Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deadpool spin-off gets official, Ryan Reynolds will return

+13
Joshua
shining knight
Lee
BlueMaxx
blue halo
Justin
Thundermatts
rwe1138
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Debaser77
Airwolf
Silent K
breatheasy
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

breatheasy

breatheasy
Cadet
Cadet

Looks like Wolverine won’t be the only character getting some follow-up action after X-Men Origins’ successful first weekend – after plenty of rumours, fellow mutant Deadpool looks to be starring in his own film.

The character, brought to life in Wolverine by Ryan Reynolds, has for some time been rumoured as one of the prime candidates for a spin-off, according to MTV.

It’s also lucky that Fox has been aiming to get the wisecracking, sword-wielding mutant on screen for years now, so this sounds like it’ll gear up quickly.

Before we discuss anything else, be warned that spoilers follow for Wolverine…

Deadpool in the film, of course, was very different from the comics – his mouth is sewn shut and he’s mutilated almost beyond recognition as he tracks down and nearly kills Wolvie and Sabretooth.

It’s a certainty that the studio will find some way to get him back in shape – and has even gone so far as to make Deadpool, who seemingly dies in the final confrontation – come back to life in one of the post-credits sequences.

Let’s hope the Deadpool film is more consistently entertaining than the patchy Wolverine…

[Source: MTV]

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I'd say this is good news....but then again....Fox made Wolverine Origins.

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it might be funny if cable is in it but to explain who cable is... is the world ready for alternate timeline and time travelling characters?

i think this movie might do alright

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Unless Reynolds breaks the fourth-wall, I'm predicting Elektra - level numbers for the Deadpool movie.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

breatheasy wrote:Looks like Wolverine won’t be the only character getting some follow-up action after X-Men Origins’ successful first weekend – after plenty of rumours, fellow mutant Deadpool looks to be starring in his own film.

The character, brought to life in Wolverine by Ryan Reynolds, has for some time been rumoured as one of the prime candidates for a spin-off, according to MTV.

It’s also lucky that Fox has been aiming to get the wisecracking, sword-wielding mutant on screen for years now, so this sounds like it’ll gear up quickly.

Before we discuss anything else, be warned that spoilers follow for Wolverine…

Deadpool in the film, of course, was very different from the comics – his mouth is sewn shut and he’s mutilated almost beyond recognition as he tracks down and nearly kills Wolvie and Sabretooth.

It’s a certainty that the studio will find some way to get him back in shape – and has even gone so far as to make Deadpool, who seemingly dies in the final confrontation – come back to life in one of the post-credits sequences.

Let’s hope the Deadpool film is more consistently entertaining than the patchy Wolverine…

[Source: MTV]

They could always use his healing factor as a way to explain away any changes they need. Deadpool (the process that created him) wasn't complete when he was set loose anyways. Hopefully he looses alot of that stuff that made him as he was, though I can see this movie covering parts of his life before and after Weapon X

rwe1138

rwe1138

*is cautiously optimistic*

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cool I'm down. I liked the character in Wolverine.

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

I give this movie a preemptive 2 stars.

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Thundermatts wrote:Cool I'm down. I liked the character in Wolverine.
As did I, until that Weapon XI fiasco. The Merc with the Mouth with no Mouth... what a bad move that was. And they should lose the arm swords, too.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Unless Reynolds breaks the fourth-wall, I'm predicting Elektra - level numbers for the Deadpool movie.
I would guess Punisher War Zone's measly 10 million worldwide. Many do NOT know this character. And, if the movie audience only knows the character from Wolverine...ya.

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

However, Ryan Reynolds can draw a few people in his own right. I dunno.. I think it could do okay. Deadpool's a lot more popular than both Elektra and Punsiher combined.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

If the ads play it up as comedic action, I think it might do well. If they take this too seriously, it's fucked.

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I would LOVE this a superhero comedy action flick.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

oh boyyyyyyyy

they've got a lot to do to fix the fuck ups of origins

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

shining knight wrote:oh boyyyyyyyy

they've got a lot to do to fix the fuck ups of origins

Not really. Everything can be explained away with healing factor. I can imagine him ripping the swords out himself, and because of the way he looked at the end of Origins, they most DEFINITELY have to put a mask on him.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it's a little premature to start assuming what the movie will be like before a writer or director are announced, but I can't say I have much hope for this to be any good at all. There is no way Deadpool will ever be entirely like he is in the comics, because studios will think (and probably rightfully so) that outside of comic fans, no one will get it.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So they can explain everything away with the healing factor except having a fucked up face? Why wouldn't his face heal?

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Now's the time to try something different, IMHO. Iron Man was played perfectly note by note, with plenty of comedy thrown in there. I think with the failure of recent genre flicks like Punisher, Spirit, Street Fighter, and Dragon Ball, it would be in the studios' best interest to think outside the box with future flicks, namely, Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds has gone on record saying that he would like a Deadpool flick to break the fourth wall, and I'm holding out hope that he'll steer the thing in the right direction.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts wrote:So they can explain everything away with the healing factor except having a fucked up face? Why wouldn't his face heal?

True. Jump right into the cancer storyline, then?

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He has cancer? LOL I stay away from him in the comics. So what are his powers officially in this X movie universe? Like before he became weapon XI? Like heightened senses or something? He didn't heal earlier right? Like they took that from Wolverine? Maybe none of the stuff really sticks so he's scarred.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Deadpool's cancer was healed by Weapon X thanks to them implementing Wolvie's healing factor, but it disfigured his face, hence the mask.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Also, he loves Bea Arthur.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Now's the time to try something different, IMHO. Iron Man was played perfectly note by note, with plenty of comedy thrown in there. I think with the failure of recent genre flicks like Punisher, Spirit, Street Fighter, and Dragon Ball, it would be in the studios' best interest to think outside the box with future flicks, namely, Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds has gone on record saying that he would like a Deadpool flick to break the fourth wall, and I'm holding out hope that he'll steer the thing in the right direction.

Agreed. I could see him breaking fourth wall Ferris Beuler style, but it doesn't seem to work. Even in the movie, it will seem odd and out of place. the reason why it works in the comic is because of how he is, in many ways, mocking our world through his commentary. In the movie, it will sound just off. Maybe a joke or two but anything beyond that will seem pretty intolerable to some people.

Joshua wrote:Also, he loves Bea Arthur.
And the Olsen twins.

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="Dr. Wade Fucking McNastyAgreed. I could see him breaking fourth wall Ferris Beuler style, but it doesn't seem to work. Even in the movie, it will seem odd and out of place. the reason why it works in the comic is because of how he is, in many ways, mocking our world through his commentary. In the movie, it will sound just off. Maybe a joke or two but anything beyond that will seem pretty intolerable to some people.
[/quote]

One needs to be the old Lonney Tunes 'Is there a doctor in the house!!?' shtick.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

Joshua wrote:Also, he loves Bea Arthur.
Deadpool spin-off gets official, Ryan Reynolds will return Cdp20_10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum