Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Apple Con

+11
Gojiratoho
jaydee74
Tripper McGee
Chi-Town Spidey
Hannibal king
(._Y_.)
Silent K
potatojoe
Joshua
Foxy
Rath99
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Big Apple Con Empty Big Apple Con Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:54 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone here going?
Thoughts on the con itself and the guest line up?

2Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:44 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No one I guess.
I'll be going since it's in NYC.

3Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:51 am

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Getting all the Kuberts is a good move. I'd keep an eye on that list though, judging from how Philly and Chicago were handled there will be unannounced cancellations.

I do hope you enjoy the con Rath. Are you getting an normal pass or going VIP?

Be sure to let us know what you thought of the show and Spat, assuming he's still working for them come October.

http://www.foxyart.net

4Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:58 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll be surprised if I ever go to another Wizard-sanctioned convention again.

5Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I went to Philly and was disappointed with the con overall. I spent most of my time at Artist Alley and met some cool people there. It was my girlfriends first con and she had fun and was a big help. For Philly I got the VIP package but I won't be doing that for Big Apple after the mess they made of the VIP packages there and in Chicago.

One reason I'm going is because NYCC isn't until Oct 2010. At Philly I got to meet some col artist who will be at Big Apple. I'm a sketch whore and want to add to my collection. Foxy you're on my list of artist I would like to get a sketch from.

So far artist alley looks good. But where the hell are the exhibitors?

6Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:31 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The artist and guest seem to be pretty cool so far. The exhibitors are weak but I didn't expect a stellar list of exhibitors.

7Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:26 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Holy crap...

From the WUMB, posted by zipbags :

" WTF is going on?!?!? I just got the following email.....

Dear Big Apple Comic-Con Ticket Holder,

We are writing to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control, we are canceling all talent scheduled to appear at the Big Apple Comic-Con including Willem Dafoe, Taylor Kitsch, Jamie Campbell Bower, Cameron Bright, Robert Patrick, Lynn Collins, Ioan Gruffudd and Scott Speedman. We realize that this comes as a great disappointment for we were all looking forward to the show and these talented artists. This is the first time we have had to cancel a scheduled show appearance for our talent however, we must take this necessary action.

All purchases will be fully refunded by check via USPS 1st Class mail. Refund checks for purchases from Patrick, Gruffudd, Speedman and Collins have already been mailed. If you have not yet received your check you can expect to do so within the next 1-3 days (depending upon where you reside). Refund checks for Bower, Bright, Dafoe and Kitsch will be mailed by October 9th.

We are working with the talent to reschedule their appearance at a future show or for a private signing and will keep you posted. In lieu of your interest and support, we will be offering you a special incentive on these signings. Once again, our sincerest apologies and we thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Joe
----------
Joe Lamothe
President
Celebrity Authentics

Just wow. I'm speechless.

8Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked

I wonder what the circumstances of a mass cancellation like that could be?

Last edited by Joshua on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:40 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Shocked
To Wizard's credit, they are offering refunds, which is more than I thought they were capable of.

I wonder what the circumstances of a mass cancellation like that could be?

But it's not Wizard. It's Celebrity Authentics.

Damn! I would be pissed!

10Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:43 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:
But it's not Wizard. It's Celebrity Authentics.
It's pure speculation, but I highly doubt CA just randomly pulled out without some sort of provocation from Wizard.

Edit: Nevermind, I assume you were responding to the refund.

11Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:46 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

True.

On a related note, Why the Fuck is Pete Rose there? Yogi I can see as it being New York, but Charlie Hustle??

12Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:48 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Wow!

13Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:53 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I can't wait to get people's reaction to this con. Rath and Mike Champion, we're going to need a full report.

14Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:57 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wizard declares BANKRUPTCY!!!

coming soon to a newstand near you.... maybe

15Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:58 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:Wizard declares BANKRUPTCY!!!

coming soon to a newstand near you.... maybe

16Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Have you all seen the replies on the WUMB? Zipbags posted again and said that he emailed Spat about it. He emailed zippy back and said he didn't know anything about it.

Another sign that this show is going to be interesting.

17Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:26 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I also noticed Spaz hasnt responded on the board.....

18Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:31 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I only peek in every now and then but he seems to have vanished from the boards post Chicago.

19Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:34 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

From Spatty:

Please hold the speculation until we get an official answer from Celebrity Authentics about what happened and why he's backing out. We're still trying to piece this together. Right now, we know as much as you.

As soon as I have more info for you, I'll post it here.

...yep.

20Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:39 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh gawd

21Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:07 am

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Wowzers, that really sucks for the people attending to see those folks. I really do wonder what happened to make CA pull out? Glad they didn't do that for Chicago though. Regardless hope you have a good time Rath. And definitley give us the scoop when you return.

22Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:40 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This really sucks for those going to see those media guest. I go to a comic con for the comics and the artist. The only celebrity I'll wait to see is Adam West. A lot of the celebs have been canceling and coming back for a while but this seems to be a mass exodus by those represented by Celebrity Authentic. As for Spat not knowing what's going on that doesn't surprise me. He's mentioned a few times that everyone else seems to get the news about celebs before he does.

I will definitely keep the PoP! nation informed about how it goes. I have to order my PoP! shirt to wear out there.

23Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:36 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wowzers....Not really surprised though.

The wumb is a now a rotten old wound that can't be healed. Spat still doesn't know what he's doing...big surprise there.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

24Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spat is saying he's trying to contact those celebs to see if they'll appear without Celebrity Authentic. I doubt that will happen. He also said he doesn't know what happen. It all seems a little odd. Well so far the artist and guest I'm going to see are still going to be there. Hope it stays that way.

25Big Apple Con Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:40 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A little update. One of the guys on WUMB (take it for what it's worth) posted this when he contacted Celebrity Authentics...

200man
I gave celebrity authentics a ring today to see about a refund and ask them what the deal was. The lady I talked to said all refunds will be sent by check and should be out by Oct 6th. I asked why they pulled out of the show. She said wizard kept changing agreements and policies and they no longer felt they could do the show.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum