Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Everyone involved in its production, especially the editor, Brian Cunningham,

+3
shining knight
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
krpykrwly
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"and publishers Dan Didio and Jim Lee should be deeply ashamed of what they’ve done here."

STOP! SPOILERS for Justice League: Rise of Arsenal #3!

Here's a review of the issue - NERD RAGE!

I haven't read any of Justice League: Rise of Arsenal but have read the synopsis and I like my man Buttercow so this doesn't seem too bad especially in the current wake of goings-on within DC's titles over the last decade or so. I think the idea of a drug relapse is pretty interesting.

Any other opinions out there?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was so bad it was funny. I recall telling more ED jokes than usual after reading this. I had no clue BC was involved with this. The drug relapse thing is a good idea, but they are handling it in a more or less unintentionally amusing way. don't know

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished reading it.

It is pretty messed up but if I think of it as a dark comedy, its great!

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

By me.
Spoiler:

By someone else.
Spoiler:

For you.
Spoiler:

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

inspired by krypy I did a few on my blog this is my fave one...

Spoiler:

go to the link to Dead'll do in my sig to see the rest....

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The fighting scene didn't bother me as much as the person reviewing the comic. It had a kind of "Jason Bourne" feel to it. Other than that, I don't have a lot of positivity to say about this.

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Given the fact that the person "has been reading comics for 25 years" and didn't know Roy previously went as Arsenal, or that he has uncanny skill at using anything as a weapon (hence the name Arsenal), I'm going to go ahead and take this review with a grain of salt.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

^ In what way does it take from his ability to tell the quality of the story or not liking at all what he read? So he was not aware of some of the backstory of the main character. I can go and read the first issue I see of - let's say - Darkness without knowing much about the character other than the general origin; would it take from my critique if the gist of it will be "I hated it"?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:^ In what way does it take from his ability to tell the quality of the story or not liking at all what he read? So he was not aware of some of the backstory of the main character. I can go and read the first issue I see of - let's say - Darkness without knowing much about the character other than the general origin; would it take from my critique if the gist of it will be "I hated it"?

Because he's letting those scenes further detract from the enjoyment of the story. And those happened early on. So if he already hates the comic based on those scenes that he clearly didn't understand, there's little chance he'd enjoy anything else about it because his opinions already been formed.

And he's shocked Roy and Chesire hooked up? Has he never heard of angry sex or sex between two people who are grieving and need something to feel better? Noooo, that never happens in real life, right?

And Roy scoring in costume. For someone who supposedly knows many junkies, he's never seen them at their most desperate and not thinking but anything else other than scoring? There are tons of addiction shows on TV that show people just like this.

And then he says there's no explanation as to what kind of hospital Roy is in at the end, and then in the very next sentence mentions how Dick referred to it as an institution for villain rehab. So not only has he shown his ignorance on topics he's a supposed expert on, he's also contradicting himself. And people are still taking this guy seriously?

It's fine if you didn't like the book either, but this guy just came off as a moron. In my humble opinion, of course.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I haven't read, but your points are valid too. Thanks for clarifying.

On the other hand, this week it was impossible to escape all the online negative reviews and blog entries about this issue. Haven't seen such a rage since Justice League: Cry for Justice...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:I haven't read, but your points are valid too. Thanks for clarifying.

On the other hand, this week it was impossible to escape all the online negative reviews and blog entries about this issue. Haven't seen such a rage since Justice League: Cry for Justice...

Yeah, well it's not the internet if people aren't bitching about something Wink

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't read that guy's review but I just read #3 of this and thought it was pretty bad. yikes Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum