Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PoP! Cast Wrestling

+25
Hannibal king
Heytherejeffro
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
shining knight
WhiteBlackDynamite
Debaser77
krpykrwly
pumkinheadfan
dmahoney
Mnemosis
rwe1138
wickidchyld
jfx316
MillionDollarGeek
Xman00aoa
Big Poppa Nick
Captain Painway
Denim
Joshua
jaydee74
comicgeekelly
Silent K
Rath99
G_Zatara
UltimateUltimacy
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

26PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:18 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Big Poppa Nick wrote:Still listening to the show.

I disagree vehemently that Flair/Rhodes should be anywhere near a WWE list. Rhodes in WWE was him and Sapphire. Flair had one good run in WWE against Macho. If the list is gonna be WWE stuff they have no place on the list.

If they gave any indication that it was strickly a WWE list I would agree with you 100%. But when you have guys like Gorgeous George and others who never saw the WWE come into existance I think its safe to say that it goes beyond any wrestlers WWE tenure.

27PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:33 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just some random thoughts from when I was listening to the show.

Favorite finishing moves: Pepsi Plunge, Muscle Buster,

Worst injury I got: I got a stinger after a friend gave me a stunner, more of an STO really, off of his dining room table.

ROH on HDNet Mondays before Raw

Mike Knox's beard needs to be a playable character in SD vs. Raw

I might be the only person who liked the Undertaker more when he was the biker.

The What gimmick is awful.

28PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
Big Poppa Nick wrote:Still listening to the show.

I disagree vehemently that Flair/Rhodes should be anywhere near a WWE list. Rhodes in WWE was him and Sapphire. Flair had one good run in WWE against Macho. If the list is gonna be WWE stuff they have no place on the list.

If they gave any indication that it was strickly a WWE list I would agree with you 100%. But when you have guys like Gorgeous George and others who never saw the WWE come into existance I think its safe to say that it goes beyond any wrestlers WWE tenure.

I understand what you are saying, but Flair being listed tied at 17 with Dusty is a travesty in itself if they are taking into account his NWA/WCW days.

29PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

comicgeekelly wrote:The What gimmick is awful.

Correct

http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/

30PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:10 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

Big Poppa Nick wrote: I disagree vehemently that Flair/Rhodes should be anywhere near a WWE list. Rhodes in WWE was him and Sapphire. Flair had one good run in WWE against Macho. If the list is gonna be WWE stuff they have no place on the list.

Granted, Rhodes didn't get much of a chance to do anything in the WWF. Vince wanted to make a NWA/WCW guy look like a fool. But Ric Flair had ONE good run?? Flair CARRIED Evolution, since it was basically the 4 Horsemen with less talented people. Triple H was doing his best "I wish I was Ric Flair" impression while Flair was out Flair-ing him. Even with Flair with him, Triple H STILL bored the hell out of everyone with his "I'm the GAME-A and I run EVERYTHING-A" shtick. Check out The Rock slaying that fool over his promos if you can find them.

Anyway, Flair's runs with Edge, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels and even some of the stuff he did with Vince was pretty awesome for a guy his age. Take into account what other wrestlers his age or younger were doing. No falling of ladders and getting hit with barbed wire, that's for fucking sure. He comes from the old school, where guys used psychology to make up for in-ring shortcomings. And while Flair had them for sure around that last year or so, you can't say for real that Flair didn't do anything besides the run with the Macho Man.

31PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:19 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

Silent K wrote:"Triple H DDTs Scotty 2 Hottie."

Looks like Jared has been out of wrestling for as long as I have.

I've been watching old WWF tapes and Too Cool were on the last few I watched. I could never pronounce Grand Masta Sexuha the way Lawler said it on the show. Sounded like he had a sore throat when he said it.

32PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:26 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

jfx316 wrote:

Big Poppa Nick wrote: I disagree vehemently that Flair/Rhodes should be anywhere near a WWE list. Rhodes in WWE was him and Sapphire. Flair had one good run in WWE against Macho. If the list is gonna be WWE stuff they have no place on the list.

Granted, Rhodes didn't get much of a chance to do anything in the WWF. Vince wanted to make a NWA/WCW guy look like a fool. But Ric Flair had ONE good run?? Flair CARRIED Evolution, since it was basically the 4 Horsemen with less talented people. Triple H was doing his best "I wish I was Ric Flair" impression while Flair was out Flair-ing him. Even with Flair with him, Triple H STILL bored the hell out of everyone with his "I'm the GAME-A and I run EVERYTHING-A" shtick. Check out The Rock slaying that fool over his promos if you can find them.

Anyway, Flair's runs with Edge, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels and even some of the stuff he did with Vince was pretty awesome for a guy his age. Take into account what other wrestlers his age or younger were doing. No falling of ladders and getting hit with barbed wire, that's for fucking sure. He comes from the old school, where guys used psychology to make up for in-ring shortcomings. And while Flair had them for sure around that last year or so, you can't say for real that Flair didn't do anything besides the run with the Macho Man.

Flair has always been tight on the stick. He used to be a monster in the ring too. Qualifying his achievements as saying "pretty awesome for a guy his age" kinda proves my point. Evolution was garbage. The other stuff you mentioned was meh. I will grant you that his last match with Shawn was an emotional ride, but not enough to say he really impacted the WWE.

His best run in the WWE was with Savage, where he was very close to his prime. The rest of the stuff, much like Flair in TNA, is an old man holding on for way too long and not knowing when to step away.

33PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

jfx316 wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:The What gimmick is awful.

Correct

QFT!

34PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:32 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

Big Poppa Nick wrote:His best run in the WWE was with Savage, where he was very close to his prime. The rest of the stuff, much like Flair in TNA, is an old man holding on for way too long and not knowing when to step away.

Fair. His matches against Savage were great, although his matches with Savage were better in WCW. Flair in TNA? Yeah, I can see your point. He's at least putting over the younger cats. Unlike Hogan and the like. He's playing the manager you'd love the sock in the mouth role very well, at least.

Can we at least agree that John Cena shouldn't have been higher then Flair?

35PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:34 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I'll school Mary on some old school stuff. I've got a shitload of WWE and ECW DVDs.

Also, OBVIOUSLY she didn't unclick the "let Skype adjust my audio settings" when she called in last night. you're gonna get it

36PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:36 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

jfx316 wrote:
Big Poppa Nick wrote:His best run in the WWE was with Savage, where he was very close to his prime. The rest of the stuff, much like Flair in TNA, is an old man holding on for way too long and not knowing when to step away.

Fair. His matches against Savage were great, although his matches with Savage were better in WCW. Flair in TNA? Yeah, I can see your point. He's at least putting over the younger cats. Unlike Hogan and the like. He's playing the manager you'd love the sock in the mouth role very well, at least.

Can we at least agree that John Cena shouldn't have been higher then Flair?

Cena couldn't carry Flair's jock even now. So yes we can agree. lol!

And yeah the stuff in WCW with Savage was better.

37PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Also, The 11th Hour would love to guest on the show anytime...well...if Jose isn't working. Turd.

38PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I would be ALL OVER a Cena monster-heel turn, AND bringing back Thuganomics.

Also, in response to Jared's "Coon it up" comment and the talk about The Rock in Nation of Domination, I think a revival of the Nation of Domination would be rad. They could work/shoot it about how the WWE uses black wrestlers as a minstrel show. Include Otunga, Mark Henry, Alicia Fox, Ezekial Jackson, JTG, and Teddy Long.

39PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would like to see Shamus in that new Nation of Domination that Knize wants to build, just to like upset balence.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

40PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

^YES! BLACK IRISH!

41PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

OK so this is what we have so far for names:

The Wrestling Podcast...Fuck you Josh Laughing
The A-Show
PoP-Mania
The Pop Main Event
The PoP Wrestling Commentary Show
The Rasslin' Ring Rats
Grappling outside the longbox
Hard Knocks and Cheap PoP!s
The Cheap PoP!Cast
Canned Heat
Curtain Jerkers

Keep them coming

42PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:58 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Whipping it outside the ring

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

43PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:59 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The Three-Way Dance

44PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

PCW: PoP! Cast Wrestling

45PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Also, The 11th Hour would love to guest on the show anytime...well...if Jose isn't working. Turd.

This will happen!!

Silent K wrote:I would be ALL OVER a Cena monster-heel turn, AND bringing back Thuganomics.

Also, in response to Jared's "Coon it up" comment and the talk about The Rock in Nation of Domination, I think a revival of the Nation of Domination would be rad. They could work/shoot it about how the WWE uses black wrestlers as a minstrel show. Include Otunga, Mark Henry, Alicia Fox, Ezekial Jackson, JTG, and Teddy Long.

If they did do a new Nation this would be a pretty cool line-up. I just don't see them rehashing it. DX was something different because one of the members is the owners son in law.

46PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:05 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:PCW: PoP! Cast Wrestling

This might be my new favorite

47PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:06 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

PCW!!
PCW!!
PCW!!
PCW!!

48PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:09 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

^ It just makes sense...

49PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:11 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And in case you missed it...

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=31946

50PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 2 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:50 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was gonna say Chaos Theory Wrestling Podcast... but then I started to chant.

PCDubb
PCDubb
PCDubb
PCDubb

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum