Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The first scene from The Haunted House

+5
TENIME_art
Splitty
BlueMaxx
Astro13Zombie
Thundermatts
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The first scene from The Haunted House Empty The first scene from The Haunted House Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe this will get more people interested in reading and giving me feedback. I doubt this will post in the correct format but you should get the idea

Fade In

INT. HAUNTED HOUSE. NIGHT

A GIRL is crouched behind a large coffin. The table beneath the coffin is covered with a shroud, it’s frayed edges brushing the floor. The girl bends a bit more, and moves under the table. She’s covered in blood,
some of it is hers, most of it however, is not. The girl presses the side of her face to the floor, peeking out at the bottom of the shroud. She sees nothing and slowly lifts the shroud up. She inches out from her hiding spot.

We see now what has compelled her from a small bit of safety. Across the room, a small chink of moonlight. Silver forcing it’s way into the room from behind boards nailed across a window. The girl stands, her legs shaking, ready to betray her at any time. One more glance left, then right, and she’s running across the room, arms outstretched in front of her. She’s at the window, bloodied fingers prying at the bottom most piece of wood. With a loud squeak, the nails are free and the wood is dropped. It looks to be just big enough. The safety of the woods, seen through the window is too much for the girl. She has to get out there, now! Her fists beat against the glass, breaking it on the fourth hit.

She vaults up and starts to push her self out the window. Her head is clear, her shoulders, her waist. Damn! Her hips are too big. She’s stuck.

EXT. SIDE FIELD - NIGHT

Our view is now one facing her, from the outside. Half of her is forced out of the window, her hands braced against the side of the house, pushing.

GIRL
Dammit! Damn!

Suddenly, a stutter or two, and then a chainsaw ROARS to life somewhere behind her. The girl tries to twist and turn to look back into the house, but she’s completely filling the small gap in the wood slats.

GIRL
Please! No!

The girl shakes her head from side to side, spit and snot streaming down her face as she struggles to free herself.

GIRL
Why are you doing this? What did
we do to you?

She gets no answer; the chainsaw is closer behind her now. The pitch changes, from her arms flailing wildly, and the blood spraying from her lips, we know the chainsaw is tearing through her flesh. The saw is back to it’s normal pitch, clear of her body. The girl’s front half falls free from the window and out of frame, trailing a length of intestine.

FADE TO

TITLE

THE HAUNTED HOUSE

2The first scene from The Haunted House Empty Re: The first scene from The Haunted House Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:17 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

wub

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My ass was clenched.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Um. Thanks? lol right?

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

NICE!!!

Once I knew where you were going, I was really hoping it would result in her top half torso falling out, and you did not disappoint. Intenstines too!!!
I love you

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thanks! remember people, im looking for some feedback for a future draft/ rewrite so anyone who digs this can pm me their email and get the whole thing (it's only 63 pages)

7The first scene from The Haunted House Empty Re: The first scene from The Haunted House Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:12 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:The table beneath the coffin is covered with a shroud, it’s frayed edges brushing the floor.

There shouldn't be an apostrophe in "its".

Thundermatts wrote:Silver forcing it’s way into the room from behind boards nailed across a window.

This is a sentence fragment, and again, there should not be an apostrophe in "its".

And, that's as far as I got, as I'm at work, and can't even read comics uninterrupted, forget long message board posts.

8The first scene from The Haunted House Empty Re: The first scene from The Haunted House Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:28 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've read the whole thing. I liked it alot. I could see this being a movie. Although 80's slasher film might fit with what the characters are saying and how they're acting but, the interior of the haunted house takes on a very modern feel.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

63 pages plus 12 minutes of hard rock montages and opening credits sequences = 75 minute diamond in an ice storm erection of horrory goodness.

http://realityfugitives.com/

10The first scene from The Haunted House Empty Re: The first scene from The Haunted House Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lol. I blocked out all the scenes in my mind (Horror scripts are usually only 60 to 70 opages it seems. Before the shooting script obviously) and the flick was about an hour and forty two minutes. BUt of course, some people may shoot things differently than I did in my head.

And Tenime why don't you read the whole damn thig and edit all that for me lol. i hate that kind of stuff.

11The first scene from The Haunted House Empty Re: The first scene from The Haunted House Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:19 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:And Tenime why don't you read the whole damn thig and edit all that for me lol. i hate that kind of stuff.

I'd love to. I love proofreading.

But you gonna pay me for it? Wink

12The first scene from The Haunted House Empty Re: The first scene from The Haunted House Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:43 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:And Tenime why don't you read the whole damn thig and edit all that for me lol. i hate that kind of stuff.

I'd love to. I love proofreading.

But you gonna pay me for it? Wink
he'll pay you in dollhairs... and you can put them on your head homer simpson style Twisted Evil

http://realityfugitives.com/

13The first scene from The Haunted House Empty Re: The first scene from The Haunted House Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:24 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Holy hell, this was awesome to read.

14The first scene from The Haunted House Empty Re: The first scene from The Haunted House Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:27 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thanks man. want to read it all?

15The first scene from The Haunted House Empty Re: The first scene from The Haunted House Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:57 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dang. Your's is probably better.
http://www.hauntedhousethemovie.com/

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum