Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER!

+6
Big Poppa Nick
jaydee74
supervenom
kidspider2099
DickGrayson007
prescribeddrone
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:38 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

2ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:56 am

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Wow! That's really good. Quitelys art style looks really good animated.

3ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:16 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it looks awesome.

4ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:39 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

why the hell does Lex have Superman's powers? makes no freakin sense. I'll pass.

5ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:why the hell does Lex have Superman's powers? makes no freakin sense. I'll pass.
I was going to ask that. I don't remember that from the All-Star Superman story.

6ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:14 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:why the hell does Lex have Superman's powers? makes no freakin sense. I'll pass.

Didn't he use a serum like the one Superman made for Lois that gave her powers for a day?

7ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Yes, in the story Luthor gains powers.

8ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've only read like two issues os All-Star Superman. I didn't hate them, and that is saying something since I hate Morrison.

This looks pretty good. The animation is okay. I hate Quietly's art, but the animated adaptation of is is decent.

9ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Tomer Soiker

Tomer Soiker
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order

DC/WB's direct adaptations of Morrison's creations only make the movies pale whiter than all of the Endless combined together. They were never able to translate well the over-the-top romantic triangle of Owlman/Superwoman/Ultraman or the real, twisted darkness of Earth-2; they won't be able to make it with the uber-crazy science of ASS, nor the incredible stories of Clark and Lex facing a prison riot or Superboy's most triumphant and tragic day; and they'll never ever succeed with the mind-blowing visuals of WE3.

http://spidey82.wordpress.com

10ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read a few issues of the comic and didn't like it. This doesn't look much better. Story looks weak and I'm not that impressed with the animation.

Pass.

11ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:34 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

ASS was easily the most interesting I have ever found a Superman story. Yes, Lex gets powers as part of the plot. I honestly don't understand how someone who had not read the book could complain that a plot point doesn't make sense in the trailer.

I agree that Morrison's writing has little chance of translating properly. The White Martian storyline got watered down, as did the Earth 2 story. I imagine Quitum won't show up, the Jimmy story will be missing, Lex's insane niece won't be there, and my favorite page of comics, with the suicidal girl, won't be included in the movie.

I think this will be better than the average DC animated movie, but it won't reach the heights of the source material. I think the art style works miles better than the Turner style in the last one.

12ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:39 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I appreciate DC putting out these animated features but what happened to the Judas Contract, I thought that was one of the storylines they were going to adapt early on?

13ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:I appreciate DC putting out these animated features but what happened to the Judas Contract, I thought that was one of the storylines they were going to adapt early on?
I was really hoping for that. This year would have been a great year to do it as well.

14ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Empty Re: ALL STAR SUPERMAN ANIMATED TRAILER! Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
DickGrayson007 wrote:I appreciate DC putting out these animated features but what happened to the Judas Contract, I thought that was one of the storylines they were going to adapt early on?
I was really hoping for that. This year would have been a great year to do it as well.

Back in April, Bruce Timm said there were no current plans for New Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. Sad

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/04/27/green-lantern-wonder-woman-animated-sequels-bruce-timm/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum