Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ghost Shows

+7
FroZen
Ska
Ben Akers
potatojoe
BlueMaxx
Metal Misfit
alucardbarnivous
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ghost Shows Empty Ghost Shows Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:01 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just curious about all the ghost programs on TV nowadays: Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Paranormal State, Ghost Lab, Extreme Paranormal, etc. I was just wondering if you watch them and what you think the appeal may be.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

2Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:49 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

As far as I'm concerned, there is no appeal. Laughing Very boring shows and it all seems very redundant. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. SyFy has gone overboard with it: GH, GH International and GH Academy. Are the ratings really THAT good?

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

3Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:23 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Ghost Hunters. Admittedly, I don't watch as much anymore. Like MM said, redundant. "What was that?" "What the frig was that?" "I don't know, dude, but I heard it too. That was weird." Laughing Not saying I don't stop on them if nothing else is on.

But ya, Ghost Lab is a complete copy, while the others aren't very technical. It's as silly as filming people going into a creepy house, they shut off the lights, and say that the house is haunted...then every creak scares the BaJesus out of everyone. The End.

4Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:52 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm surprised Ghost Hunters found an audience. When I was in Vegas two summers ago, Amanda and I were part of a survey for the show and everyone in the group HATED it. I wanted to walk out after 5 minutes, but I woulda sacrificed my tickets to a booby show, so I stayed. Sleep

5Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:12 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I have friends that have become so obsessed with Ghost Hunters that they scoured the city to try and find all of DVD sets. One of them literally said "I don't understand why more place don't carry the DVDs." I got a chuckle out of that.

I don't see the appeal at all. But now they're making plans to actually go hunting for ghosts, which is probably a bigger waste of time than spending a Wednesday night watching the show.

6Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:15 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Ghost hunting sounds like fun. Nothing technical. Like sneaking into a haunted house.

potatojoe wrote: I wanted to walk out after 5 minutes, but I woulda sacrificed my tickets to a booby show, so I stayed. Sleep
Were...were the boobies good?

7Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:16 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:As far as I'm concerned, there is no appeal. Laughing Very boring shows and it all seems very redundant. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. SyFy has gone overboard with it: GH, GH International and GH Academy. Are the ratings really THAT good?

Apparently. As I understand it, it is one of Syfy's best shows if not the best.

8Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Ghost Hunters, but I hate the International one. I don't like the people that are in it, and I don't think they do a very good job of investigating. It's disappointing to see these half-wits getting to snoop around some of the most amazing places. They just seem so undeserving of the honor of going...

I think the appeal is just getting a scientific approach to what goes bump in the night (besides me, giggity-giggity). Ghost Hunters doesn't have psychics come in, they go after investigations looking to either debunk claims, or show the proof if there is any. I also like that they not only go and investigate, they actually send people out to do research on the property/building/etc. To find out what could be the cause of something.

I like Ghost Hunters for that reason. I've never seen shit in plain sight, but it's neat to go back and find something in the evidence. I joined the "Illiana Paranormal Society" and I've gone on a handful of investigations with them, but I didn't like how the group was run. There was a batty old woman that would call ANYTHING evidence, and another crazy old lady that fell on her ass at Bachelor's Grove Cemetery. She had no business being out there, she talked about her 1 million health problems on the way up there. -_-

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

9Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:29 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^Ghost hunting sounds like fun. Nothing technical. Like sneaking into a haunted house.

potatojoe wrote: I wanted to walk out after 5 minutes, but I woulda sacrificed my tickets to a booby show, so I stayed. Sleep
Were...were the boobies good?

Yes they were.

10Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:37 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched Ghost Hunters when it first started and thought it sucked real bad. But now I've went back to watching it (esp. this new season) and it's alot better now. It can get redundant like you guys said, but the quality of the production is damn good compared to what it was. It's fun to watch and I never take it too seriously..ya know...try to keep an open mind or what not.

Did a bit of ghost hunting in my younger years (if you count drinking beers and sneaking into abandoned houses with a bunch of friends with flashlights...or running around a cemetary taking pictures...ah....the good ol days)

But all in all...for reals laughs (just cause the host Josh Gates is friggin hilarious) I watch Destination Truth.

11Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:14 pm

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

Destination truth is fucking hillarious. Extreme Paranormal and Paranormal State are not that entertaining. Extreme Paranormal is basically a bunch of White Trash guys going out doing some cheap as investigations with some hokey methods. Paranormal State relies on their psychic too much and gets very little concrete evidence. I tend to gravitate more towards GH because it is more scientific. But I do like Ghost Adventures because the guys in it are pretty fucking funny.

12Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:51 am

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Ghost Hunters is all right...GHI...meh...Destination Truth...The truth is...they never find anything. Ghost Lab I hate...I mean they good ideas but barely share their evidence...and never try to disprove or debunk anything.

13Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:43 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm looking forward to checking out Ghost Hunters Academy just due to the fact that these noobs are most likely gonna get the shit scared outta them. And face it, Who doesn't like watching people get scared.

14Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:39 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:I'm looking forward to checking out Ghost Hunters Academy just due to the fact that these noobs are most likely gonna get the shit scared outta them. And face it, Who doesn't like watching people get scared.

It's why I like to walk around with a chainsaw.

15Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:51 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:
FroZen wrote:I'm looking forward to checking out Ghost Hunters Academy just due to the fact that these noobs are most likely gonna get the shit scared outta them. And face it, Who doesn't like watching people get scared.

It's why I like to walk around with a chainsaw.

lol!

16Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:54 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The sound of cranking on a chainsaw is right up there with cocking a gun in terms of instant recognition.

17Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

I wasn't even aware that that there are so many ghost shows, and that they do well in the ratings. That makes a piece of me die inside.

18Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:13 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:The sound of cranking on a chainsaw is right up there with cocking a gun in terms of instant recognition.

Oh hell yeah it is. Just the sound of a chainsaw gives me the creeps. My dad just about lost a thumb to a chainsaw and it's one of the gnarliest scars I've seen. To this day just seeing it makes me ache.

19Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:06 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:I wasn't even aware that that there are so many ghost shows, and that they do well in the ratings. That makes a piece of me die inside.

It's a reality TV world we live in.

20Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://realityfugitives.com/

21Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:33 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^ lol!

22Ghost Shows Empty Re: Ghost Shows Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:25 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Over my extended weekend I watched all kinds of "Ghost Shows". I found Ghost Adventures on the Travel channel and I really liked it. Not because I take them seriously as professional ghost hunters, but because they're stupid and one of them is going to get killed eventually. Locking yourself in a building that's falling apart and roaming around in the dark without any sort of production crew will eventually get these guys killed. Someones gonna fall through a floor or spear themselves on some piece of rusted metal or something along those lines.

I also watched Paranormal State over the weekend...man does that show blow!! I have nothing good to say about it at all.

This week we'll see the return of G.H. International and the previews are promising "definitive proof". This I've gotta see.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum