Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

DC Animated Projects

+8
jaydee74
Metal Misfit
BlueMaxx
shining knight
Combo Mo
Silent K
alucardbarnivous
superdoug
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1DC Animated Projects Empty DC Animated Projects Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:32 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We so need this thread here. A place to talk about your favorite DC animated movies that have been/are going to be released.

I think we can all agree that the Wonder Woman movie is the most recent, and overall a victory of an origin story. Or at least most of us can.

I'm really looking forward to Green Lantern: First Flight, but it was the mention of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies that caught my attention. Here's a chance for DC to show us the Superman and Batman families working together -- let's hope they take it. Since they do these for the fans, here's the changes that I would accept:

Cir-El -- Go ahead and replace her with Kara. People will recognize -that- Supergirl.

Huh. Wow. That's the only change I would make. Although, I would maybe bring in Ace the Bathound to act as counterpart to Krypto. (Think about the way it boils down on these 'family teams': Superman/Batman, Superboy/Robin, Nightwing/Power Girl, Batgirl/Supergirl, Ace/Krypto...it would only make sense to fill out the family on Batman's side to make it equal. A Catwoman does not equal a Superdog. Laughing )

What are you looking forward to? What would you like to see? What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Discuss!

2DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:24 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched Wonder Woman last night and it was really, really good. Truly surprised me and I'm happy for that.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

3DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:28 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As for an original idea, how about a DVD of short animated films?

Think of it: Plastic Man, Metamorpho, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Captain Marvel, etc. It could be a three-hour/three and a half hour DVD with 15 minute, 20 minute, and 30 minute shorts starring really awesome episodes with one hero each.

4DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:30 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

alucardbarnivous wrote:As for an original idea, how about a DVD of short animated films?

Think of it: Plastic Man, Metamorpho, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Captain Marvel, etc. It could be a three-hour/three and a half hour DVD with 15 minute, 20 minute, and 30 minute shorts starring really awesome episodes with one hero each.

That's pretty brilliant. Kinda like "The Animatrix" or "Gotham Knight".

But not sucky like "Gotham Knight".

5DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:16 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing I thought Gotham Knight was okay. Laughing

6DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:35 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, Batman and Superman have enough exposure, we've done Wonder Woman now, Green Lantern is next, so that leaves the Flash in my mind as next in line.

I imagine we'd do an origin story, have Barry get the powers, then do a bit where he's fighting the Rogues individually perhaps as a montage (Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, Trickster, and Heatwave) while his relationship with Iris picks up. The real story gets started when the mysterious Zoom appears (the original Reverse Flash, not Hunter) and creates trouble for the hero and the story between the two will drive the story as we see in the background the Rogues come together. Barry battles the Rogues only for Zoom to show up and help and then they get into their final battle across time (maybe give winks and nudges to DC's history along the way, like Anthro, Jonah Hex, Silent Knight, and Kamandi before ending up in Zoom's time). Flash wins the day to come home and find an invasion of gorillas led by Grodd on the city and that'd be the film's ending.

Next I'd imagine Aquaman:

Origin story, Arthur discovers Atlantis and learns he's the heir to its throne only to have his brother Orm stand in his way alongside mage Gamemnae at his side. While this is going on, Kordax raises an army to reclaim Atlantis (released from imprisonment by Arthur's arrival). You could have a wink and nudge by having Kordax's generals being Charybdis, Dagon, Tiamat, and Devilfish. Action and intrigue ensue as Aquaman stands with the Atlantis army against Kordax as Orm tries to sabotage him and throughout the story we learn Gamemnae is working alongside Kordax (both exiles due to blonde hair) and she tries to bring Arthur to her side. The story ends with Kordax defeated, Gamemnae cast through time, Orm exiled, and the arrival of Mera. To follow the theme of setting up a sequel, you could have Aquaman stop a robbery on the water's surface by Black Manta.

After that, sky's the limit. Hawkman story where he follows Byth to Earth and Thanagarian artifacts help make villains like Shadow-Thief, Matter Master, Lionmane, and Fadeaway Man. You could have the greater story involve an invasion of Manhawks on Earth and you can end the story with Gentleman Ghost. Captain Marvel adaptation of Monster Society of Evil while tossing in Black Adam. Green Arrow origin where he returns to face off against Brick and his hired gun Drakon, you could end with Count Vertigo (maybe Black Canary). An Atom story focusing on the Ryan Choi version as he deals with science going amuck in Ivy Town giving rise to Floronic Man, Chronos, and Dwarfstar and have the ending set-up Sword of the Atom. Firestorm featuring the Jason Rusch version as he does battle with Breathtaker's Assassination Bureau under the 2000 Committee and his gang of villains like Tokamak, Slipknot, Hyena, Multiplex, Mindboggler, and Plastique; you could end with Killer Frost. Robinson's Starman. Dr. Fate origin with Wotan. Black Lightning origin with Tobias Whale and Syonide. I'd like a JSA trilogy, the first of the team forming against the Axis battling Baron Blitzkrieg, Dragon King, and their forces; the second against the Injustice Society; the final dealing with HUAC and Per Degaton with a set-up for a modern JSA series.

Then, you have all the non-hero stuff as well. Stuff like Jonah Hex, Warlord, Amethyst, Sgt. Rock, Kamandi, Rip Hunter, and Adam Strange.

Of course, you got all the multiverse stuff like Kingdom Come, Batman: Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Red Rain, Superman: Red Son, JLA: The Nail, and JSA: The Golden Age. Those would be good.

There are also classic stories like Teen Titans: Judas Contract (announced a while back but apparently in limbo until it disappears), LOSH: The Great Darkness Saga, Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, Batman: The Killing Joke, Identity Crisis, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, etc.

7DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:As for an original idea, how about a DVD of short animated films?

That would be awesome.

VERY awesome.

8DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:16 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thanks!

9DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:37 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well releasing them here would be nice

10DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:22 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="Silent K"]

That's pretty brilliant. Kinda like "The Animatrix" or "Gotham Knight".

But not sucky like "Gotham Knight".[/quote]
Agreed!

11DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:24 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:Watched Wonder Woman last night and it was really, really good. Truly surprised me and I'm happy for that.
Me too. I figured I'd be entertained, but not love it like I did.

12DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:27 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

alucardbarnivous wrote:Well, Batman and Superman have enough exposure, we've done Wonder Woman now, Green Lantern is next, so that leaves the Flash in my mind as next in line.

There are also classic stories like Teen Titans: Judas Contract (announced a while back but apparently in limbo until it disappears), LOSH: The Great Darkness Saga, Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, Batman: The Killing Joke, Identity Crisis, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, etc.

Laughing S/B: PE will be next in line after the GL animated movie.

Haven't seen WW yet, but it's on my Netflix list.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

13DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:29 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd like to see a Suicide Squad. Or a Crisis. That'd be fun.

14DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:18 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope they do more original stories like Wonder Woman. I thought it was fantastic. I love that the next movie they are doing is Green Lantern and that it will be an original story. Very awesome. Other animated movies I want to see:

The Flash
Teen Titans (the original or a mix of new and old)
Green Arrow
Plastic Man
Hawkman & Hawkgirl
Justice League of America
Justice Society of America
Justice League International (BWAH HA HA era)

15DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:54 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I hope they do more original stories like Wonder Woman. I thought it was fantastic. I love that the next movie they are doing is Green Lantern and that it will be an original story. Very awesome. Other animated movies I want to see:

The Flash
Teen Titans (the original or a mix of new and old)
Green Arrow
Plastic Man
Hawkman & Hawkgirl
Justice League of America
Justice Society of America
Justice League International (BWAH HA HA era)
Huge Flash fan. A JSA Golden Age would be frickin' sweet. 8)

16DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:00 am

J Nova

J Nova
Cadet
Cadet

Green Arrow (his characterization in JLU was spot on)
Plastic Man - he has such wide appeal, tey could go either ways with it.

17DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:04 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't wait to see Crisis on Two Earths.

18DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:14 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh, yes! Forgot about that. Haven't even seen Public Enemies yet, though.

19DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:27 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Oh, yes! Forgot about that. Haven't even seen Public Enemies yet, though.

I didn't like it. They took an admittedly rather poor plot that was awesome out of its blockbuster feel and tried to piece together a story at a cost of the blockbuster. Truly disappointing.

20DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:30 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Crying or Very sad ...still wanna see it.

21DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

22DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I finally saw the Green Lantern: First Flight movie on Cartoon Network saturday and i found it kinda average, not much drew me too it. Also the designs of some characters didn't really impress me much and not much was shown of Hal in his Earth identity and Atrocitus should've been the killer but maybe when they were making this Atrocitus wasn't created yet or something.

23DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm looking forward to this Crisis of Two Earths:

24DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:12 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I'm still thinking it might be kind of boring. Like, "Here's our opposites, let's get'em, League!"

25DC Animated Projects Empty Re: DC Animated Projects Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've got a good feeling about this movie. I think it will be good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum