Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman Inc.

+18
Debaser77
Jherek
Jamesabels
DickGrayson007
superdoug
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Big Poppa Nick
jaydee74
alucardbarnivous
Nymn
Spider_Fan14
G_Zatara
prescribeddrone
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Bigtymin504
Spazzy
Foreigner_Man
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

affraid It's the end!!

Batman Inc. - Page 3 Nuclear-explosion

tongue

52Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:06 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Batman: The Return #1 & Batman Inc. #1

I decided to skip these last week. It's pretty well documented on this very site that I'm not a Grant Morrison fan. I've disliked almost everything I've ever read from the man (the only thing of his I've liked was the first arc of his New X-Men run), so it seemed like a no-brainer to skip these books. Well, thanks to prescribeddrone sending me a link to a preview of Batman Inc. my interest was peaked. He also said that the book was more linear than Morrison's past Batman stuff. So, I decided to at least flip through Batman Inc. in my LCS. I did that, and it didn't look half bad. So, I said "screw it" and I decided to get it. I also grabbed Batman: The Return for the hell of it. Well, I'm glad I got these books because I LOVED them. Yes, that's right, hell has frozen over and pigs are flying because I liked two Morrison book. So, thanks prescribeddrone for the link and giving me a gentle nudge to get Batman Inc. I'm VERY glad I did. I'm putting the book on my pull list next week.

This gives me a Joker face!

Glad that you enjoyed them man Smile

53Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:17 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote: affraid It's the end!!

Batman Inc. - Page 3 Nuclear-explosion

tongue

LaughingLaughing

The apocalypse is near.

prescribeddrone wrote:

I decided to skip these last week. It's pretty well documented on this very site that I'm not a Grant Morrison fan. I've disliked almost everything I've ever read from the man (the only thing of his I've liked was the first arc of his New X-Men run), so it seemed like a no-brainer to skip these books. Well, thanks to prescribeddrone sending me a link to a preview of Batman Inc. my interest was peaked. He also said that the book was more linear than Morrison's past Batman stuff. So, I decided to at least flip through Batman Inc. in my LCS. I did that, and it didn't look half bad. So, I said "screw it" and I decided to get it. I also grabbed Batman: The Return for the hell of it. Well, I'm glad I got these books because I LOVED them. Yes, that's right, hell has frozen over and pigs are flying because I liked two Morrison book. So, thanks prescribeddrone for the link and giving me a gentle nudge to get Batman Inc. I'm VERY glad I did. I'm putting the book on my pull list next week.

This gives me a Joker face!

Glad that you enjoyed them man Smile

Thanks again for turning me onto it. I seriously couldn't have enjoyed it more. I'm still in shock that I did though. My entire belief system is crumbling.Laughing

54Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:09 pm

EireJack

EireJack
Cadet
Cadet

I love this series, I think it's a fun idea. Also for the purposes of what Batman Incorporated is, the costume is great. Bruce Wayne has moved from gritty detective and urban defender to jetsetting salesman showing recruits all the nifty toys that membership brings. Also, there's images of it where I think the yellow circle looks liek it could have a spotlight built in and that would be Chief.

55Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked
"It's the end of the world as we know it. And I feel fine." Wink

I just read #2 and I loved everything about it but something that really got me into the book was the coloring. It felt like an old school Noir book and I really dug it. I am loving this book. One question though. At the end of the book
Spoiler:

56Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And cats are sleeping with dogs....

Batman Inc. - Page 3 Cat-and-dog-sleep

Now that you've had this little experience, Bats, do yourself a favour and pick up a copy of the Joe the Barbarian trade when it eventually comes out. I think you will really enjoy it. However it could be a little while now as the series has been hit with a lot of delays for the last couple of issues. I haven't read everything Grant Morrison has produced this year but I think it would have to be his best work of 2010.

57Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman Inc. #2

Loved it. I'm still shocked.

The art and coloring is just awesome.

jaydee74 wrote:
Spoiler:

That confused me as well. If he did become Batman I don't think I really like that. I prefer the Batmen from around the world to just be the equivalent of Batman, and not actual Batmen.

Aussiemandias wrote:
And cats are sleeping with dogs....

Batman Inc. - Page 3 Cat-and-dog-sleep

Now that you've had this little experience, Bats, do yourself a favour and pick up a copy of the Joe the Barbarian trade when it eventually comes out. I think you will really enjoy it. However it could be a little while now as the series has been hit with a lot of delays for the last couple of issues. I haven't read everything Grant Morrison has produced this year but I think it would have to be his best work of 2010.

Laughing

I may have to check that out.

58Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:02 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm pretty sure he became "Japan's Batman" but he doesn't have the Batsuit, if that makes sense.

And yeah, #2 was good stuff. Lord Death Man is a sick villain.

59Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:44 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Got it. So he's still wearing his own costume though but calling himself Batman? That makes a bit of sense

60Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:57 pm

EireJack

EireJack
Cadet
Cadet

No he allowed the other Identity to die publicly so that he could become Batman. It's BATMAN INCORPORATED

The other Batmen maybe stylized and individualized but they are batmen

61Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So then he'll be wearing another variation of the Batman costume? Eh. Sort of reminds me of:
Batman Inc. - Page 3 B582024128a0924ad892b010.L._SL500_AA300_

62Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:12 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I love pecan pie!

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

63Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Enjoying the hell out of this!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

64Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:48 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

I wish they would have included the French Batman's story in the Batman Inc. issues. I found his story a lot more interesting that the Japanese Batman's. I'm still not sure if the Japanese Batman is wearing the Batman costume at the end, or if that is Bruce. At first read, I thought it was the Japanese Batman, but with the end of the French Batman's story, I am unsure.

65Batman Inc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Inc. Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:48 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read number 2 awhile ao, an improvement but I don't like Batman being uppity about others killing villains. I didn't like the school bus of special needs kids being blown up either, that seemed too much of a James Robinson stlye shock value.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum