Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don Bluth

+11
Joshua
krpykrwly
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
BlueMaxx
superdoug
TENIME_art
Thundermatts
Lee
Administrator
Sandman
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Don Bluth Empty Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:09 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

So I was on Net flix looking for old movies I have not seen in a long time. I came up with All Dogs go to heaven. I then found out that not only were there 4 movies AFTER the first one but 3 seasons of a TV show I never knew about. there are also 12 Land before time sequels and a TV show that started in 2007! and there are atleast 3 American tale sequels.

2Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:15 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I know there was an All Dogs Go to Heaven sequel and I assume the others you refer to are specials. I've watched the TV show many years ago and it wasn't something to remember.
Didn't know there were so many Land Before Time sequels (I only knew about a few Direct-to-Video sequels), but I do remember a much older TV show. Can't find any details about it, though.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:55 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think Don Bluth had anything at all to do with any of those sequels. That's the studio milking a concept (and destroying it).

http://www.leerodriguez.net

4Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:56 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Because Dinosaurs that have eye lashes was something meant to be kept pure.

sorry I'm bitter about hair on my dinosaurs.

5Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:23 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:I don't think Don Bluth had anything at all to do with any of those sequels. That's the studio milking a concept (and destroying it).

This.

I don't even think he had anything to do with Fievel Goes West (though, it was one of the best animated sequels ever).

6Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:This.

I don't even think he had anything to do with Fievel Goes West (though, it was one of the best animated sequels ever).

He did the first of many franchises, but he only did two sequels in any capacity. I've bolded them below. Movies appear in order of release:

The Small One
Banjo the Woodpile Cat
The Secret of NIMH
Dragon's Lair (Video Game)
Space Ace (Video Game)
An American Tail
Land Before Time
All Dogs Go To Heaven
Dragon's Lair II: Timewarp (Video Game -- one I played and played for hours. Lost many hundreds of dollars to the Bluth machine on it)
Rock-A-Doodle
Thumbelina
A Troll in Central Park
Pebble and the Penguin
Anastasia
Bartok the Magnificent
Titan A.E.
Gift of the Hoopoe

7Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:39 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WTF is "Gift of the Hoopoe", and why haven't I seen it yet!? Shocked

8Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:12 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Apparently, it's a short that he and Gary Oldman did as a favor to a friend of Bluth's in Saudi Arabia. Bluth did it on the condition that he not be named as producer or director on the finished product. Then, when it came out in 2009, he was surprised to find that he and Gary Oldman both had their names plastered on it.

Apparently, it's completely in Arabic.

9Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, that guy made all those childhood memories?

10Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My favorites were the video games (Dragon's Lair 1&2, and Space Ace)

I never could beat any of them, came closest with DL2, but I kept getting killed trying to get the treasures scattered throughout the game.

11Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:This.

He did the first of many franchises, but he only did two sequels in any capacity. I've bolded them below. Movies appear in order of release:

The Small One
Banjo the Woodpile Cat
The Secret of NIMH
Dragon's Lair (Video Game)
Space Ace (Video Game)
An American Tail
Land Before Time
All Dogs Go To Heaven
Dragon's Lair II: Timewarp (Video Game -- one I played and played for hours. Lost many hundreds of dollars to the Bluth machine on it)
Rock-A-Doodle
Thumbelina
A Troll in Central Park
Pebble and the Penguin
Anastasia
Bartok the Magnificent
Titan A.E.
Gift of the Hoopoe

I love the Secret of Nimh. I always wanted a dog named Nicademus.

12Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:51 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Because Dinosaurs that have eye lashes was something meant to be kept pure.

sorry I'm bitter about hair on my dinosaurs.

Maybe they're feathers and not hair?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

13Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:41 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gary Goldman. Wink

Bluth's movies are probably my favorite animated films. Sorry, Disney.

14Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blaming Don Bluth for multiple sequels of properties he created is like blaming Walt Disney for the numerous and shoddy direct-to-DVD Disney sequels.

15Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Secret of Nimh fucked my shit up as a kid...in a good way.

16Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:48 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know its underated but i love titan A.E.

17Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Underrated" would indicate that it's a good movie to begin with. I'd probably define it more as "Not appreciated, but with good reason." Wink

18Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:42 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:"Underrated" would indicate that it's a good movie to begin with. I'd probably define it more as "Not appreciated, but with good reason." Wink

it is a good movie.

why don't you like it?

19Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:43 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Blaming Don Bluth for multiple sequels of properties he created is like blaming Walt Disney for the numerous and shoddy direct-to-DVD Disney sequels.
This.

20Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:09 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
Joshua wrote:"Underrated" would indicate that it's a good movie to begin with. I'd probably define it more as "Not appreciated, but with good reason." Wink

it is a good movie.

why don't you like it?
I didn't hate it, but it certainly wasn't good. It had potential, but mostly fell flat, felt bland, and left me feeling cold. I'd go into more detail, but honestly, it's been so long since I've seen it I don't remember many details, just the impressions it left me with.

21Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:21 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I just remember Titan A.E. was partially responsible for Creed's ascendance to Jesus-level popularity, as "Higher" was in the trailers.

An all I wanna say is....uh yessseah....yesssahhh...I don't know why I'm always doing that...

22Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:31 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well i'm a big joss whedon fan and he wrote most of the script so therefore i loved it.

23Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:36 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan, but that doesn't mean everything he's had a hand in is gold. Lord knows he's certainly not always happy with the direction movies he's scripted have made (see: Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Ben Edlund, who is a genius, also worked on the screenplay. In the end, the blame rests with the director. Don't get me wrong, Bluth has made some exceptional movies (Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, Anastasia) but he's also churned out some real crap (Rock-a-Doodle, Thumbelina, A Troll in Central Park).

24Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:51 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Secret of NIMH is such a fucking chore...

25Don Bluth Empty Re: Don Bluth Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:59 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan, but that doesn't mean everything he's had a hand in is gold. Lord knows he's certainly not always happy with the direction movies he's scripted have made (see: Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Ben Edlund, who is a genius, also worked on the screenplay. In the end, the blame rests with the director. Don't get me wrong, Bluth has made some exceptional movies (Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, Anastasia) but he's also churned out some real crap (Rock-a-Doodle, Thumbelina, A Troll in Central Park).

i think the crappy ones were made simply to make money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum