Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall

+10
Aussiemandias
Velociraptor DJ
comicgeekelly
colossus1979
Astro13Zombie
Joshua
Administrator
jaydee74
MillionDollarGeek
ChrisToPhenom
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:42 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

Director Matthew Vaughn has expressed interest in a sequel. Vaughn also said, "No, we're not [planning a sequel]. If it continues doing well, then we might but I just don't like counting my chickens before the eggs hatched." Moretz is enthusiastic about the idea of a sequel and said she would love to reprise the role of Hit-Girl. On 16 March 2010, Mark Millar said he would begin writing a sequel comic book in April.

On 9 April 2010, Millar revealed details for the second book, which he said would involve criminals taking on supervillain personae to counter the superheroes, and Hit-Girl trying to lead a normal life.

On May 5, 2010, Millar confirmed that a film sequel is definitely in the works, with filming starting in 2011 and with a planned release in 2012.

IMDb-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1650554/

2Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:44 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'll read the book and skip the movie.

3Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:59 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll check out the movie and skip the book.

4Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:22 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I'll definitely never read any of the books and there's a very small chance I'll watch a sequel.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

5Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope it has jet packs.

6Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I hope it has jet packs.
lol!

7Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:54 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

eh, i'm probably gonna skip both. it's like jurassic park to me, michael chriton wrote a book that frankly he had no intentions on a second one.....until the movie made millions of dollars. then well, it became "let me write a SECOND book to option it for a second movie." and so on and we all saw how the lost world ended up. if he WROTE an ongoing continuing story to begin with, i'd be ok with it. but now he's writing it to just make another movie. so both might suffer because of it.

8Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll probably read and and go see it depending on when the movie comes out. I enjoyed Kick Ass in both its comic and movie forms.

9Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:45 am

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

I'll probably wait until the inevitably delayed comic finishes up it's run before I even bother to take a look at either comic or movie....whichever gets there first. blush

10Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:12 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote: but now he's writing it to just make another movie.
I don't know if it's the truth or not but I really feel he wrote the original series just to get a movie made anyway so I feel a sequel is just more of the same approach.

11Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:03 am

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

colossus1979 wrote:eh, i'm probably gonna skip both. it's like jurassic park to me, michael chriton wrote a book that frankly he had no intentions on a second one.....until the movie made millions of dollars. then well, it became "let me write a SECOND book to option it for a second movie." and so on and we all saw how the lost world ended up. if he WROTE an ongoing continuing story to begin with, i'd be ok with it. but now he's writing it to just make another movie. so both might suffer because of it.

I see your point but I think you picked a bad example. MC's Lost World was good while SS's Jurassic Park: The Lost World was a flaming pile of garbage that was more like ACD's Lost World with that certain shine of crap only Speilberg can do.

That being said I wouldn't mind a Kick-Ass. I never read the comic, but I watched the movie last night and it did leave me wanting more.

12Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:12 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

im not sure...

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

13Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't say I'm a huge fan of Millar so I'll probably never get the second book. I liked the first book but my love for Millar equals Batman25JM's love for Grant Morrison but I guess I'm more on the fence on this sequel.

14Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:20 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I'll check out the movie and skip the book.

^^ This yes

15Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:13 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:
I see your point but I think you picked a bad example. MC's Lost World was good while SS's Jurassic Park: The Lost World was a flaming pile of garbage that was more like ACD's Lost World with that certain shine of crap only Speilberg can do.

That being said I wouldn't mind a Kick-Ass. I never read the comic, but I watched the movie last night and it did leave me wanting more.

i dunno, the second jurassic park book and movie kinda steamed up the room with a special type of funk to me....

16Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am more of a fan of the comic then the movie and I am a huge MM fan, so I will defnitly get the book

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

17Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

colossus1979 wrote:
Janson wrote:

i dunno, the second jurassic park book and movie kinda steamed up the room with a special type of funk to me....

We must not have read the same book. We did however watch the same movie.

18Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Empty Re: Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:35 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

the book was way better than the movie, but it still didn't compare to the first one...at least not to me. but yeah that movie was almost as bad as mortal kombat:annihilation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum