Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

List of Marvel Promoted Titles for Possible ABC Shows

+3
krpykrwly
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/10/17/what-other-shows-on-marvels-list-deserve-to-be-made/

• Heroes for Hire (Centering around Luke Cage, sans Iron Fist)
• The Eternals (Focusing on the Kirby backstory of superpowered beings living amongst us in secret inspiring historical myths, rather than any more recent revival)
• Agents of Atlas (The Jeff Parker revival version)
• Alter Ego (A retitled version of Brian Michael Bendis’ Alias)
• Moon Knight (No idea which version of Marvel’s Batman rip-off)
• The Hood (Focused more on the Brian K. Vaughan original series than the character’s latter development in the Avengers books)
• Ka-Zar (Taking the character out of the Savage Land, for budgetary reasons as well as that ever-popular fish-out-of-water dynamic)
• Daughters of the Dragon (The classic Misty Knight/Colleen Wing combo)
• The Punisher (Come on, it’s the Punisher)

- Graeme McMillan

I'm wishing for "Alter Ego." Heroes for Hire would be the most open to all the others, though.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some great ideas for shows. I also think that a "Cloak and Dagger" series could do well.

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

• Daughters of the Dragon (The classic Misty Knight/Colleen Wing combo)

I'm so on-board with these.
I'd love for the Cage series to be during the 70's.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Some great ideas for shows. I also think that a "Cloak and Dagger" series could do well.

It's already in development. http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/10/15/hulk-tv-series-abc-cloak-and-dagger-abc-family/

Also, from that article:

Beyond "Hulk" and "Cloak and Dagger," Marvel is reportedly considering the following properties for television adaptations: "Heroes for Hire," "The Eternals," "Agents of Atlas," "Moon Knight," "Ka-Zar," "Daughters of the Dragon" and "The Punisher."

Last edited by superdoug on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

List of Marvel Promoted Titles for Possible ABC Shows Tumblr_l53z87BDga1qz99y7o1_500

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Should have read that link more carefully in the first post. Ah, well. It's early. tongue Laughing

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:Should have read that link more carefully in the first post. Ah, well. It's early. tongue Laughing
I'm only on my second cup of coffee. Whatever. Laughing

Seriously though, this is pretty fucking awesome. I love that these ideas are even being considered. Well, I don't give a shit about the Punisher but you can't have everything. Wink

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I actually didn't see the Cloak & Dagger thing mentioned. No biggie, and yet so cool to see for the first time. Smile

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Alter Ego might be good, but they'd have to really tone it down for network TV. It's a shame they can't use Alias.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd love a Heroes for Hire series, but it has to have Iron Fist. I'm not to thrilled about the possibility of one without IF. Also, a Moon Knight series would be the shit.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

• Moon Knight (No idea which version of Marvel’s Batman rip-off)
• The Hood (Focused more on the Brian K. Vaughan original series than the character’s latter development in the Avengers books)

I would be all for these^^^ shows. I really don't think that a Punisher series would work on network TV.

Debaser77

Debaser77

If FX had the rights to make a Punisher show, that'd be pretty badass.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That could work. I know everyone's gotten used to Ennis/Marvel MAX Punisher, but for the longest time, and still for the most issues of his series, he was "PG-13/TV-14".

Debaser77

Debaser77

FX shows are like HBO without F-bombs. That's the only real difference. A Punisher show on FX wouldn't have to skimp on the violence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum