Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your life by the decade

+6
Batman25JM
Gandicles
Lewis Black is Sabertooth
Thundermatts
BlueMaxx
riv1
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your life by the decade Empty Your life by the decade Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:42 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did this a few years back. Just go by tens, however many tens you have!

1970 I was 2 years old. My dad was a 26 year old going nowhere boxer slash gang member slash asshole, my mom was a 42 year old immigrant from Puerto Rico who already had 3 kids from a previous marriage. She had big boobs though, which i guess explains the hook up.

1980 I was 12 years old, my dad had left 5 years previously, and my siblings were all off doing their own things. So was my mom actually. I pretty much lived on comics and TV, and though i knew what sex, drugs, and death were, i'd still call myself pretty much innocent at this point. That would change within the next few years.

1990 I was four years out of High School. I was on my own and had no idea WTF to do with my life except deal drugs. I'd flirt briefly with College, and even contemplate marriage at one point. Life decisions were needing to be made.

2000 I was in the Army, been to War, been married three years, and had two kids. I was actually a responsible adult, not a married guy who partied all the time and came home at all hours. That happens a lot in the Army. A good woman'll smack that shit out of you quick, though.

2010 Still in the Army, been to War three more times, and have one more kid. I'm a lot older, a little (very little) wiser. I hate my job but do it to provide for my family. I wonder sometimes where the years all went. Mostly i look at the fact that i'm still into comics and can laugh at the silliness of it all.

2Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:32 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

1980s - Vague memories of inconcievable innocence being simultaneously nurtured and damaged.
1990s - The world around me was taking shape. Family, friends, music, books/comics, beliefs/ideals...although by the end of this decade I'd just be a preteen, my identity's clay was taking shape and drying in certain places.
2000s - Deeper self-discovery. Figuring out relationships, friendships, people in general, who the fuck I am. In the early part of this decade: booze, sex, drugs, and, oddly, responsibility would hit hard and fast. Would lose family; make amends with some, like my brother; would lose friends, and make new ones; would figure out what a friend truly is, and what a relationship means; and find ignorance and intelligence replaces bad and good as concepts. And a couple jobs, a high school diploma, and an incomplete college education later, still figuring things out.
2010s - [See last sentence of 2000s after the last comma.]

(Rereading that, it sounds a lot like most's, I'd imagine.)

3Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

30's Not known to me right now, I arrive in 1934 by way of a time machine, and spend some time kicking around.
80's. Born halfway into the decade, don't remember much.
90's grew up. Had fun. My childhood.
00's grew up more, had a kid, which is the super awesomest thing I'll do until time travel, probabaly.
4513 finally die, after global catastrophe kills everything on Earth, yes even brains in super awesome robot bodies.

4Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Ninja
Ninja

80's grew up watching Mr. Rogers
90's grew up relying solely on Nintendo and cereal
2000's went on adventures and got a place to call my own
2010's Unemployed Social Interaction Bizzar

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.moutrey

5Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:20 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't kno what's better, the posts or that freaky Disney sig!

6Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:41 pm

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

1980s - Born near the end of the decade
1990s - Childhood, spent my days watching awesome cartoons and fighting with my brother
2000s - Spent middle school and first two years of high school as socially awkward, weird, somewhat creepy kid. During this time became a chronic underachiever. Expelled in junior year. started getting my act together and making up credits. Graduated and started college. Chronically unemployed and still an underachiever in school.
2010s - After much deliberation, decide that there's nothing left to fall back on. Original plans alter - Decide to join the military and finish college on government time. Currently getting in shape with plans to enter USMC boot camp in early 2011.

7Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

1980s - Born in '87, so don't remember much.

1990's - Childhood. Great times. Children's TV was in it's heyday. Obsessed with TMNT, Power Rangers, Pokemon, and Digimon. To this day I miss the 90's with every fiber of my being.

2000's - Spent the first 4 years of the decade ill with Lyme disease. Was out of school for that time. I couldn't see or walk. Let's just say it sucked. I got better in '04. Went back to school and graduated top of my class/valedictorian (ended up graduating a year late because of my illness). Spoke at my graduation (I was so scared I don't remember it at all). Went on to college, majoring in Psychology. During this time (2005/2006) was when I majorly got into comics.

2010's - Will graduate college in 2011 and then I'll go on to get my master's degree. I then hope to teach Psychology.

8Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:11 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

70's: Born in '72. Childhood. Grade School.
80's: More Grade School. Grandfather died. High School. Parents divorced. Started working retail.
90's: Graduated High School in '91. College. Marine Corps. Celebrity bodyguard. Back to retail.
00's: Retail management. Wife. House. Dog.

9Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:57 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Eh... looks like everyone did it differently than riv. Who should I follow, then?

I'll go with the original!

1980: Wasn't born yet, probably wasn't even in swimming in my father's testicular system. My parents got married that year, my dad was 29 and my mom 25. Two years later I was born, the following year (one year and one month exactly) my brother arrived to the world.

1990: Eight years old. My mom was sick and hospitalized most of my childhood due to physical illness and mental illness caused by having a postpartum depression after I was born, and having another child too soon afterwards against doctors' recommendations. My father was working for the army as a citizen for the last 15 years, yet still took care of me and my little brother mostly on his own. My grandparents both died in the last two years (and my mom's father and his second wife were just a thorn in our my dad's side). The following year my father will retire from work to fully take care of my mom and us kids. Couple of months later my mom will pass away.

2000: Graduated high school and by the end of the year got drafted to the IDF. For most young people it's the first step at independence, and I wasn't any different. However, reality came back to bite be and forced me at fully becoming independent when my dad passed away a year later. In '00 I think I was still naive and only a year or two later I really started growing up when I remained in service and had to manage a household with my little brother (who was technically an adult, 18 by the time our father died). Also, the Y2K Bug was a bitch.

2010: Going through several tough processes, I'm now almost 28, not sure if I have something to leave behind for which people will remind me. I didn't start a family yet, unlike most of the people my age I know (even my cousin, only couple of months older, got married last summer and his wife is about to give birth any moment). Never had any meaningful romantic relationship. The only stuff I can vouch for is my blogging/writing. The Internet has become a big part of my life in the last four years and I can't see myself without it. Comics became THE biggest aspect of my life, although for the last year or two my tastes have been changed drastically from mainstream/superheroes to far more adult/independent works. The one thing I can be thankful for is having a job, quite solid. There was a very recent apparent shook up that will force me to move on, but thankfully it was silenced, at least for the time being.
And hey, I'm part of PoP! so who knows what I'll have to write about by 2020?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

10Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:18 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer, you're the fucking MAN. Thanks.

11Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

1980 - As a precocious three-year old, I had already seen Star Wars at least three times in the theater, had just started reading, and was enjoying my last year as an only child.

1990 - At age thirteen, my love of comics, sci-fi, TMNT, and pro wrestling now had to compete with my discovery of the fairer sex. Many embarrassing bulges occurred during seventh period French class.

2000 - Age 23. I am a recent college graduate, interning at a local high school, beginning my short-lived career as a high school English teacher. Four years later, I would get so sick and burned out from the profession that I will leave for good.

2010 - Age 33. Married, with two beautiful kids and living in a house that I own. My job gets on my nerves, but it pays the bills, and I'm always keeping my eyes open for a better one. Otherwise, life's pretty damn good.

Last edited by Debaser77 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:44 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's a wonderful life, man.

13Your life by the decade Empty Re: Your life by the decade Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:54 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

1990's--My Nickelodeon and Lunchable-fueled childhood
2000's-- 2000, I was 10 years old and went to cheerleading camp. 2003 I hated the world and found an escape through Harry Potter and Spongebob. LBiS also had the main influence on me starting to like a more nerdly sort of things. 2004--started HS, turned anime nerd 2007--graduated high school and went to my first anime convention.
2010--I'm an animation student living in Indianapolis, cosplayer, Doctor Who fanatic.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum