Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated

+4
shark6495
kreepfan
Denim
superdoug
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:28 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Has anyone else taken the time to watch this on Cartoon Network on Monday nights? The show is set in the 'super haunted' town of Crystal Cove (not Coolsville, like in A Pup Named Scooby-Doo), where Fred's dad is the mayor and everything that happened in previous Scooby-Doo cartoons (with the exceptions of the episodes where Velma, Daphne, and Fred were young adults) is completely in-canon.

The characterizations are updated for a modern audience, and the dynamics of the group have been juggled around a bit. Fred and Daphne are no longer the obvious romantic couple; Fred is too involved in devising traps and catching phony ghosts to ever notice that Daphne is head over heels for him. Velma has solved the problem of being alone by setting her cap for a less than willing Shaggy, who struggles to keep the relationship secret so as not to make Scooby jealous. And, overshadowing it all, is the mysterious Mister E, who provides the gang with clues to a decades-old mystery that he wants them to solve.

Whew! That sounds like any teen drama, yes? Well, no. Yes, there are times when the dialogue becomes a bit predictable, but that adds to the charm somehow. We also get the pleasure of meeting the parents of Fred, Daphne, and Velma (the Roberts family, oddly, is absent), and introducing the concept of Daphne's much-more-successful sisters.

But, what I really like about the show is how it sort of encompasses ALL the Scooby series, and acknowledges the other 'Mystery/Teen' groups as existing in the same universe. I've seen people in the crowd scenes that look like Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm, members of the Chan Clan, Tink from Speed Buggy, one of the Teen Angels...every time I watch, I see something new! And the way they acknowledge the prior series: the latest episode tied directly into the very first Scooby-Doo cartoon 'Jeepers! It's the Creeper!' It also acknowledged the existence of Vincent Van Ghoul (from The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo), which was a nice little treat.

It's not for everyone, but if you're a fan of the older Scooby-Doo cartoons, you'll really get a kick out of this.

Anyone else watching? Was anyone aware of this?

2Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:33 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just so people don't think I'm imagining the cameos in this. This is from an episode where the main ghost was the 'Man-Crab':

Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated PebblesBammBamm

3Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:56 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did not know this existed, I am intrigued by the Velma/Shaggy thing. I always knew she was a wild girl, she is a closet smoker of the devils weed.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

4Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did just check out the website for the show, I am pleased that they went back to the original chaeracter designs, I belive that there was a Scooby cartoon on a couple of years ago that had them in a differnt design, and it was not pleasing to the eye.

5Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:03 pm

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I've been watching it. On the first episode I noticed Don Knotts in the crowd. I like that they have Matthew Lillard as Shaggy,and Casey Kasem being Shaggy's dad.

6Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:16 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Enhanced-buzz-32288-1278689991-6

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

7Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:44 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

if i had cable i'd watch it. I think its awesome that Matthew lillard is doing shaggy he did a great shaggy in the movies.

8Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:46 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:if i had cable i'd watch it. I think its awesome that Matthew lillard is doing shaggy he did a great shaggy in the movies.

You can watch episodes online here: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/scoobydoomysteryinc/

They're broken up into chapters and run bottom-to-top, but all the episodes that have aired with the exception of this week's are posted there. Smile

9Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:23 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, i'm watching and enjoying this show. Only cameos i've caught were Don Knotts and Pebbles & Bam Bam. I'm wondering where Mr. E is going with his plans, it's nice to have a long running plot through the series.

10Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:43 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Shocked I totally did not know this was around. I am a huge Scooby fan. I use to even have a few of the toon-movies.(lost those in a break up) I will have to check that out. So glad they are on line for people that only have like 13 channels on there TV! Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!

11Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes (1st one was already gone from OnDemmand) and I was doing a running commentary with a friend of mine online as I was watching them and I like it. The nods back to the classic episodes are awesome and the romance aspect of it all is kind of fun.

Fred trading ascots with another male in the 3rd episode almost killed me.

I like the play on words of Mr. E. and hope that he is revealed at the end of the season. Hopefully it will be a classic Hanna Barbara character and not Scrappy, I will call shenanigins.

12Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:43 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh GOD let there be no scrappy....!

13Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Empty Re: Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:59 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really dig this. It's not quite a reboot, and the character design is pretty cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum