Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam 14644_front

Official release info:

SUPERMAN/SHAZAM! THE RETURN OF BLACK ADAM ANCHORS DC SHOWCASE ORIGINAL SHORTS COLLECTION

THE SPECTRE, JONAH HEX, GREEN ARROW INCLUDED ON COMPILATION DUE NOV. 9 FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO

BURBANK, CA (August 5, 2010) – Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Video have expanded the realm of superhero storytelling beyond the popular DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies with the introduction of the DC Showcase, a series of animated shorts featuring characters from the celebrated DC Comics vault. On November 9, 2010, Warner Home Video will distribute the DC Showcase Original Shorts Collection, the first quartet of animated adventures featuring the never-before-seen Superman/Shazam!
The Return of Black Adam, as a Special Edition Blu-Ray™ for $29.99
(SRP) and single disc DVD for $19.98 (SRP).

DC Showcase animated shorts initially appeared as special bonus content on the 2010 slate of DC Universe Animated Original Movies. The 10- to 12-minute films include The Spectre, Jonah Hex and Green Arrow. All three titles will be presented in extended formats along with the first-ever release of Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam.

In Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam, Clark Kent’s latest interview subject is street kid Billy Batson. What Clark doesn’t know is that Billy is more than a feisty kid with a lot of heart – he has been chosen by an ancient wizard to represent the good of man as the World’s Mightiest Mortal just by invoking the name of the wizard, "Shazam!" Billy's powers come none-too-soon, as he also discovers he's being pursued by a centuries' old, murderous villain, Black Adam – a foe so powerful, even Superman can’t stop him alone. The all-star cast of Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam is led by Jerry O’Connell (Crossing Jordan) as Captain Marvel, George Newbern reprising his Justice League role as Superman, Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy) as Black Adam and two-time Emmy Award® winner James Garner (8 Simple Rules) as The Wizard.

More info and screenshots at : http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/08/06/captain-marvel-black-adam-animated-superman-shazam-dc-showcase-collection/

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's kind of dickish, actually. I mean, all those who bought the special editions to get said shorts as the exclusive.

I will say that I'm the proud owner of none of the movies that had a special edition with any of the shorts. Now I can get them for cheaper. Maybe.

Damn, just looked up Crisis on Two Earths and their's a doc. that seems interesting. Fuck you, marketing!

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, this pisses me off. I have all the special editions with the shorts. I did not buy them for the shorts though. I bought them for the documentaries. I haven't even watched the shorts yet, and I do not plan to because I just don't care about the characters in them. I will watch the GA short when I get the upcoming Superman/Batman movie though, since I love GA. Anyway, I'm pissed because I want to see that Superman/Shazam short, but I don't want to pay $20 just for that.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Exactly. That's the only thing that's really holding that release together.

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really want to see the Superman/Shazam short, but since I already have all the special edition I highly doubt I'll buy this.

I'll see it one way or another..... Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam Smiley_emoticons_pirate_wink

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't have the Spectre short, I had to download it to watch it. So I don't mind getting the single DVD of the shorts for 14-20 bucks. The Superman/Shazam one is basically like an episode of JLA (20 minutes) and with the other shorts being "extended", I can dig it.

As for you guys who want to see it, just download it.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:
As for you guys who want to see it, just download it.

I'm sure I'll end up buying the DVD. I'm not a fan of downloading stuff. I don't really like watching things on my computer.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I understand. Good news is it'll probably be less than 20 bucks on Amazon.com, for either pre-sale or used.

I don't get why limit to 62 minutes? Why not add another 1 or 2 shorts? This is sorta like re-releasing an album with just one new bonus track.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched this last week. It was okay. There was some cool action, and I LOVED having George Newbern back as Superman. I love Tim Daly as Superman, but I love George Newbern more. I wish he'd had more lines.

There wasn't nearly enough Superman in this for me.

I already own the other shorts, but I still haven't watched the Jonah Hex or Spectre shorts. I just don't want to. I did rewatch the Green Arrow short. It was still awesome.

I did like that they included episodes of Batman: TAS, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and JLU. It made the purchase of the DVD more worthwhile that it would have been. I watched the episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. I'd never seen it. It was awesome. I really need to catch up on that show. I kind of fell behind after the first 15 or so episodes. Also watched the JLU episodes. They are still awesome. I skipped the Batman: TAS episode because it was the Jonah Hex episode, and I don't like him or the episode.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw it last month and it was pretty good, should have been a lot longer. Probably won't buy it until I see it for under 10 bucks eventually.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum