Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

I write like Tolstoy!

+19
Lee
Administrator
Janson
MillionDollarGeek
Joshua
kidspider2099
Frank M. Reding
Mnemosis
Captain Painway
colossus1979
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
alucardbarnivous
Sapphire Gypsy
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
WonderWoman2.0
Thundermatts
BlueMaxx
riv1
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1I write like Tolstoy! Empty I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:55 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

According to this site, any way...

http://iwl.me/

2I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:05 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cory Doctorow. Blogger/SF writer/journalist. I imagine many will sound like this guy because the only writings I used were from here, a message board. Let's see.

3I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I used the first few paragraphs of the short story version of Heart String and got Kurt Vonnegut. So yay for me!

4I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:15 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

J.K. Rowling. My life has just been made.

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

5I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting. I used my usual posts here and got Mario Puzo (The Godfather---yeah boiiiiiii!!!!). I used my posts from the Survival of the Fittest threads and got Stephen King (yeah, I've never heard of him either lawl). It's offical, I fucking rock *plays air guitar*. Laughing

All my posts should end with someone getting shot and the theme from Godfather playing. *shoots the nearest poster---Godfather theme plays* Laughing

EDIT: I used this post and I still got Mario Puzo. I'm so fucking gangsta. Laughing

6I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:22 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, no lie. I'm soooo serious. T-Matts is possibly going to be peeved. I put in a short story I wrote out of spontaneity--NO, YOU CAN'T READ IT. Laughing--and I, apparently, write like Stephen King. That is awesome.

Never read any of King's stuff. *guilty* I honestly thought it was a very hackeneyed writing by me, being that I wrote it so quickly/spontaneously. And it's really about nothing. But I'm kind of proud of it now! lol!
http://iwl.me/b/b3a26720

7I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:26 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pretty good writers, here, eh?

8I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:27 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess so. Tolstoy, King, Vonnegut, and Rowling.

9I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I guess so. Tolstoy, King, Vonnegut, and Rowling.

No Puzo? I am disappoint. shake my head

Add James Joyce to the list. I threw in some short stories and got that. Not surprised. Stream-of-consciousness for the mother-fucking win. *air guitar everywhere* Laughing

Last edited by Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OCD, yeah you know me. lol)

10I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I got Stephen King when I pulled something I wrote forever ago.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

11I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:41 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

H.P. Lovecraft.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

12I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:42 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ooh, what'd you submit!?!

13I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

First I got Cory Doctorow when I used part of a book I'm writing. I included the bios I wrote for the characters in the book. I wrote them just for me, and not the book. When I cut out the bios and put the same part of the actual book I got Dan Brown. Then I put an earlier draft of the same book. It uses the same characters, but it's a different story. When I put that I got J. K. Rowling. I then put an even earlier draft of the book. Same story as the draft I put when I got J. K. Rowling, but it was slightly different. For that I got J. K. Rowling again. And finally, I put part of another book I'm working on and I got Isaac Asimov.

14I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:47 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't have anything else on this hard drive so I put in a chunk of my screenplay and it said I was Dan Brown. I've never read anything of his, but he sure can sell some books.

15I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm wondering how it's done. Words used and structure? Because my short story was lackluster. IDK. Not to be a downer. :P

16I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:11 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You....DOWNER!

17I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:12 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i put in one of my shorts and got stephanie meyer.....no wonder nobody likes my writing. Crying or Very sad

18I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:46 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Are you shitting me?!?! That's what I expected. A writer of her status. Ah well, c'est la vie.

riv1 wrote:You....DOWNER!
guilty

19I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:53 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Are you shitting me?!?! That's what I expected. A writer of her status. Ah well, c'est la vie.

i'm not a fan of hers.....not in the slightest. but i know she isn't bad.

20I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Evidently I write like H. P. Lovecraft as well! I used an old review of the new Star Trek from my crappy ol' blog.

http://likeitderby.com

21I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:08 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:Ooh, what'd you submit!?!

The first chapter of my latest novel.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

22I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I got Lovecraft and King from a review and a Retcon. Maybe I should see about something NOT comics related... I'm wondering if the word "mutant" is skewing things.

23I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Aight, wrote two scenes from "my comic" and got Stephen King and Vladimir Nabokov respectively. While I'd never heard of the latter, reading about him makes me pleased to be associated with him in any way.

24I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sting sung about Nabakov. Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

25I write like Tolstoy! Empty Re: I write like Tolstoy! Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:50 am

Frank M. Reding

Frank M. Reding
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I tried a variety of things I wrote and got...

H.P. Lovecraft
Cory Doctorow
Stephen King
H.P. Lovecraft
Dan Brown
Douglas Adams
Cory Doctorow

And last but not least....when I put in 14 pages from a horror story I started trying to write back in the 90's I got Chuck Palahniuk.

Weird. huh

Last edited by Frank M. Reding on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum