Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

So, I watched Twilight last night

+11
superdoug
Ska
shining knight
FroZen
Topcat
Lee
Joshua
Silent K
Debaser77
Administrator
Thundermatts
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1So, I watched Twilight last night Empty So, I watched Twilight last night Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:24 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

AND I LIKED IT!!! WTF!!!! I'm going to go kill myself. It's really not terrible. I mean some of the effects are horrendous as is the camera work and direction in general, but the damn cast! They somehow manage to save the movie just by being generally awesome. Seriously. The casting director should get a high five. I liked every single damn person. This doesn't mean I'm going to read the book or anything, but I just though I'd share that Twilight the film isn't as bad as it should be. Though I did laugh quite a few times from sheer corniness.

2So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:27 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

You should get checked for brain tumor.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:35 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

No interest in seeing this. At all.

4So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:34 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought I should see it since I talked bad about it so much

5So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:07 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I hate the current Disney pop teens, but don't have an urge to listen to the Jonas Brothers.

6So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts watches the trailer for New Moon.

7So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ha!

8So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't speak for the entire cast, but the two leads are both solid actors and honestly, I don't think anyone would have anything against them had they not been in the 15-year-old girl moistfest that is Twilight.

9So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Joshua wrote:15-year-old girl moistfest .

So, I watched Twilight last night ChrisHanson

10So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I've actually been wanting to see this just to see what the big deal is.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

11So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

The actress who played Bella was decent in Into the Wild as a lonely hippie teen who tries to seduce the protagonist.

12So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:46 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

I've been told she's very good in Adventureland, too.

13So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
Joshua wrote:15-year-old girl moistfest .

So, I watched Twilight last night ChrisHanson

<grin>

That line leapt out at me, too. So, I watched Twilight last night Pimp

http://www.tamarasanime.com

14So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:44 pm

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

<muttering>

He fuckin' *sparkles.*

15So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Don't let my defense of the actors mislead you, the film is not good. I don't say that because it's teenage girl fodder, I could care less who the movie is aimed at. I say on pure cinematic achievement and it fails at every level. Essentially what it boils down to is there is no conflict or any real problem for anyone to face. Edward Cullen is an immortal who is gorgeous to look at. He's intelligent and athletic and doesn't really have any problems. When Bella starts snooping around he finally confides in her what he really is, "You want to see what I really am?!" as if he's hiding some terrible dark secret. He then steps into the sunlight and becomes even more beautiful. That's his big horrible tragedy; he sparkles like diamonds. Okay, but he's hundreds of years old and still having to live the life of a teenage, that should eat at him right? I mean, that should provide some really cool duality to the character? Nope, as old as he is his personality is as old as his appearance. He behaves, thinks, and feels just like any typical angsty teenager. Meanwhile, Bella just moves to town and like most kids, should feel like an outsider and should have to overcome some sort of conflict. Being a teenager is tough and it's even tougher in a new place. Well, it is for the rest of us anyway. Bella is instantly liked by everyone. The movie is about nothing more than these two people getting to know each other. What should be covered in a ninety-second montage is the premise of the entire movie. The point of a movie is for characters to overcome obstacles and to grow and change by the end of the movie. None of that occurs. They simply go about their teenage lives, briefly fight the so-called "evil" vampires (you know, the ones that actually do what vampires are known for doing), and then go to the prom. This is not a movie, this is simply an excuse for girls to gather together and swoon over Robert Pattinson.

16So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:17 am

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Who?

Oh. Right. The sparkly guy. So, I watched Twilight last night Icon_bash

17So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, it's pretty bad but in a way that's watchable. Everything Josh said is true, but I still enjoyed it for some reason. It really does feel like some 14 year old fat girl who spends all her free time in Hot Topic (actually, make that Fat Girl Hot Topic, Torrid) came up with the plot. It's nothing more than horrible dialogue and a really crappy love story that has the depth of a puddle. But I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy it.

18So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:10 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The really sad thing is....my wife is gonna be all over the new twilight movie like stink on shit, and she'll insist that I watch it with her. Another moody, poorly written, sparkly piece of crap to waste my hard earned money on....I can hardly wait. hmm

19So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:04 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Topcat wrote:^ Who?

Oh. Right. The sparkly guy. So, I watched Twilight last night Icon_bash
Since when is it such an offense to have a good memory?

Yeah, it's pretty bad but in a way that's watchable. Everything Josh said is true, but I still enjoyed it for some reason. It really does feel like some 14 year old fat girl who spends all her free time in Hot Topic (actually, make that Fat Girl Hot Topic, Torrid) came up with the plot. It's nothing more than horrible dialogue and a really crappy love story that has the depth of a puddle. But I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy it.
We've all got our guilty pleasures. I'm a big fan of Eddie Murphy's Holy Man.

20So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:33 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've lost respect....I thought you were cool! Laughing

21So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:54 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't believe we're already starting to take reservations on New Moon at work....

Reservations for a movie that isn't even out in theaters until November. *dies*

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

22So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I AM COOL SHINY!

23So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:24 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Twilight fan Barbie:
So, I watched Twilight last night Realis10

24So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know, I do need to remind everybody that one of our beloved members and a Fangirl of the Month is a Twilight fan. Keep it in mind. Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

25So, I watched Twilight last night Empty Re: So, I watched Twilight last night Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:35 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:You know, I do need to remind everybody that one of our beloved members and a Fangirl of the Month is a Twilight fan. Keep it in mind. Smile

Aww geez....just having a little fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum