Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deadpool spin-off gets official, Ryan Reynolds will return

+13
Joshua
shining knight
Lee
BlueMaxx
blue halo
Justin
Thundermatts
rwe1138
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Debaser77
Airwolf
Silent K
breatheasy
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Daniel Way is doing a decent enough job on Deadpool, but man I miss Cable & Deadpool.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Deadpool is the Ferris Bueller of the Marvel Universe, he HAS to break the fourth wall.

http://realityfugitives.com/

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:Deadpool is the Ferris Bueller of the Marvel Universe, he HAS to break the fourth wall.

Minus the funny and charm.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:
Esbat wrote:Deadpool is the Ferris Bueller of the Marvel Universe, he HAS to break the fourth wall.

Minus the funny and charm.
You take that back! Matthew Broderick is a beautiful man!

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Justin wrote:I give this movie a preemptive 2 stars.

Out of 4? Or ten?

Silent K wrote:Now's the time to try something different, IMHO. Iron Man was played perfectly note by note, with plenty of comedy thrown in there. I think with the failure of recent genre flicks like Punisher, Spirit, Street Fighter, and Dragon Ball, it would beOut of in the studios' best interest to think outside the box with future flicks, namely, Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds has gone on record saying that he would like a Deadpool flick to break the fourth wall, and I'm holding out hope that he'll steer the thing in the right direction.

The fourth wall idea REALLY works for me, but... I think it's funny that you say Iron Man was a note by note translation, but now they need to try something new, then discuss Deadpool breaking the fourth wall. A Deadpool movie where he breaks the fourth wall WOULD be a note by note translation. I still think it'd be brilliant, but do NOT attempt a franchise. That is a movie that should be done in one.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:

Out of 4? Or ten?

Silent K wrote:Now's the time to try something different, IMHO. Iron Man was played perfectly note by note, with plenty of comedy thrown in there. I think with the failure of recent genre flicks like Punisher, Spirit, Street Fighter, and Dragon Ball, it would beOut of in the studios' best interest to think outside the box with future flicks, namely, Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds has gone on record saying that he would like a Deadpool flick to break the fourth wall, and I'm holding out hope that he'll steer the thing in the right direction.

The fourth wall idea REALLY works for me, but... I think it's funny that you say Iron Man was a note by note translation, but now they need to try something new, then discuss Deadpool breaking the fourth wall. A Deadpool movie where he breaks the fourth wall WOULD be a note by note translation. I still think it'd be brilliant, but do NOT attempt a franchise. That is a movie that should be done in one.
Agreed, I could see him popping up in other Marvel movies though. Don't even need Ryan Reynolds to appear just jam Ray Park in a Deadpool costume and have Reynolds do the voice over ala Darth maul.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dude, Reynolds didn't voice Darth Maul, Peter Serafinowicz did.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Dude, Reynolds didn't voice Darth Maul, Peter Serafinowicz did.
*backhands you*

RAAAAARGH! I was sayin g how they dubbed over Park when he played Darth Maul.

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

Darth Maul had lines?

Did he yell "Ow you cut me in half! I'm so glad I don't have to be in the next two movieeeeeeees......"

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i hope they make deadpool like he is in the comic. funny and a lot of action

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justin wrote:Darth Maul had lines?

Did he yell "Ow you cut me in half! I'm so glad I don't have to be in the next two movieeeeeeees......"
Two lines.

Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the homing trace is correct, I will find them quickly, Master.

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

Joshua wrote:
Justin wrote:Darth Maul had lines?

Two lines.

Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the homing trace is correct, I will find them quickly, Master.

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.

Boom! One million dollars please!

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

Mnemosis wrote:

Out of 4? Or ten?

Out of 5... who does the 4 or ten scale?

Deadpool spin-off gets official, Ryan Reynolds will return - Page 2 Cable_10

rwe1138

rwe1138

Joshua wrote:Daniel Way is doing a decent enough job on Deadpool, but man I miss Cable & Deadpool.

Agreed.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Joshua wrote:Daniel Way is doing a decent enough job on Deadpool, but man I miss Cable & Deadpool.

Agreed.
i never read cable and deadpool but i love deadpool's solo right now

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Something similar to Deadpool's characterization in Wolverine vs. Hulk cartoon would work. He was funny, psychotic and didn't rely on the fourth wall as much. They would have to cut back on the antics since a more mainstream audience may not be as hip to his humour as comic book fans would be (mainly because we expect Deadpool to act a certain way while the average movie goer does not).

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:
i never read cable and deadpool but i love deadpool's solo right now
Cable & Deadpool was better. Deadpool is pretty good, I am still buying it after all, but I don't think anyone writes Deadpool better than Fabian Nicieza or Joe Kelly.

43Deadpool spin-off gets official, Ryan Reynolds will return - Page 2 Empty Deadpool powers and stuff... Fri May 08, 2009 9:59 pm

breatheasy

breatheasy
Cadet
Cadet

Deadpool has been artificially endowed with a superhuman regenerative healing factor by the Weapon X program that is at times shown to be superior to that of Wolverine's or Sabretooth's. As Deadpool had cancer at the time of the gene therapy, it has been suppressed by the "healing factor", which continually regenerates every cell in Deadpool's body, keeping the cancer at bay. However, an unanticipated side effect resulted in a rapid acceleration of the tumors as well, causing them to quickly spread across his entire body as soon as his powers fully activated. Though the healing factor keeps them from becoming what would otherwise be a horribly debilitating condition, this causes his body to be in a constant state of flux and regeneration. His powers' full manifestation also appeared to contribute to his insanity, he himself declared awareness of a growing detachment from reality moments after. Removal of his powers would cause him a cancer relapse, as he is aware. As a by-product of his healing factor, he possess enhanced strength, agility, and reflexes.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Mnemosis wrote:

My point being...the "serious" schtick has been done enough. Iron Man showed that our superhero flicks can be funny. The studios, for the most part, would rather them be cool and dark. Fuck that.

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

Agreed. Although, "The Spirit" took it to the point of scary movie... not cool.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Justin wrote:Agreed. Although, "The Spirit" took it to the point of scary movie... not cool.

I'll contest that no one "got" The Spirit as much as I did.

That wasn't such a "comedy", but moreso tongue-firmly-in-cheek.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't care that The Spirit was weird and goofy and had bad dialogue and awkward performances; that was all the stuff I liked about it. What I didn't like about it as that it was mind-numbingly boring and I never gave a shit about anything going on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum