Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PoP! Top 6-Pack: Overrated TV Shows

+2
Spaced4SimonPegg
Administrator
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PoP! Top 6-Pack: Overrated TV Shows  Empty PoP! Top 6-Pack: Overrated TV Shows Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:08 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=25322

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree with you on Glee, but I disagree with you somewhat on True Blood. I can agree that some would think that it is overrated but you can't compare it to Twilight. shake my head

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like the list. Still want to see Dexter, but Chuck, then Glee, and then Lie to Me had me mentally applauding. They're so boring to me. Get why people like them--especially the first two--but just aren't my thing.

True Blood, still up in the air. For older Twilight fans, it's a yay, and for those who want actual vampires back, it's a yay as well. But I just don't know how to feel about it. Maybe later down the road, like I did with Supernatural. Catching up all in one big burst.

4PoP! Top 6-Pack: Overrated TV Shows  Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Overrated TV Shows Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Like the list. Still want to see Dexter, but Chuck, then Glee, and then Lie to Me had me mentally applauding. They're so boring to me. Get why people like them--especially the first two--but just aren't my thing.

True Blood, still up in the air. For older Twilight fans, it's a yay, and for those who want actual vampires back, it's a yay as well. But I just don't know how to feel about it. Maybe later down the road, like I did with Supernatural. Catching up all in one big burst.

I caught up on True Blood in one big burst too. I watched Season 1 in about 2-3 days and the same with Season 2. It takes a bit to get into.

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

Personal opinion not withstanding, 19 emmy nods shows that Glee is not that overrated. Even the article seemed to have more good things to say then bad.

Rachel can be annoying, and the baby con was tough to watch sometimes,but Glee was a show made in 2 parts. The 1st 13 were made without knowledge if a full season was going to be ordered. The second half was made months later. Season 2, with a full season ordered and time for a well thought out full story arc, will show whether Glee was overrated or not.

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Definately dont agree with True Blood. Twilight copied the Sookie books and the quality of them is not really comparable. Okay if I have to compare them True Blood is better in every way possible to the Twilight movies and books and wouldnt make my top 50 overhyped shows right now.

Glee is perfect for this list. The show is alright but was sooooooooooooooooo overhyped that it cant possibly keep going like it is. Saturation level 1000. Better to keep people wanting more or no matter how good something is they get burned out. Just ask Prison Break, Heroes, OC and any other show that was hyped through the roof and went in a downward spiral after the first season. Prison Break is the poster child for overhyped shows. Still cant believe they made four season and a movie out of that show.

7PoP! Top 6-Pack: Overrated TV Shows  Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Overrated TV Shows Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:Definately dont agree with True Blood. Twilight copied the Sookie books and the quality of them is not really comparable. Okay if I have to compare them True Blood is better in every way possible to the Twilight movies and books and wouldnt make my top 50 overhyped shows right now.

Glee is perfect for this list. The show is alright but was sooooooooooooooooo overhyped that it cant possibly keep going like it is. Saturation level 1000. Better to keep people wanting more or no matter how good something is they get burned out. Just ask Prison Break, Heroes, OC and any other show that was hyped through the roof and went in a downward spiral after the first season. Prison Break is the poster child for overhyped shows. Still cant believe they made four season and a movie out of that show.

Agree. I loved Prison Break but by the 3rd season it turned into a giant WTF. huh

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I definitely think season 3 was the weakest. I thought they improved though, and season 4 was pretty good.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

JonSpangler wrote:Personal opinion not withstanding, 19 emmy nods shows that Glee is not that overrated. Even the article seemed to have more good things to say then bad.

Rachel can be annoying, and the baby con was tough to watch sometimes,but Glee was a show made in 2 parts. The 1st 13 were made without knowledge if a full season was going to be ordered. The second half was made months later. Season 2, with a full season ordered and time for a well thought out full story arc, will show whether Glee was overrated or not.
Ugh... The Emmys are so full of hype.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum