Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Thor' Thread

+47
goatt
Gojiratoho
Gandicles
Foxy
Denim
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Astro13Zombie
vikoros
krpykrwly
Lee
Batman25JM
colossus1979
The_Donster
Warren_Worthington IV
Sapphire Gypsy
riv1
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
Airwolf
Mnemosis
rwe1138
Spazzy
Paroxysm
G_Zatara
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
TENIME_art
supervenom
Fresh03
dmahoney
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
Joshua
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
superdoug
Rath99
Bigtymin504
Sandman
Nymn
Aussiemandias
shining knight
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Administrator
51 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 17]

376The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:56 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ah well, this is what makes all this posting worthwhile. Differing opinions. Next summer, the post counts will RISE!

Or, next summer, the post counts WILL rise!

Or, next summer, the POST COUNTS will rise!

Just trying to cover everyone's varied opinions...!

377The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:53 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I AM SPARTACUS! sorry couldn't be helped. lol

378The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:23 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ha!

379The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lol!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

380The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:08 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I need to get a replica hammer for my desk at the office...

381The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:24 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ha! That'd be awesome. I actually named my bowling ball mlojinar back in the day

382The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know what I find odd? There's been no sighting or mention of Balder. He's kind of an important supporting character, I'd be surprised if they leave him out completely. Maybe he has a really really small role? scratch

383The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe they're saving him for a sequel when they can devote more time to him? It'd be a huge oversight not to have him show up at some point.

384The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah I think so too. But I would've at least had him show up in the first. I haven't seen his name on any casting lists so it seems like he won't be in it.

385The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:40 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I knew it was coming.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/dec/17/white-supremacists-boycott-thor

Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC and KKK...coincidence?) statement:

Norse mythology gets a multi-cultural remake in the upcoming movie titled “Thor,” by Marvel studios. It’s not enough that Marvel attacks conservative values and promotes the left-wing, now mythological Gods must be re-invented with black skin.

It seems that Marvel Studios believes that white people should have nothing that is unique to themselves. An upcoming movie, based on the comic book Thor, will give Norse mythology an insulting multi-cultural make-over. One of the Gods will be played by Hip Hop DJ Idris Elba.

First of all, I like how they decided to totally ignore Idris Elba's accomplished acting career and simply call him a "Hip Hop DJ", something he apparently did over a decade ago. That said, do they not understand that these are the Marvel versions of the Norse gods called Asgardians? They are loosely based on the myths in the first place with several differences. They are in actuality extra-dimensional beings that were worshiped as gods thousands of years ago. Plus, Asgardians have been shown to be somewhat racially diverse, just look at Hogun the Grim of the Warriors Three, so it's not unheard of. Marvel Studios decided to cast a black actor to play Heimdall, a minor character in the comics and film, get over it.

386The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:53 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I know! Idris Elba DJs? Didn't know that over his fine acting career. Laughing

I, uh, find it funny that they have something to say over an interpretation of a comicbook universe's interpretation of a mythology that is laden with alterations of its folklore by Norseman.

I imagine the neo-Nazi groups that still worship the Norse gods have their fingers in this racist pie of the CCC--as BigTymin so astutely put, the new KKK--and that's why they're taking action; taking up whining. They're associates are getting a wedgey. Also, they don't seem to mind Anthony Hopkins, a Welshman, playing the creator god, Odin.

Uh oh, Natalie Portman is of Israeli descent and is playing Jane Foster, the love interest to Thor. But they wouldn't bring that up. They're afraid their agenda would be too blunt and connections too transparent. Wouldn't want to come off as, you know, too racist. Rolling Eyes

I hope Isaiah Bradley is in Captain America, just to hurt these douches enjoyment for all the wrong reasons of that upcoming film. (Probably the same people who liked 300 for all the wrong reasons.)

Poor Tadanobu Asano, he'll be next.

387The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:26 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn, people are so...dumb sometimes. Heh, i wonder what they'd say if they knew someone like me was Asatru.

388The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 500x_custom_1292775550465_picture_116

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

389The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

French poster

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Thor-movie-poster-french-01

390The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:15 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pissed off Thunder God...

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Thor-goes-grrr

391The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:30 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Thou didst not reckon with the might of Thor, knave!"

tongue

392The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:41 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thor and Cap at the Golden Globes!

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Chris%2BEvans%2BBlog%2B160111%2B014

393The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Full French poster:

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Frenchthor1

394The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I simply cannot wait for this movie to come out. Everyone looks pretty damn awesome.

395The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I simply cannot wait for this movie to come out. Everyone looks pretty damn awesome.

QFT

396The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm certainly intrigued by the movie, but as an enormous Thor fan I think my brain and my heart aren't letting me get too excited as a defense mechanism.

397The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like Iron Man before, I don't care about the character, but I have a feeling - like Iron Man - that this movie will change that.

398The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:11 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joey Q on Twitter:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=28865

After 2 weeks on the road, I'm finally ready to break my silence. I have been to Asgard, I have walked the rainbow bridge & it was AMAZING!

I don't want to jinx it, but this is going to be the first super hero movie with tons of appeal for gals not into the genre.

I will admit, I got a bit teary in a spot or two. Branagh's vision is simply remarkable, Marvel fans will rejoice.

The cast and performances are wonderful and Hemsworth will be a superstar.

Cut I saw wasn't final and I don't say stuff like this lightly, but I can't wait for opening night and to see what you all think.

Also got to see some Cap and Avengers stuff, but my lips are sealed for now... OH GOD IT'S SO HARD TO KEEP A SECRET!!!!!

Okay, okay, listen close. So in Avengers - - oh god - - you're not going to believe this - - but just when you least expect it, out of nowh

Dang this 140 character thing! Ah, got to run, dinner's ready, I'll tell ya later.

thumbs up

399The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:20 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Don't forget Thor! Wink

400The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:42 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=34003 Wink Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum