Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cartoons' slipping slope?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Cartoons' slipping slope? Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been thinking it over for awhile, and i've come to think that Disney and Nick seem to be sucking up a trend that's gone on too long now; 15-minute cartoons about misadventures of tween or teen characters. What's the point of it? it's not like it's wholely accurate views of their demographic! and why has there been no shows like Ducktales or Gargoyles, i miss them and now it seems like they don't bother having any setup pilot like Darkwing Duck for example. Also Cartoon Network has been at this too in some cases but im glad they keep Flapjack funny. anyone notice this happening too?

2Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Re: Cartoons' slipping slope? Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:51 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Theres something far worse than that sucking the fun out of kids channels and thats the rise of evil known as live action shows

3Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Cartoons' slipping slope? Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:35 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Theres something far worse than that sucking the fun out of kids channels and thats the rise of evil known as live action shows

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

4Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Re: Cartoons' slipping slope? Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:38 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes its already spreading on the american cartoon network and its infecting my cn as well

5Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Re: Cartoons' slipping slope? Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:25 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I noticed last night that they're advertising for live action shows and calling it CN Real. That's BULLSHIT!!! I fucking hate it!! First MTV stop playing music videos and fills the space with mindless "reality" television, then Sci-Fi turns into Sy-Fy which I can't stand to watch now, and finally a network built around cartoons are starting to make non-cartoon programming.

I'm so mad I could write a letter...or an e-mail...or just pace around my living room cursing...I think I'll go with the latter.

6Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Re: Cartoons' slipping slope? Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:56 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Don't bother they never listen I sent a letter to my CN complaining about anime being taken off it and they never replied....too good for the viewers they are

7Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Re: Cartoons' slipping slope? Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You can't stand to watch a channel because they changed their name? lol. SyFy has always sucked and been useless, except when playing old Twilight Zones. They play all the same shit, but have a new name, who cares? Why does thaqt get your panties in a bunch? As for CN playing live action shows, Destroy BUild Destroy is awesome And when the cartoons they're playing are shit like Chowder and almost every other show they have, who cares if some shitty live action shows are tossed in? In fact, if kids dig em, I say good on you for expanding your brand and channel.

8Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Re: Cartoons' slipping slope? Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:46 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:You can't stand to watch a channel because they changed their name? lol. SyFy has always sucked and been useless, except when playing old Twilight Zones. They play all the same shit, but have a new name, who cares? Why does thaqt get your panties in a bunch? As for CN playing live action shows, Destroy BUild Destroy is awesome And when the cartoons they're playing are shit like Chowder and almost every other show they have, who cares if some shitty live action shows are tossed in? In fact, if kids dig em, I say good on you for expanding your brand and channel.
There's more than just a name change going on at SyFy. They're trying to be like every other network out there. I'm seeing a broader range of commercials and it just seems so carbon copy now. And yeah there's a lot of shows on there that suck, and the made for t.v movies they produce make me ill. But there are a few shows I do like. Warehouse 13, Eureka, Ghost Hunters and then the old shows nobody ever plays original Twilight Zone, the original Dark Shadows (ok...that one...you've just gotta like that kinda thing) and a few others who's titles escape me at the moment. I'm just worried that the little that I like about it will fade away all. (like the cool little Sci-Fi logo things they'd do between shows...that shit was cool as hell with the chick that'd would have porcupine quills shoot out of her skin when the creepy guy would get to close.).

As far as CN goes, you're prolly right. The programming has been off as of late (even though I admit I do enjoy Flapjack and a few of the other new shows) My kid loves some live-action kids shows, I guess it's just a different generation now, I used to get pissed off on Saturday morning when they started replacing my cartoons with live-action sports shows or whatever when I was young. But then again...I'm old.

Rod Serlings Night Gallery!!! That was one of the old Sci-Fi shows..wow my memory is shot.

9Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Re: Cartoons' slipping slope? Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:11 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought Chowder was actually a good idea for a kids show. It's all about food, and hopefully will get kids wanting to learn how to cook. I'm tired of seeing an abundance of overweight kids who eat nothing but fast food.

I'm disappointed with CN playing reality tv. I remember when I was a kid, they stressed the fact that they were nothing but cartoons. I wish to see more characters than animated people. :/

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

10Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Re: Cartoons' slipping slope? Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:00 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

all I'm saying is if you've got a channel called "CARTOON" network show cartoons and not live action shit on it

11Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Re: Cartoons' slipping slope? Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:39 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked Chowder when it first came out because the style reminded me of the old 70's style cartoons. But the more I watch of it the less I like it. The food gimmick is cool but not for an entire show and it seems like they're doing less mixing of claymation and animation like they did in the beginning.

12Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Re: Cartoons' slipping slope? Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:22 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:I liked Chowder when it first came out because the style reminded me of the old 70's style cartoons. But the more I watch of it the less I like it. The food gimmick is cool but not for an entire show and it seems like they're doing less mixing of claymation and animation like they did in the beginning.

Claymation just takes longer to do, that's probably why. It's a popular show, so they're probably more concerned with cranking out episodes at this point.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

13Cartoons' slipping slope? Empty Re: Cartoons' slipping slope? Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:17 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:
FroZen wrote:I liked Chowder when it first came out because the style reminded me of the old 70's style cartoons. But the more I watch of it the less I like it. The food gimmick is cool but not for an entire show and it seems like they're doing less mixing of claymation and animation like they did in the beginning.

Claymation just takes longer to do, that's probably why. It's a popular show, so they're probably more concerned with cranking out episodes at this point.
Makes sense but I liked the claymation parts...at least they still do a bit of it in Flapjack...
*in my best Peppermint Larry voice* "Isn't that right my candy wife."
*camera cuts to Candy Wife* Cartoons' slipping slope? 200px-Candywife

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum