Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

AKA Jessica Jones

+12
Debaser77
Heytherejeffro
Paroxysm
riv1
AlienIncognito
prescribeddrone
rwe1138
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
comicgeekelly
Janson
Bigtymin504
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1AKA Jessica Jones Empty AKA Jessica Jones Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:08 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/12/17/marvels-aka-jessica-jones-heading-to-abc/

AKA Jessica Jones Alias%20vol.%204AKA Jessica Jones Jessica-jones-2010-03

They can't use the name Alias cuz of the Jennifer Garner series. lol

2AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

That wasn't what that show was about? Huh? Never read the book or watched the show, I just assumed since they came out at the same time and the characters looked alike that it was. I guess you learn something new everyday right?

3AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:42 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really, really like what I've read of the series, so I'm looking forward to this show.

4AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

AKA Jessica Jones Smiley-excited002 It's happening! Ahhhh!

5AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Jessica Jones so I will definitely check this out.

6AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:07 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

I wonder if the first episode will have her and Luke doing the Forbidden Lambada?

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

7AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:12 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ugh why Jessica Jones? I don't like her that much :-\

8AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:21 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:I wonder if the first episode will have her and Luke doing the Forbidden Lambada?
More like drunken behind-ada. ...that was clever, shut up! That escaped me. Luke, Scott Lang, Ms. Marvel, Man Mountain Laughing, and other good ones.

Have a feeling they'll edit out the stories or edit out with switching characters on us. Wouldn't see why. Most aren't in costume, so maybe it'll be doable because it's a more loose interpretation of the heroes...? Purple Man saga gets a little superhuman crazy with the Avengers, but that could still work if it's done in flashes, or, even better, done in comicbook style paneling. You know,
Spoiler:

Will it go into Pulse? That'd be difficult. Let alone, what happens when they reach the end of the comic series?

Hurm...I'm really hoping it isn't a watered down version. I could see it being like Blade: The Series. Not saying that show was completely terrible--I kind of liked it--but that wasn't a hopeful statement.

9AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:21 pm

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

The comic was awesome. If the show is half is as good it will be full of win.

10AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:17 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hmm. I'll give it a look for sure, thanks for the heads up.

11AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

There have been a lot of television shows that have female leads, and a majority of them tend to do well enough. But the ones that typically fail are the ones that deal with science fiction and/or fantasy elements, such as those that would surround a comic book character like Jessica Jones.

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," "Birds of Prey" and "Bionic Woman" come to mind.

Jessica Jones is a fun comic book character, but I think many television viewers will just compare her to Claire (the cheerleader) from "Heroes," as they have similar powers.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

12AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:22 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:
Jessica Jones is a fun comic book character, but I think many television viewers will just compare her to Claire (the cheerleader) from "Heroes," as they have similar powers.

scratch

To my knowledge Jessica can fly and has larger than normal strength while Claire has a Wolverine-ish healing factor.

13AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:49 am

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

comicgeekelly wrote:
Paroxysm wrote:

scratch

To my knowledge Jessica can fly and has larger than normal strength while Claire has a Wolverine-ish healing factor.

I meant in "the resistance" to injury aspect.

14AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Ugh why Jessica Jones? I don't like her that much :-\
Seriously, did you even read Alias?

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

15AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:43 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:
Paroxysm wrote:

scratch

Okay, I guess I can see that. Enough people have forgotten about Heroes by now that I think this series will be fine.

16AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:24 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'll definitely check it out, though I wish the show was on FX or AMC so that it would be truer in tone and content to the comic.

17AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:45 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
It's beyond incredible, if you haven't, PD. I know your thinking that, you know, "she's obscure and there's a ton of other potentials to tap into," but it really is that strong of a series.

comicgeekelly wrote:
Paroxysm wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:
Paroxysm wrote:

scratch

Okay, I guess I can see that. Enough people have forgotten about Heroes by now that I think this series will be fine.
Yeah, no way. Completely different from Claire.

Plus, her powers seemingly fluctuate all the time.
Spoiler:

Her lack of experience with her abilities plays into good storytelling too. She never cared to train all that much. It comes off rational. Just because you're "super" doesn't mean you have to play the part. Her being a detective is like if Daredevil just stuck with being Matt Murdock, a lawyer, or Superman just being Clark all the time. The best damn reporter ever. Strongest paparazzi at the very least. Heh.

18AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:57 am

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

BlueMaxx wrote:
Heytherejeffro wrote:
It's beyond incredible, if you haven't, PD. I know your thinking that, you know, "she's obscure and there's a ton of other potentials to tap into," but it really is that strong of a series.

comicgeekelly wrote:
Paroxysm wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:
Paroxysm wrote:

scratch

Yeah, no way. Completely different from Claire.

Claire cannot be hurt(Heals). Jessica cannot be hurt(Damage Resistance). Even though the powers are completely different, the resistance to injury thing will trigger a "Claire" comparison for the average viewer.

19AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:05 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I could see that. Her attitude towards injury is like Claire's at times. Like when she gets up and is all "sigh of nothing more than inconvenience" about it. Just with the super strength and her attitude/personality, she could quickly wash away that comparison.

20AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:43 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sounds interesting enough.

21AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:01 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love this book so much that I actually own the page from the Pulse where Jessica Jones goes into labor.

22AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:39 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thats pretty awesome!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

23AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:40 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And not creepy at all. Smile

24AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:27 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

oh.. I didnt think about that,.

DAMN

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

25AKA Jessica Jones Empty Re: AKA Jessica Jones Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I bought it because it was by Michael Gaydos (one of my favorites) and had all of the Avengers on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum