Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

TV Shows everyone seems to like but you hate

+20
BlueMaxx
Combo Mo
melvinlikechris
potatojoe
Matt
Frank M. Reding
jaydee74
Rath99
kidspider2099
Astro13Zombie
Spaced4SimonPegg
Joshua
Administrator
Batman25JM
Silent K
Debaser77
(._Y_.)
Janson
comicgeekelly
Denim
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Inspired by the movie one and created because tv shows are starting to show up there:

Let the battles begin

The Big Bang Theory- Does nothing but make a mockery of my hobbies, this is racisim at it's best. I hate this show with a passion. Every character deserves to get thier ass kicked on this show.

Tim & eric: Awesome Show-I just can't get into it

Anything with CSI, CIS, Law & Order as part of it's title. I just find them all rather dull.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Glee- I just don't get it.

CSI Miami- This may be one of the biggest hunk of shit shows that I have ever watched. The acting adn writing are horrible.

Futurama- I don't find this show funny at all. It's hugly overrated in my opinion.

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Chuck.

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Big Bang Theory.

I don't watch a tonne of TV though. I thought Desperate Housewives was stupid. I tried watching the Sopranos and thought it was boring. I'm sure there are others.

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Never really got into Entourage, but then again I only watched the first couple of episodes.

And I know it's not well-loved by everyone on the boards, but I never found Smallville that interesting.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Didn't we already have two threads like these, or was that WUMB?

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Didn't we already have two threads like these, or was that WUMB?

I couldn't remember as well, but I could not find (I was to lazy to use the search) any on here.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't hate it, but I'm not really a fan of Seinfeld. I just don't find it that funny. Also, for the life of me, I just can't get into True Blood.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:Inspired by the movie one and created because tv shows are starting to show up there:

Let the battles begin

The Big Bang Theory- Does nothing but make a mockery of my hobbies, this is racisim at it's best. I hate this show with a passion. Every character deserves to get thier ass kicked on this show.

While I get that it's not for everyone, I just don't think it makes a mockery of "geeky" things. Sure, it could be said that the four geek characters are stereotypical, but there are people out there like that.

What exactly about the show is racist?

Last edited by Batman25JM on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Two and a Half Men
Supernatural

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Denim wrote:Inspired by the movie one and created because tv shows are starting to show up there:

Let the battles begin

While I get that it's not for everyone, I just don't think it makes a mockery of "geeky" things. Sure, it could be said that the four geek characters are stereotypical, but there are people out there like that.

What exactly about the show is racist?

The show is racist against people with intrests in comics, tv, movies, etc...etc..

While there are aspects of the characters in real people out there, none of them are to the level of exagerration that is placed on them in this show.

And how the fuck can oyu not get into True Blood?

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Big Bang Theory-An unlikable cast making unfunny jokes. I don't care if it's making fun of geeks, what I find offensive is the complete lack of wit. A good show can revolve around any topic and be entertaining, so long as it's clever. The only reason so many self-proclaimed nerds seem to love it is because the show caters to them and their hobbies. If the same level of humor were applied to say, a group of spoiled high school girls, nerds probably wouldn't cling to it the way they do.

How I Met Your Mother-While it's not anywhere close to the levels of terrible that BBT is, it is mediocrity personified. A fantastic cast who is given material far beneath their level. A bland and forgettable show.

Criminal Minds, NCIS, Law and Order (which, at one point, was a good show), CSI, Numbers, all of those same science and law shows-It's all the same show. They're predictable, formulaic, and downright dull.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force-I've yet to meet another person in the show's demographic who agrees with me, so I have no problem admitting there may be something wrong with me, but I have never understood the appeal of the show. Frylock and Carl are occasionally funny, but it's never enough to keep my attention sustained for a paltry 15 minutes.

True Blood-I'll admit that the first season was just interesting enough to keep me watching, despite how cheesy and pointless it all felt. The second season, however, completely lost me. I'll admit that the Jason Stackhouse character is one of the best characters on t.v. right now and I love Anna Paquin's tits, but this show just drags on and on for me. There's no purpose for anything that happens, it's just a series of cliffhangers. And most of the cast is pretty unsympathetic.

Angel-Okay, the second season was really good and the episode 'Smile Time' is one of the best hours I've ever spent watching television. Other than that though, I didn't understand how so many people enjoyed Angel, some even declaring it better than Buffy. I found it to be overly-melodramatic, outright stupid sometimes, and in the end boring.

Smallville-The first season was kind of cute, but then the show just tried to make too many references to the DCU. It tried to be too many things at once and because of that, failed at all of them.

Attack of the Show-Maybe I'm just bitter than an inferior channel like G4 took over a quality channel like TechTV/ZDTV, but I never saw the appeal of AotS.

Entourage-I'll admit I didn't watch much of it, but I watched enough to know that it's not for me. It's essentially Sex and the City for guys. It's about a bunch of guys who I probably wouldn't like in real life trying to be cool. Meh.

Two and a Half Men-How is this show popular? IT'S TERRIBLE.

Denim wrote:
While there are aspects of the characters in real people out there, none of them are to the level of exagerration that is placed on them in this show.
Please don't misconstrue this as me defending the show, but I think the charicatures aren't that bad. The characters are all intelligent and successful, something a lot of nerds aren't. I hate BBT, and it's one-sided, but it's not terribly unflattering to nerds. I mean, no more than nerds are to themselves.

The show is racist against people with intrests in comics, tv, movies, etc...etc..
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Debaser77

Debaser77

Joshua wrote:
How I Met Your Mother-While it's not anywhere close to the levels of terrible that BBT is, it is mediocrity personified. A fantastic cast who is given material far beneath their level. A bland and forgettable show.

To be fair, past seasons have been a lot better than the last one. The show's total fluff, but I enjoy it.

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote: I just can't get into True Blood.

Tomer Soiker wrote:Supernatural

huh shake my head

Glee
Sex in the City
CSI: All 3.2 million versions of it
Seinfield
King of Queens
Cheers

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
To be fair, past seasons have been a lot better than the last one. The show's total fluff, but I enjoy it.
The most recent one is the only one I haven't seen.

Debaser77

Debaser77

^ It definitely won't change your opinion of the show, then.

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:

Denim wrote:
Please don't misconstrue this as me defending the show, but I think the charicatures aren't that bad. The characters are all intelligent and successful, something a lot of nerds aren't. I hate BBT, and it's one-sided, but it's not terribly unflattering to nerds. I mean, no more than nerds are to themselves.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I'm just being sarcastic when I use it. I try too hard to be funny and it fails me, my gosh, I am a character on the Big Bang theory tongue

Regarding True Blood, I have only seen the first season and I loved it, second season on it's way after I finish Dexter season 3.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force-I watch it occasionally, I giggle at it less. If I am awake and there is absolutley nothing else on, I will watch it.

Smallville, I thought the first few seasons were really bad, the whole, freak of the week thing got old on me. I would like to actully rewatch the series again from the begining up until now, I stopped watching it about 3 seasons ago, but some of the things they have done that I have heard about, have got me curious.

M.A.S.H-Just found it boring

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think M*A*S*H* is a generational thing because I never got it, despite growing up with the re-runs. My dad loved it, but I just didn't understand it.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Aqua Teen Hunger Force-I've yet to meet another person in the show's demographic who agrees with me, so I have no problem admitting there may be something wrong with me, but I have never understood the appeal of the show. Frylock and Carl are occasionally funny, but it's never enough to keep my attention sustained for a paltry 15 minutes.

Agreed. People freak the fuck out about this show, but I just don't see why.

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Big Bang Theory. Laughing

Debaser77

Debaser77

The original 1970 movie is light years better than the M*A*S*H TV show.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*sigh* I really shouldn't come into this thread. Joshua listed 2 of my favorite shows currently on TV as ones he hates (How I Met Your Mother and NCIS). I also enjoy Smallville and Big Bang Theory. I will admit that Two and a Half Men isn't the best, but I like it. I also LOVE Angel. Then Tomer disses Supernatural (one of the greatest shows ever) and 24. I'm sad.

I will say this about How I Met Your Mother: I used to agree with Joshua about a great cast without the best material, but I've found that the more I watch the same episodes over and over the more I like them. It's now to the point where HIMYM is one of my favorite shows ever. I don't understand how just repeatedly watching the seasons over and over did it, but it did.

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
some even declaring it better than Buffy.

Angel is better than Buffy.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Agreed.

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If it don't have a puppet, Josh will have none of it. (which is also a territory in Canada: Nunavut The more you know ).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum