some were pretty funny. I wonder how Miller really would have written The Man of Steel Returns?

4Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Wed May 26, 2010 9:10 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:I thought some were pretty funny. I wonder how Miller really would have written The Man of Steel Returns?
It would be interesting. Can you imagine Batman and Superman in role reversals? That would be kind of weird.

5Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Wed May 26, 2010 9:25 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't like the Blackest Night Green Arrow/Green Lantern, too close too the origional to me.

6Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Wed May 26, 2010 10:08 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not sure i understand what you mean by that.

7Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Wed May 26, 2010 11:48 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pretty cool

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

8Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Wed May 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:I didn't like the Blackest Night Green Arrow/Green Lantern, too close too the origional to me.

riv1 wrote:Not sure i understand what you mean by that.
It's not shown there but the Alternate BL Green Arrow looks too much like the original cover BLGA to me, just looked like they only changed the title in on the cover. If someone could upload the two for comparison you'd see what I meant.

9Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Wed May 26, 2010 5:25 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:I didn't like the Blackest Night Green Arrow/Green Lantern, too close too the origional to me.

It's not shown there but the Alternate BL Green Arrow looks too much like the original cover BLGA to me, just looked like they only changed the title in on the cover. If someone could upload the two for comparison you'd see what I meant.

They're side by side on that page, and I'm not sure that I get what you're driving at.

That's not a Blackest Night cover. It doesn't have anything to do with BN. It's just a re conceptualization of a classic DC comic cover. It's probably just coincidence that they chose 'Red Lantern' and 'Red Arrow'; two concepts that are fresh in comic readers' minds. However, we are talking about the Alternaverse, where decisions happened differently. In that universe's DC, the PTB just happened to choose Red over Green. The fact that the costumes are nearly identical just ties into the concept that the Alternaverse is nearly identical to ours.

10Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Thu May 27, 2010 6:34 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, that's what i got from it. Either way, i thought the covers were a cool nod to the fans of the show.

11Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Thu May 27, 2010 8:55 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:

Dude. That Blackest Night cover was in honor of this particular cover that was created by Neal Adams. It was the first issue of the classic Green Lantern/Green Arrow series back in the 70's.

Fringe alternate reality DC comics Green-lantern-compare-550x420

The original cover was done in the 70's. By Neal Adams.

12Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Thu May 27, 2010 10:43 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can someone tell me why we keep referring to this GL/GA comic as a 'Blackest Night' cover? IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BLACKEST NIGHT.

13Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Thu May 27, 2010 9:28 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I believe that Spider_Fan 14 was saying that those GL/GA and RL/RA covers look like the recent Black Lantern Green Arrow issue.

Fringe alternate reality DC comics Attachment

Like jaydee said, the above cover was an homage.

14Fringe alternate reality DC comics Empty Re: Fringe alternate reality DC comics Thu May 27, 2010 9:46 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ah. I missed that cover. My apologies. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum