Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

July Suggestions for POP! Reads

+3
shark6495
tstrike99
flux336
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty July Suggestions for POP! Reads Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:36 am

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

July is graphic novel month. Any ideas?

2July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:55 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

new or old?

3July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:46 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I spaced out from reading a few months ago... could someone post a list of the graphic novels and books that have been nominated? that way we can keep an updated list on each of these and also keep us from repeating?

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

4July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:05 pm

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

tstrike99 wrote:new or old?

player's choice Smile

5July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:06 pm

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

shark6495 wrote:I spaced out from reading a few months ago... could someone post a list of the graphic novels and books that have been nominated? that way we can keep an updated list on each of these and also keep us from repeating?

Let me look it up and I'll post soon...

6July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:10 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life (Vol. 1) With the movie coming out and all...

7July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:30 pm

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

Previous POP! Reads

January 2010 - Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader - Neil Gaiman & Andy Kubert

February 2010 - American Gods - Neil Gaiman

March 2010 - Secret Origin: Green Lantern - Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis

April 2010 - World War Z - Max Brooks

May 2010 - Chew vol. 1: Taster's Choice

June 2010 - Peter & Max: A Fables Novel - Bill Willingham

8July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:43 pm

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

From Hell - Alan Moore

9July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am currently reading The Walking Dead to get ready for the series in October.

10July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:42 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd like to nominate Criminal Vol 5: The Sinners. Not a bit of the past volumes of Criminal need to be read to understand what is going on. That's what's so cool about the series each volume is it's own story.

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I am currently reading The Walking Dead to get ready for the series in October.

I'm doing the exact opposite of you. I'm planning on reading the comic when the series is done with it's first season. No spoilers for me.

11July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Man, that's tough. Why not read it first? I know a few who wanted to see Watchmen before reading Watchmen because they were afraid the awesome of the book that had been hyped wouldn't translate as well. Weaker to stronger mentality?

Starting to read Walking Dead doesn't sound half bad. I'm so backed up with my lit. it's ridiculous.

12July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:13 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've never seen anything comic releated without reading it first, so I just want to see how that is. If they're keeping as true to the book as they say they are (which I'd hope because Kirkman's writing an episode) the show should be awesome and once I get to the comic it should be equally as awesome.

13July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:06 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fair enough.

14July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I am currently reading The Walking Dead to get ready for the series in October.

I'm doing the exact opposite of you. I'm planning on reading the comic when the series is done with it's first season. No spoilers for me.

I wanted to have a background of the places and characters before I started watching it. I am really surprised that a black and white zombie graphic novel can be so good.

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Man, that's tough. Why not read it first? I know a few who wanted to see Watchmen before reading Watchmen because they were afraid the awesome of the book that had been hyped wouldn't translate as well. Weaker to stronger mentality?

Starting to read Walking Dead doesn't sound half bad. I'm so backed up with my lit. it's ridiculous.

I actually wanted to read The Watchmen after I watched the movie. I really did not enjoy the graphic novel at all. I think even if I read it before I watched the movie I still wouldn't have enjoyed it.

15July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:45 pm

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I recommend the Whiteout Novels, the artwork kicks ass and the story is good too.

16July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:49 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ A friend I cross jobs with, Paul, loves those books.

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
I actually wanted to read The Watchmen after I watched the movie. I really did not enjoy the graphic novel at all. I think even if I read it before I watched the movie I still wouldn't have enjoyed it.
Bold statement. You're not alone, though. It isn't that great. But one of those books that are worth reading.

17July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:56 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Bold statement. You're not alone, though. It isn't that great. But one of those books that are worth reading.

I know. I have been ragged at because I dare to say that the Watchmen novel was boring. The reason I got through it was because of the movie...I don't know how but I did.

18July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:35 am

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

Any other suggestions?

19July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hack/Slash???

20July Suggestions for POP! Reads Empty Re: July Suggestions for POP! Reads Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 pm

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

Well, we missed July everyone. It's been a rough month. Sad We still have August though...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum