Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC

+54
Ska
Gandicles
Sandman
Nubbins
azrael07
shanhain
Janson
Fresh03
melvinlikechris
Batman25JM
Gojiratoho
(._Y_.)
FroZen
Aussiemandias
Silent K
prescribeddrone
pumkinheadfan
dmahoney
Tomer Soiker
Dr Awkward
jestghost
DickGrayson007
Spazzy
riv1
krpykrwly
MillionDollarGeek
Airwolf
Hannibal king
TENIME_art
Matt
comicgeekelly
potatojoe
G_Zatara
Paroxysm
Heytherejeffro
Tom
Rath99
gangsternerd
Bigtymin504
Joshua
BlueMaxx
supervenom
Spaced4SimonPegg
jaydee74
Sci-Fi
Splitty
slacker jedi
Thundermatts
Debaser77
Ben Akers
Denim
Astro13Zombie
superdoug
Administrator
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 28]

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Blasphemy! Kidding. I like the degradation idea. They'll get slower with decomposition.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, i can buy that notion.

The fresher ones were the ones giving our goo covered heroes sideways glances even before the rain.

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Blasphemy! Kidding. I like the degradation idea. They'll get slower with decomposition.
Yeah,
Thats the way I have always thought of it.
Fresh dead are fast.
Can still climb & stuff.

Rigor Mortis & whatnot sets in.
Don't move so fast anymore.

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Did any one else pick up (aka_brandon pointed it out while we were watching) when Rick was backing up in the box truck they do a cut to inside the cab and he is looking back over his shoulder while backing up. We checked to make sure, there was no window in the back of the box truck so he was looking into the back wall. Oops that's why they make side mirrors!

330'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC - Page 14 Empty Re: 'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:58 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:

But I remember when the wife of Morgan started jiggling the handle in the pilot, I thought to myself, "My God, they're as smart as raptors."

I was thinking the same thing!!

331'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC - Page 14 Empty Re: 'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

332'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC - Page 14 Empty Re: 'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think zombies get rigor mortis Suspect

333'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC - Page 14 Empty Re: 'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:40 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I don't think zombies get rigor mortis Suspect

Yeah, I had that thought, too. I think the zombie virus counteracts the rigors setting in, and just shifts to the post-rigor mortis phase, where the body is flexible.

However, as they decompose and muscles atrophy, that would slow them down.

As to climbing fences and ladders...while it did look like the zombies were actively climbing, I can also see where that would be an optical illusion. If their claw-like fingers catch on chain link or ladder rungs, and their feet use other zombies in a ramp-like fashion, they could get over low obstacles and give the appearance of climbing with malice of forethought.

334'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC - Page 14 Empty Re: 'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:53 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Has it ever been established, comic or show (it's been awhile since I read the first volume, and my memory sucks either way), how long it was between the zombocalypse & Shane/Lori hooking up?

Rick was still alive, in the hospital before the dead started rising. So, Lori has to assume he died from the zombies, not his GSW.

How cold was his supposed corpse before she started banging his best friend? There wasn't that much hair growth when he woke up. shake my head

335'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC - Page 14 Empty Re: 'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:54 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Girls have needs. :p

336'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC - Page 14 Empty Re: 'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:56 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, but if it was reversed, and Rick started screwing Andrea because he thought Lori was dead, it'd be "too soon, he's a pig, etc.". shake my head

337'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC - Page 14 Empty Re: 'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not to me.. :p

Dude, its a weird scenario... people are eating other people.

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Don't get me wrong, if I was Rick,
Spoiler:
I'd be thinking "Great, now where'm I gonna find p*$$y!?" Laughing

But I'm sayin', with him not really being dead, no matter how long she waits, it's still cheating. And, the longer she waits, the more benefit of the doubt I can give her. If she was like me and was "Oh, shit, my husband's dead, whose lap can I sit on?", that's pretty cold.

And, I thought you were in training all day & couldn't talk to me? tongue

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Im being bad

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:
Dude, its a weird scenario... people are eating other people.
sounds like a typical day at IHOP to me. whimmy wham wham whozzle!

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lol!

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I don't think zombies get rigor mortis Suspect
Yeah huh. tongue

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Has it ever been established, comic or show (it's been awhile since I read the first volume, and my memory sucks either way), how long it was between the zombocalypse & Shane/Lori hooking up?

Rick was still alive, in the hospital before the dead started rising. So, Lori has to assume he died from the zombies, not his GSW.

How cold was his supposed corpse before she started banging his best friend? There wasn't that much hair growth when he woke up. shake my head

In the comic I believe he is in a coma for about a month, but in the show it only looks like he has been in a coma for only a week judging by the decay on the flowers that Shane brings him. Rick did state in the open scene of the show that they were having problems..but she still is a slutty tart Laughing

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^It had too have been longer than a week. I refuse to believe everything went down in just a week.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought, based on the way Shane was questioning Rick at the beginning, and his facial expressions, coupled with the short amount of time after that he and Laurie began hittin' it, that there's a good chance in this adaptation that Shane and Laurie were fucking around before Z-Day, and that's why she left her husband as a buffet so easily (not even a note in the hospital room? At home, just in case he -did- make it? Kind of a bitch thing to do).

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^It had too have been longer than a week. I refuse to believe everything went down in just a week.

Depending on the incubation time from a bite to actually becoming a zombie everything could have happened in a weeks time. Look at the remake of Dawn of the Dead it started out as one bite in a hospital and the next day it was complete zombie outbreak.

superdoug wrote:I thought, based on the way Shane was questioning Rick at the beginning, and his facial expressions, coupled with the short amount of time after that he and Laurie began hittin' it, that there's a good chance in this adaptation that Shane and Laurie were fucking around before Z-Day, and that's why she left her husband as a buffet so easily (not even a note in the hospital room? At home, just in case he -did- make it? Kind of a bitch thing to do).

I think that is the vibe they are going with. In the books she banged him once out of a moment of craziness this looks like she got her crazy on several times Laughing

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

All I know is, I can't wait until
Spoiler:

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

krpykrwly wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
superdoug wrote:

Yes, the zombies were running, but they weren't exactly sprinting. And it's not like they were running so fast that escape wasn't an option. As to the tool-using...well, even the most rudimentary animal life form can recognize something that can be utilized as a possible tool (even if it's just knocking it around till it works). While I would have liked them to stay to Roamers and Lurkers, I also feel like it ups the adrenaline if you're not sure what kind of zombies are in the herd.

As long as they never get as fast as the Snyder Dawn of the Dead zombies, I think it'll all be okay.

Always got to bring a geek fight down 'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC - Page 14 29517 The climbing of the fence was to much of a WTF moment for me...and I will leave it at that. 'The Walking Dead' TV Show to Air on AMC - Page 14 988476

Is it wrong that I feel the need to possibly bone Rick Grimes. Twisted Evil

I don't care if they run, use tools, jump, whatever. I'm just looking for it to be actually established what that is.
In 'Days Gone Bye', they were bamboozled by drawn curtains and quietness and lacked any sort of base intelligence. The focus of this episode, of course, being how humans are surviving mentally during the ordeal. The 'geeks' did little more than rattle a doorknob.
In 'Guts', the zombies met each action of the humans with an equal reaction. Locked out by glass doors? Break the glass. Prey running off? Run after them. Cut off by a chain link fence? Climb the fence. It's like if they took off in a chopper, they'd be met by flying zombies trying shoot them down with laser eyes. Very Happy
Granted, it's only been two episodes but in each one the zombies only performed to give the most tension for the storyline with no status quo for what the zombies are capable of within the genre. Is this 'Night of the Living Dead' (Errrrrrrrrrg. Uggggggggh.), 'Return of the Living Dead' (Send more paramedics.) or a combo of both?

They Ran after Rick at the end of the first episode. They also climbed on top of the tank. Not quit the same as climbing a fence but it shows they will give chase up something for food.
As for the use of the rock, In Night of the Dead, Zombies carried objects and banged them against the house. They weren't using them as a tool it just happened to be something in their hand at the time.

Besides if these are Romero zombies, in Land of the dead they started to use tools, even guns.

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:All I know is, I can't wait until
Spoiler:

Hey, did you have Mary watch that link I sent with you?

Er...nevermind.... I really don't want the answer.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum