Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smokey the Bear is a goddamned dirty liar

+5
riv1
superdoug
BlueMaxx
Lee
Mnemosis
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I was driving from an appointment today back to work when a new light on my dash came to life. A little red gas pump looking thing I'd never seen before began to flicker and dance. Weird. I stopped at Wal-Mart and checked my oil. Fine. All of my gauges? Fine. "I'll have to head to a garage before stopping back at work," I thought.

Fifteen minutes down the highway from the exit where the Wal-Mart was, I heard a clunk! and a skree! and saw a cloud of smoke shoot out my car's ass end. "That's new" I thought. As I began to slow my vehicle and find my way to the side of the road, the car began to seize and jerk as white smoke poured out from under the hood. "Oh goody, this will be fun!"

I exited the vehicle, grabbed my iPod, and dialed my phone. I told work I'd be late, told my parents I might need to borrow their spare vehicle, and began to call AAA. As I spoke to the operator, I noticed it. A plume of smoke. Roughly even with where my car had uttered its cry for help. "Oh dear god... I've started a forest fire!" I walked calmly back down the side of the highway and found tiny flmaes flickering in the grass and brush. I stomped them out vigorously, but in the hot summer sun, they rapidly relit. As I attempted to hurry through my service call, the fire department arrived and doused the flames.

Whatever had shot off of my car, all hot and smoky, had seemingly ignited the underbrush along the highway. I not only couldn't prevent the fire, I damn well started it!

An hour in a tow truck later and I either have to make repairs on my car that'll be more than it's worth or try to find a new car that I won't be able to afford. Just glad this didn't happen in the middle of the mountains this past weekend! Ugh.

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

That is ridiculous, man. So... What launched from your vehicle? What was the offending projectile?

http://www.leerodriguez.net

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

This... I have yet to determine. To be fair, I don't yet KNOW how much the reapirs will be, but... the car's worth is roughly 1500 when running. The chances of the repairs being less than that are probably 50/50 at best, but even if the repairs comes to a grand, that means I make 500 off the vehicle when I buy a new one, and the simple fact is I can probably get that much for it if I just scrap it. Decisions decisions.

May be working on cashing in the 401K early...

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shitty day. Sounds like my kind of luck. I had some bad luck with my car alarm 2 days ago, but it pales in comparison to that shit storm.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Your slice of sunshine? That piece that sheared off could have come through the cabin and killed you.

Count your blessings.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I...just had iraq flashbacks. You're a lucky guy. I'd rather the whole damn highway burn than you get caught in your car. Hope your night goes better.

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

So, it's official. The engine's shot. Not sure what it'd cost to fix, exactly, but I now KNOW it's more than the car's worth. Gotta figure something out, somehow.

superdoug wrote:Your slice of sunshine? That piece that sheared off could have come through the cabin and killed you.

Count your blessings.

riv1 wrote:I...just had iraq flashbacks. You're a lucky guy. I'd rather the whole damn highway burn than you get caught in your car. Hope your night goes better.

Good points, both of you. Trust me when I say, I'm not "down." I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna get a new car, but... meh. It's just another obstacle.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hang tough man. Obstacles are just a six pack of beer away from being a cool story to tell at the bar. Seriously, though, GL.

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dude, I've seen your car. Just slap a PoP! bumper-sticker on a BigWheel & cherish the upgrade. Wink

(Seriously, glad yer okay.)

('Sides. Who else could I get to move my eight bucks back & forth?)

(How do I tell them that due to the unfreezing process I have no inner monologue?)

http://www.tamarasanime.com

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

riv1 wrote:Hang tough man. Obstacles are just a six pack of beer away from being a cool story to tell at the bar. Seriously, though, GL.

And so it was revealed that I am, in fact, the Green Lantern of Earth. And yeah, that's how I look at it. This is just an amusing story. Wish I had a bike. And didn't work 45 miles from home.

Topcat wrote:Dude, I've seen your car. Just slap a PoP! bumper-sticker on a BigWheel & cherish the upgrade. Wink

(How do I tell them that due to the unfreezing process I have no inner monologue?)

I quoted (well, paraphrased) this today too! I was at the line, Tina was helping someone, and I just said "I'll be back in a few, I really need to go to the bathroom." I walked around and while in the lobby said "It seems that the unfreezing process has left me with no inner monologue"

Y'know... a BigWheel with a PoP! Bumper sticker DOES sound pretty slick, though I'm guessing I'd be arrested for premeditated pedophilia without, you know, actually premeditating anything.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
riv1 wrote:Hang tough man. Obstacles are just a six pack of beer away from being a cool story to tell at the bar. Seriously, though, GL.

And so it was revealed that I am, in fact, the Green Lantern of Earth. And yeah, that's how I look at it. This is just an amusing story. Wish I had a bike. And didn't work 45 miles from home.

Topcat wrote:Dude, I've seen your car. Just slap a PoP! bumper-sticker on a BigWheel & cherish the upgrade. Wink

I quoted (well, paraphrased) this today too! I was at the line, Tina was helping someone, and I just said "I'll be back in a few, I really need to go to the bathroom." I walked around and while in the lobby said "It seems that the unfreezing process has left me with no inner monologue"

Y'know... a BigWheel with a PoP! Bumper sticker DOES sound pretty slick, though I'm guessing I'd be arrested for premeditated pedophilia without, you know, actually premeditating anything.
Its the unhealthy amount of PoP Rocks you purchased on the internet that adds to the pedophilia.

http://realityfugitives.com/

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

It's true. A box of PoP! Rocks and a BigWheel smell disastrously of wrongdoings.

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I'm on every sex offender watch list in the fucking state after all the candy that showed up at my house this week.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I now have an image of kerouac going all basil fawlty on the car with a tree branch

(Please tell me you americans have some familiarity with fawlty towers)

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

shining knight wrote:I now have an image of kerouac going all basil fawlty on the car with a tree branch

Strangely enough, I know exactly what you mean. Loved that show.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:I'm on every sex offender watch list in the fucking state after all the candy that showed up at my house this week.
I know you're joking but, with the way the Government operates nowadays....Smokey the Bear is a goddamned dirty liar Bore

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

shining knight wrote:I now have an image of kerouac going all basil fawlty on the car with a tree branch

You mean flowery twats?

riv1 wrote:
Lee wrote:I'm on every sex offender watch list in the fucking state after all the candy that showed up at my house this week.
I know you're joking but, with the way the Government operates nowadays....Smokey the Bear is a goddamned dirty liar Bore

Hell, if I had OnStar, I'd be convinced that the government had blown up my car via remote control.

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shake my head I still think it was Kupocat.

http://www.tamarasanime.com

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Why HAVEN'T I seen her around...?

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shes like the spanish inquisition

riv1

riv1