Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reality TV "stars" on strike?????

+15
(._Y_.)
Hannibal king
CherriesJubilee
comicgeekelly
shining knight
azrael07
Administrator
Sandman
superdoug
jaydee74
colossus1979
Denim
BlueMaxx
MillionDollarGeek
Frank M. Reding
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:52 am

Frank M. Reding

Frank M. Reding
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

huh

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/jersey-shore-cast-goes-on-strike-writes-books--1398

2Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:53 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We have a Situation here!

3Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:34 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Don't know why I entered this thread. Read the link and was about to leave until I saw, "writes books," which instantly piqued my interest and tickled my funny bone.

And tickled it it did! A self-help book on how to live the lifestyle of a Jersey Shore resident. Oooh, gosh. Too much.

4Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:40 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watch Survivor, that is the only reality show I do watch. From what I have seen and heard about Jersey Shore makes me fear society and thier tastes.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

5Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:22 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thank god......just......thank god.

6Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wait. They are writing books? I didn't know they knew how to write. Or read. What will MTV do without these bozos? I am sure they could recast the show without any problem. These jokers don't realize that they are a dime a dozen.

7Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:20 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I say a fist pump to that!

8Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:33 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am so tired of ignorance and callousness being rewarded in this country. I honestly don't think any 'reality TV' stars on shows like Jersey Shore or The Hills have any marketable skills other than being pretty and prone to histrionics. I definitely won't believe the majority of them have finished high school.

So, just so I have it clear: To be famous in America, you must either A) be so repugnant that people are drawn to you train-wreck style; B) Have sex with someone famous, preferably someone who is staunchly conservative/pro-family values; C) Write the book that you've been working on since you were a fat ninth grade girl with no friends; or D) Any and all of the above.

Is that right? Oh, yes. You can also be complete trash and be famous because you can carry a basketball or football across a playing field and put it in some sort of goal.

Truly, America is an inspiration for the world. Rolling Eyes

9Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

good riddence!

10Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Sandman wrote:good riddence!
That is not really what's going on here...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

11Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:22 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

that being said Doug, the hills was never a reality show. the whole thing was scripted.

12Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:25 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Oh right sorry I needed to contribute something constructive to this thread.

Sorry i can't Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

13Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Oh right sorry I needed to contribute something constructive to this thread.

Sorry i can't Bwah-ha-ha-ha!
I thought your contribution was very well done. I approve.

14Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:37 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:that being said Doug, the hills was never a reality show. the whole thing was scripted.

It was still empty celebrity. Not one of those people was famous for anything they did -- they all got to fame by being little fame-suckers like Spencer Pratt (god, what an appropriate name!) that leeched onto Brody Jenner, who happened to be the stepson of a music mogul and the son of an almost-forgotten Olympic athlete. They have no talent, no intelligence, and no marketable skills other than reacting in ways that are guaranteed to elicit a response from their audience, whether it's the one behind the camera or anyone who happens to be watching.

And we as Americans accept it. We allow the networks to spoon-feed us what they tell us we should like, and creative shows with actors and writers who've studied their craft, are bounced around schedules and ridiculed until they drop away. And what are we left with? Fake life and fake people shoved in our faces, with all their flaws and disgusting bits laid bare for the masses to gobble down like an all-you-can-eat buffet at their local Sizzler.

We have no priorities for quality in America. We want it fast and cheap, and we're easily drawn to whatever is playing the loudest. Which explains a lot about the effectiveness of our government.

15Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:06 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Will MTV bring in the Pinkertons to break up the strike?

16Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:55 pm

CherriesJubilee

CherriesJubilee
Pirate
Pirate

This is almost as bad as Tiger Woods' mistress being on Celebrity Apprentice! They sure are playing it fast and loose with the term 'Celebrity' Laughing

17Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I gotta buy this book so I can learn the true way to "GTL". Laughing

18Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:06 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hannibal king wrote:I gotta buy this book so I can learn the true way to "GTL". Laughing

Anyone who does laundry (the L in GTL) every day is not paying their own water bill or carrying their clothes to a laundromat.

I'm just sayin'.

19Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:45 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They should just recast. I'll be "The Quandary"

20Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:They should just recast. I'll be "The Quandary"

Oh gosh that made me lol'd hard. Laughing

CherriesJubilee wrote:This is almost as bad as Tiger Woods' mistress being on Celebrity Apprentice! They sure are playing it fast and loose with the term 'Celebrity' Laughing

Indeed. I miss the days when being a homewrecker was a bad thing and not something worthy of praise. I'll stop now before I go on a rant of my own.

21Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:39 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some people...

10K is too much for these people.

22Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
azrael07 wrote:that being said Doug, the hills was never a reality show. the whole thing was scripted.

It was still empty celebrity. Not one of those people was famous for anything they did -- they all got to fame by being little fame-suckers like Spencer Pratt (god, what an appropriate name!) that leeched onto Brody Jenner, who happened to be the stepson of a music mogul and the son of an almost-forgotten Olympic athlete. They have no talent, no intelligence, and no marketable skills other than reacting in ways that are guaranteed to elicit a response from their audience, whether it's the one behind the camera or anyone who happens to be watching.

And we as Americans accept it. We allow the networks to spoon-feed us what they tell us we should like, and creative shows with actors and writers who've studied their craft, are bounced around schedules and ridiculed until they drop away. And what are we left with? Fake life and fake people shoved in our faces, with all their flaws and disgusting bits laid bare for the masses to gobble down like an all-you-can-eat buffet at their local Sizzler.

We have no priorities for quality in America. We want it fast and cheap, and we're easily drawn to whatever is playing the loudest. Which explains a lot about the effectiveness of our government.
What he said. 100% in agreement.

23Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Frank M. Reding

Frank M. Reding
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

superdoug wrote:

Doug is on a roll today. Laughing

As I've said before I think a celebrity is someone who is famous for being famous.

Sadly I have to admit I have watched so called "reality TV" on more than one occasion. Why? I honestly don't know. Maybe Doug is right that many of us who were raised (even partly) on the idiot box have been spoon fed this stuff so much that we tend to see "something" even when its not there.

comicgeekelly wrote:Will MTV bring in the Pinkertons to break up the strike?

Laughing

Great use of a historical reference there CGK.

24Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:36 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I wont watch reality tv at all. Still $10,000 per episode is not that much considering the ratings and that similarly rated shows have stars making hundreds of thousands per episode. Its either give the cast the money or have an executive in a penthouse pocketing even more. I think every reality show is garbage but people watch them so the cast should be paid accordingly.

25Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Empty Re: Reality TV "stars" on strike????? Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:44 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

superdoug wrote:

i agree completely. *high fives*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum