Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Axel Alonso named new Marvel Editor in Chief.

+3
Rath99
Bigtymin504
Denim
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30169

Not sure what this means for Joe Q. Has not Joe Q. been saying for the last year that he is not responsible for anything, and now his title is Chief Creative Officer. Does this mean more stories of making deals with Satan because it is easier then divorce?

For that matter, why does Chief Creative Officer sound like a made up title?

Axel Alonso named new Marvel Editor in Chief. Joe_quesadacopy

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Whoa this is pretty big. I guess Joe Q's growing involvement in the TV and movies side of Marvel makes this a logical move. Alonso has some big shoes to fill though...like him or not, under Quesada's tenure Marvel has been hugely successful as the top dog in the industry. And its become a major player on the world stage in terms of being an overall entertainment company.

On a side note, I would've guessed Tom Brevoort was next in line for EiC. Go figure.

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This isn't a demotion for Quesada. He's actually had this position for a little while now. This just clears his plate so he can focus more on his new duties. He'll be working more with the TV/Movie side of it all.

Good luck to them both. Looking forward to what Axle will bring.

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Yeah I agree this is a good thing. Alonso has been with Marvel for a while!

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope it's for the best.

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Highly doubt it, but it would be cool if he could fix that whole Spider-Man mess. Joe Q screwed it up, he would win over a lot of fans if he could fix it.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:Highly doubt it, but it would be cool if he could fix that whole Spider-Man mess. Joe Q screwed it up, he would win over a lot of fans if he could fix it.

But in the minds of a lot of fans, including myself, there's nothing to "fix" about the Spidey books. They've never been better over the last like 2 years.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In related news, Tom Brevoort gets promoted to Marvel Senior Vice President of Publishing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30175

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Chi-Town Spidey wrote:Highly doubt it, but it would be cool if he could fix that whole Spider-Man mess. Joe Q screwed it up, he would win over a lot of fans if he could fix it.

But in the minds of a lot of fans, including myself, there's nothing to "fix" about the Spidey books. They've never been better over the last like 2 years.

The continuity is all messed up, I can't just "forget" something happened (when it DID) with a lousy-pull-out-of-my-ass-reboot. You can't cover it up with funny stories and great art. Most of those fans, not saying you, are Quesada lovers. It's like telling a Kevin Smith fan that Jersey Girl sucked, they'll defend it till the day they die. Doesn't change the fact, that the truth of the matter is, it really did suck.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My opinion on the OMD thing is that I don't let continuity get in the way of good stories. ASM has been one of the most consistantly good books that Marvel puts out for the past two years. They've completly rebounded from the suckyness and it would just drag down the series to attempt to do any fixes.

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh I agree, they are good stories, but they could have been told with a married Spidey. There was NO reason for OMD. They just don't fit right in the puzzle to me and to a lot of other Spidey fans out there.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

The continuity is all messed up, I can't just "forget" something happened (when it DID) with a lousy-pull-out-of-my-ass-reboot. You can't cover it up with funny stories and great art. Most of those fans, not saying you, are Quesada lovers. It's like telling a Kevin Smith fan that Jersey Girl sucked, they'll defend it till the day they die. Doesn't change the fact, that the truth of the matter is, it really did suck.

Ugh, I really don't feel like getting into a OMD debate but so be it. Laughing The continuity isn't all that messed up actually. O.M.I.T. actually did a pretty good job of reconciling everything. Basically everything that's happened, happened. The only difference is that Peter and MJ never got married, they just lived together in a committed relationship like so many people do. So if you go back and read those stories, everything still happened as is, you just have to ignore/omit any reference to them being married and what not. Now of course that's not perfect and still causes a few continuity issues, but honestly name me one big time superhero that doesn't have continuity issues throughout his/her history. It's just the nature of superhero comics, and not a big deal if you ask me.

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:Oh I agree, they are good stories, but they could have been told with a married Spidey. There was NO reason for OMD. They just don't fit right in the puzzle to me and to a lot of other Spidey fans out there.

No they really couldn't have been told with a married Spidey...unless you have Spidey dating several different chicks, living with a female roommate, regularly shacking up with Black Cat, etc. all while being married to MJ. I guess they could have tried it, but then it would turn into a book about Tony Stark. neutral

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="Bigtymin504"

Ugh, I really don't feel like getting into a OMD debate but so be it. Laughing The continuity isn't all that messed up actually. O.M.I.T. actually did a pretty good job of reconciling everything. Basically everything that's happened, happened. The only difference is that Peter and MJ never got married, they just lived together in a committed relationship like so many people do. So if you go back and read those stories, everything still happened as is, you just have to ignore/omit any reference to them being married and what not. Now of course that's not perfect and still causes a few continuity issues, but honestly name me one big time superhero that doesn't have continuity issues throughout his/her history. It's just the nature of superhero comics, and not a big deal if you ask me.

No they really couldn't have been told with a married Spidey...unless you have Spidey dating several different chicks, living with a female roommate, regularly shacking up with Black Cat, etc. all while being married to MJ. I guess they could have tried it, but then it would turn into a book about Tony Stark. neutral [/quote]

Sorry, can't "IGNORE" what's written down on black ink. To you, it's not a big deal. You basically said it, the writers and basically reliving their bachlor glory days through spidey, so it could be told with a married version if they substract all that stuff out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum