Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you seen this FanGirl? Help a brutha out!

+10
Justin
FroZen
Mnemosis
Lee
shining knight
Topcat
krpykrwly
Esbat
Administrator
Silent K
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

So, here's the long and the short of it:

During our time at FX this year, interviewing anyone that would have us, on Day 1, we happened upon two young ladies named Liana (sic?) and Tara. They were both super-cool, gave us some great video, and I might be kidding myself, but I thought Liana and I had a bit of a connection. We end the interview, and I could've SWORN I asked them if they would be at the con all weekend, and I'm almost positive they confirmed this. After the con that day, I made a pact with myself to meet back up with Liana and get her phone number...email address...SOMETHING. But alas, we didn't see any signs of her or her friend the rest of the weekend.

This is where I hope the PoP!ers can help out. I'm currently on a John-Hughesian quest to locate Liana. This is what I know: Her name is Liana, but I'm not sure how it's spelled...it is pronounced Lee-Ann-uh. She has long black hair, which she had in pigtails the day we met. She's about 5' 10". She wears dark rimmed glasses, and has a tongue piercing. She's into Harley Quinn, and has a Harley tattoo on her left forearm. She has a spiderweb tattoo on her right elbow. She's into Doctor Who. And lastly...she's from Florida. No...not Orlando, not Daytona...Florida.

I've been stalking Myspace and Facebook since FX, and have come up empty every time. I had hoped that she'd check out PanelsOnPages.com and find ME, but that sh-- didn't happen, either. In a last ditch effort, on our most recent PoP!-Cast (http://panelsonpages.com/?p=5143), I put out an APB to the entire listening audience for information on the whereabouts of this lovely young lady.

I realize this whole meal-deal is straddling the line between Lloyd Dobler holding a boombox over his head, and Annie Wilkes wielding a sledgehammer. But, I'm taking that chance anyhow. I'm not saying I'm in love with this girl, I'm not saying I want to have her babies, and I'm not saying I want to wear her skin as a shower-cap, I'd just like to see if I was kidding myself about that 'connection'.

That being said, PoP!pers, if you would, put out the word. Someone has to be able to locate this girl through the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon theory. If anyone has any leads or information, please post it here or email me at jknize@panelsonpages.com, or deadmanwokin@aol.com. I'm tempted to offer 'prizes' for info, but that gets a little morally ambiguous, and seems like a bounty. However, if one of you gets me Liana encased in Carbonite, I will hook you up tremendously.

-Knize

Last edited by Silent K on Mon May 18, 2009 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I don't want to bum you down, but I will anyway:

There's an old man here in Israel whose story was revealed couple of years ago on TV and newspapers. In the late 60's he took a ride in a cab from one city to another. A young woman wanted to share the cab and he accepted. She was supposed to get off on the way (in Hadera, where I live). The man believed they had a good connection and talked all the way to her destination. She then got off the cab and their ways separated. Later he realized that it could develop to something, but he never got her name (or just her first name, don't remember all the details) and knew nothing about her. And thus, he spent the next 30 years looking for this woman and only had a sketch of her he made and his story. AFAIK, he's in his late 60's and still looking for this woman, never really did anything with his life other than that.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a response to my posting over at the WPE boards:

"Wow... maybe this only strikes me as uber creepy because I am a girl, but WTF DUDE??? This is almost your classic definition of Cyber Stalking. If, and or when you find her how are you going to explain how you got her info? If it were me I would be far from flattered or think that it was so romantic that you hunted me down because of some kind of "connection". I would be scared shitless. The appropriate time to have asked her for that kind of PERSONAL info would have been when you were right there with her. Anything else is an invasion of her privacy and is just plain WRONG!!!"

Brutal!

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Here's a response to my posting over at the WPE boards:

"Wow... maybe this only strikes me as uber creepy because I am a girl, but WTF DUDE??? This is almost your classic definition of Cyber Stalking. If, and or when you find her how are you going to explain how you got her info? If it were me I would be far from flattered or think that it was so romantic that you hunted me down because of some kind of "connection". I would be scared shitless. The appropriate time to have asked her for that kind of PERSONAL info would have been when you were right there with her. Anything else is an invasion of her privacy and is just plain WRONG!!!"

Brutal!

Dude you've done everything but hire Lorenzo Lamas to track her down via Motorcycle with you in the sidecar Laughing

http://realityfugitives.com/

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brutal!

Jealous. shake my head

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:Dude you've done everything but hire Lorenzo Lamas to track her down via Motorcycle with you in the sidecar Laughing

lol! lol!

http://www.tamarasanime.com

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Esbat wrote:
Dude you've done everything but hire Lorenzo Lamas to track her down via Motorcycle with you in the sidecar Laughing

Have I, though? I don't think I have.

I lament your lack of support, Esbat. lame

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hes like the terminator he will never give up he'll probably still try to track her down even with a restraining order on him

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Brutal!
Wow. That's a little uncalled for, methinks. That's friggin' harsh. I actually think it's endearing, sir. You're merely using the tools at your disposal to see if you can spark a connection. I honestly don't think it's creepy at all.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I'm somewhere between agreeing with the crazy chick and agreeing with Lee.

I see the potential for this to be a fantastically romantic gesture, but I too see the potential for her to be freaked out by the idea of an army of net dwellers trying to seek her out on behalf of their "leader."

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

all hail the leader

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've actually been trying to help out on this one. Never having been to a comicon, I don't have a lot of startup info... but, I have been checking all the "lookit-my-ink" kinds of websites for that Harley Quinn pose.

No luck yet, Leader... But, I'm still pokin' around to help make a little boy's dream come true! Wink

http://www.tamarasanime.com

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been searching too. God there are a sea of Leeana's out there. I'm afraid now...that i won't be able to give up the search. Thanks SK...I'm a web stalker by association now.

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

What if I told you I found her... but haven't told you because you two are related?

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Justin wrote:What if I told you I found her... but haven't told you because you two are related?

What a TWEEEST!

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justin wrote:What if I told you I found her... but haven't told you because you two are related?

You guys live in Florida . . .

Widely accepted down there.

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Silent K wrote:

What a TWEEEST!

Pssshhh... been there, done that.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Esbat wrote:

Have I, though? I don't think I have.

I lament your lack of support, Esbat. lame

In the words of Ferecito, "I'm just Keeding!"

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I have called for the thread on this subject to be deleted via the WUMB (done and done) and the WPE boards due to disrespect to the subject in question. Please show some respect, and don't make me have to delete the thread here.

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I fully support you in your quest.

Looking to see if a person 'exists' on the internet is in no way creepy or stalkerish, it's just checking to see if there's a public way to get a hold of someone. :huh

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

krpykrwly wrote:I fully support you in your quest.

Looking to see if a person 'exists' on the internet is in no way creepy or stalkerish, it's just checking to see if there's a public way to get a hold of someone. :huh

People can call me creepy and stalkerish all day long, I know I'm not, but, I asked for it. It's when this innocent girl who didn't ask for any of this starts getting insulted, it's time to pack it in.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:

People can call me creepy and stalkerish all day long, I know I'm not, but, I asked for it. It's when this innocent girl who didn't ask for any of this starts getting insulted, it's time to pack it in.

I didn't insult nobody!!! I merely mentioned this hunk of a man and you:

Have you seen this FanGirl?  Help a brutha out! Lamas

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:

The thread was deleted so I wasn't able to see the offending posts. . .

Hopefully, you're not taking it to heart.

The internet's full of self loathing, socially inept misfits who just want to spew venom all over the place to feel better about themselves.

Why do I think I'm around?? Very Happy

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And I'm still searching...This is quite mind numbing... If I start screaming LeeAnna in my sleep...my wife's gonna get pissed Sad

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What the hell did Mikey do?!?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum