Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Indiana Jones 5 Rumored

+7
Debaser77
Joshua
Batman25JM
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Silent K
Foreigner_Man
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Indiana Jones 5 Rumored B86e8d03fe992d1b0e19656875ee557chttp://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1095455p1.html
A new report online claims to have plot details to the fifth Indiana Jones film - and that it will begin shooting next year.

According to the New Zealand news site Stuff, much of the plot line of Indiana Jones V will be centered around the Bermuda Triangle, an area over the North Atlantic Ocean where a number of aircraft are said to have disappeared.

"George (Lucas) and Steven (Spielberg) have been working on a script and it's almost there," a source explained. "Harrison [Ford] is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like being an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet."

"Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie," the source added.

I personally didn't mind the last film. It wasn't as good as its predecessors, but it was definitely a good time, a fun mostly all-ages film, charmingly defied gravity, and showed movies like 'Mummy' how it's done. And I pleasantly found Shia to be fun in this as well. At the same time, it's a bit like beating a dead horse..we don't really need another. If this rumor is true however, I'm really happy that the fifth one won't have CGI...it was actually my biggest complaint of the fourth one. I wouldn't mind another one myself, as long as it's good and is the last film, even though I was kinda hoping for Excalibur in a potential fifth one. What do you guys say?

Last edited by Foreigner_Man on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Indiana Jones fights the Smoke Monster!

3Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^ Heh.
Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Shiasmoking

(I don't really hate Shia, but I saw this pic and just couldn't resist! Laughing )

4Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:07 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Excalibur could work. The Biblical premises are always my favorites.

Rings of Solomon? Djinns too crazy for an Indie film?

5Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Do they really need to make another one? Oh well. I didn't mind the last one so much but if Indy's son is going to be featured more, can they start by getting him a better name that Mutt?

6Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not really a big fan of the Indiana Jones movies. The only one that I actually like is The Last Crusade. I HATED Temple of Doom. Raiders of the Lost Ark did nothing for me, and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull gets a meh at best.

With all that said, I'd see a 5th movie if they make one.

Foreigner_Man wrote:
I personally didn't mind the last film. It wasn't as good as its predecessors, but it was definitely a good time, a fun mostly all-ages film, charmingly defied gravity, and showed movies like 'Mummy' how it's done. And I pleasantly found Shia to be fun in this as well. At the same time, it's a bit like beating a dead horse..we don't really need another. If this rumor is true however, I'm really happy that the fifth one won't have CGI...it was actually my biggest complaint of the fourth one. I wouldn't mind another one myself, as long as it's good and is the last film, even though I was kinda hoping for Excalibur in a potential fifth one. What do you guys say?

Personally, I love the first two Mummy (of the modern series) a TON more than the last Indy movie.

I'd love them to deal with Excalibur. I love stuff like that.

7Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:48 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I HATED Temple of Doom. Raiders of the Lost Ark did nothing for me.
surprised Sad don't know

8Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:58 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I HATED Temple of Doom. Raiders of the Lost Ark did nothing for me.
surprised Sad don't know

don't know Just didn't care for them.

I didn't grow up watching them like I'm sure most people on here did. I saw them for the first time when I was like 19 or so. That may play a factor in my not liking them. I heard how great they were, and I may have built them up and had my expectations set too high. I may rewatch them one day to see if I like them more. It could happen. I HATED the original Star Wars movies when I first saw them (didn't grow up watching them either; I was around 17 or 18 when I first saw them), and now I LOVE them.

9Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:31 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I'm not really a big fan of the Indiana Jones movies. The only one that I actually like is The Last Crusade. I HATED Temple of Doom. Raiders of the Lost Ark did nothing for me, and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull gets a meh at best.

With all that said, I'd see a 5th movie if they make one.

Personally, I love the first two Mummy (of the modern series) a TON more than the last Indy movie.

I'd love them to deal with Excalibur. I love stuff like that.
don't know To each their own, I personally love the Indy films. To me the Mummy films tried to replicate the magic the films had, with mixed results. (I don't hate the Mummy films, they're fun.)Indy 4 didn't need to replicate it..it had it. It may not be as great as its predecessors, but it kept the with and charm, while putting them into a B-movie scenario.

However, I too didn't like ToD at first. I actually just watched it a week ago, and I now finally appreciate it.

10Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:25 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I love Raiders and Last Crusade and didn't hate Temple of Doom or Crystal Skull, but they should really let this franchise die.

11Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

USA Today writer Anthony Breznican tweeted “Lucasfilm tells me flat-out: #IndianaJones 5 rumors, Bermuda Triangle, etc, are completely bogus. Not happening.”

Read more: /Film | Blogging the Reel World http://www.slashfilm.com/page/2/#ixzz0qN9NNB6e

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

12Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Nuke the Fridge lmao. U know u can buy shirts and shit with that on it.

http://www.cafepress.com/+nuke_the_fridge_fitted_tshirt,284516086?sourcecode=affiliate&cmp=pfc--f--us--106--284516086&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=productfeed&utm_term=284516086&utm_campaign=fitted-t-shirt

One of the most retarded moments in cinema history.

13Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you think a guy crawling into a refrigerator to escape an atomic blast is one of the most retarded events in the history of cinema, you haven't seen very many movies.

Personally, I never understood the hate KotCS got in regards to "unbelievability". Did any of the realism mongers see the previous three movies?

14Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Personally, I never understood the hate KotCS got in regards to "unbelievability". Did any of the realism mongers see the previous three movies?

You mean the one with the box full of Jewish ghosts, the one with dude that could rip still beating hearts out of people's chests and you could jump out of an airplane in a raft, or the one with the 900 year old French knight that can speak perfect 20th century english?

15Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:23 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:USA Today writer Anthony Breznican tweeted “Lucasfilm tells me flat-out: #IndianaJones 5 rumors, Bermuda Triangle, etc, are completely bogus. Not happening.”

Read more: /Film | Blogging the Reel World http://www.slashfilm.com/page/2/#ixzz0qN9NNB6e
Oh good. I just read that and wasn't too impressed with that. I like when they take known yet vaguely known about mysteries/items.

16Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:
Joshua wrote:

You mean the one with the box full of Jewish ghosts, the one with dude that could rip still beating hearts out of people's chests and you could jump out of an airplane in a raft, or the one with the 900 year old French knight that can speak perfect 20th century english?

Yes, but those were done by humans. In KotCS they had interdimensional aliens. All I know is that's a pretty damn big leap in believeability imho.

17Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Gojiratoho wrote:
Joshua wrote:

Yes, but those were done by humans. In KotCS they had interdimensional aliens. All I know is that's a pretty damn big leap in believeability imho.

I loved all 4 of them, and they all have an acceptable level of camp in my opinion, but interdimensional aliens is no more far-fetched than a box of ghosts to me.

18Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Empty Re: Indiana Jones 5 Rumored Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Gojiratoho wrote:
Joshua wrote:

I fail to see how, but to each their own.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum