Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Superman/Action Comics

+12
Mnemosis
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
rwe1138
Administrator
Batman25JM
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
Bigtymin504
LOOSECANNON
Joshua
Metal Misfit
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:51 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton #2

You know what I kept thinking to myself as I read this? "If this were the 90's, I'd be all over this". Meaning, it's not bad, but the writing just feels dated.

102Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^agreed.

103Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

John Cassaday will be doing covers for JMS's run!

Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Sm_cv701_11

Good to see top level talent on Supes again. He needs to return to the top of the industry.

104Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I really like that pic.

105Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:33 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman #888

This whole Nightwing/Flamebird/Vohc/Rao story seems completely out of place at this point. New Krypton is being ravaged by Brainiac, and we're dealing with this mystic origin story on earth? This arc should have wrapped up months ago so Chris and Thara could play a more cohesive role in LSoNK. This story turned into one big Red Hulk - who cares?

1.5 out of 5 - eagerly anticipating a new arc.

106Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:57 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

anyone else read Superman 80 page giant?

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

107Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:anyone else read Superman 80 page giant?

Yep

108Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:40 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:anyone else read Superman 80 page giant?

I bought it, but I haven't read it yet. I haven't read the JLA, JSA, or Batman 80 Pages Giants yet either, but I bought them as well.

109Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:02 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman #699 & Last Stand of New Krypton #3

These weren't bad, but not great either. These issues put a cap on the LSoNK arc, and I admit, they did give me two 'OH SHIT!' moments. Though, within the same issue they were also resolved.

First moment..
Spoiler:

Though, Lex is a wily bastard..

Second moment..
Spoiler:

If they made that scene the cliffhanger of a previous issue, it might have given the arc some much needed flair. I think they had some good ideas in this arc, the problem was just the execution.

Action Comics #889

Still crap

110Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun May 02, 2010 2:35 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

War of the Supermen #0

I thought this was a decent setup issue, especially for a Free Comic Book Day release. Despite the lackluster previous arc, I'm still looking forward to this war.

111Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun May 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman #699 & Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton #3

These get a big meh. They weren't bad, just not that exciting. The two biggest shocks in the story were fixed up almost immediately.

This whole arc/crossover/event has been pretty blah. It really stalled quickly. It just seemed like it took a 4 issue story and stretched it out into 9 issues. Not a whole hell of a lot happened in the story as a whole.

I did like having Superman, Superboy, and Supergirl together. That's always nice.

I'm going to miss Mon-El being in the present.

I'm glad this is over, and hopefully the War of the Supermen will be better.

112Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun May 02, 2010 4:57 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:It just seemed like it took a 4 issue story and stretched it out into 9 issues. Not a whole hell of a lot happened in the story as a whole.

I kinda thought that myself. I have a feeling they didn't want the story to compete with Blackest Night, so they stretched it so that War of Supermen would come after BN. Problem is, they didn't have enough plot developments to merit taking it to these extra months, which just created alot of filler. Oh well. Maybe with no event to compete with, War of Supermen will be more focused

113Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:48 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman/Batman Annual #4

Fans have been requesting it for years, and we finally got it. Terry Mcginnis, aka, Batman Beyond has made his official comic debut! I have to say, I loved the art by Guedes. I think it really was a great match for this story. The story itself? My socks weren't blown off, but it was fun nonetheless. I think fans of the character will enjoy the book more than the casual reader, moreso for getting their nostalgia fix. In fact, the story reminded of something you might actually see in the cartoon (which in no way is a knock against it).

Final verdict?

3.5 out of 5 wrinkled comic icons

114Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:John Cassaday will be doing covers for JMS's run!

Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Sm_cv701_11

Good to see top level talent on Supes again. He needs to return to the top of the industry.
That is one gorgeous cover. I love it. Wait. John Cassady works at DC now?

115Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:21 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, that cover is amazing. I SO wish that Cassaday was doing the interior art.

116Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:26 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman/Batman Annual #4 was SOLD OUT from 2 stores in NY fucking C! I just ordered it on ebay Sad

117Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:17 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't stand the wait for JMS' run. I need some good Superman stories and I have a feeling he will deliver.

118Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:53 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I can't stand the wait for JMS' run. I need some good Superman stories and I have a feeling he will deliver.

While I haven't been a fan of most of JMS's work over the last few years, he definitely can focus on character development, which I think the Superman books could use right now. With that said, my initial hesitancy has turned into curiosity as to what he'll bring to Superman and Wonder Woman

119Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:34 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting quote from JMS in the recent Wizard. Yeah I know, I was surprised too.. Laughing

Wizard: Having worked at Marvel for so long and now being at DC, is there a 'house approach' to how the publishers tackle their respective stories?

JMS: "DC now feels to me as Marvel did when I first came there to write Spiderman. Marvel was in a mood to take chances by bringing in unique voices and letting them take a character and just play. DC at the time was viewed as more corporate, as more editorially intrusive. Now.. that seems to have flipped. The editorial hand at Marvel seems heavier and a bit more top-heavy, with a kind of sameness permeating what's been done, whereas DC seems energized and ready to go out there and take risks, be inventive, and give creators more latitude to just go out and do what they want."

Now, I've made it no secret that I've absolutely hated what JMS did with Spiderman over the years. But I don't take away from the man the fact that he can craft an interesting story. Another comment he made was that for the first year, he's really going to focus on character development instead of big action stories, which I just stated above seems like a smart thing to do.

So I have to admit, I'm slowly getting excited for what JMS plans to bring to the table.

120Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paul Cornell goes DC exclusive
http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/06/22/action-comics-writer-paul-cornell-exclusive-to-dc-comics/

Keep an eye on him, I think he will do great things at DC. Sadly, no more Marvel work from him for awhile. Sad

121Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:32 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Paul Cornell goes DC exclusive
http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/06/22/action-comics-writer-paul-cornell-exclusive-to-dc-comics/

Keep an eye on him, I think he will do great things at DC. Sadly, no more Marvel work from him for awhile. Sad

What else did he write?

122Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Paul Cornell goes DC exclusive

What else did he write?

Captain Britain and MI: 13 which was a widely acclaimed run, as well as Dark X-Men and Black Widow: Deadly Origin, both great minis. Also some solid Young Avengers work.

123Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:41 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gotcha

124Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Absolute All Star Superman

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/06/22/read-chip-kidd%E2%80%99s-intro-to-absolute-all-star-superman/

Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Absoass2

cool

125Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:16 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Absolute All Star Superman

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/06/22/read-chip-kidd%E2%80%99s-intro-to-absolute-all-star-superman/

Superman/Action Comics - Page 5 Absoass2

cool
Oh wow! Gorgeous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum