Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Favorite Moments in Sports

+14
(._Y_.)
The Ignored One
Combo Mo
Off_White_Lantern
melvinlikechris
Tom
Joshua
Heytherejeffro
Fresh03
Rath99
Thundermatts
hrdwrkngXsoldier
prescribeddrone
ChrisToPhenom
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:57 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd love to hear some of the PoPper's favorite moments in sports!

Begin!

2Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:58 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not a sports type of guy Smile

3Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:05 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I'm not a sports type of guy Smile
Hahaha. Same here but I can see myself getting more into the NBA and NFL craze as I get older and all. Somehow, wrestling is my thing now...

4Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:46 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have a couple, mostly MLB games I attended or was Bat Boy for. My Uncle Von played 12 Seasons in the pros so baseball was the first sport I cared about. I remember meeting Mike Schmidt, Dale Murphy, John Kruk, Lenny Dystra, It was so cool growing up around it. Unfortunately in college my first go round I proved that I can't hit 90+ mph fastballs, so I never progressed beyond practice squad.

As for memeroable moments, I have to say there were a couple from games I was at.

1) Kirby Puckett (5'8) leaping the wall to rob Ron Gant of a HR in the world series.
2) Jim Abbot's no hitter.
3) My Uncle Von hitting 2 HRs in the first inning.
4) Fernando Tatis Hitting 2 Grandlsams in one inning.
5) Game 7 of the 2001 World series when Randy Johnson came in in the 8th Inning and the Dbacks rallied to win in the bottom of the 9th.

NFL memories, are all from TV
1) Peyton Manning and the Colts getting the Franchise's first Superbowl. Man was that an ugly game though.
2) Eli Manning playing with nothing but heart and thwarting the Patriots 18-0 season attempt, winning the superbowl in the last minute.

5Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eli Manning has to be the most unlikable whiny douche bag in the history of sports. I would never wish a career ending injury on anyone, but I wish someone would cause him a career ending injury.

And hmmmmmmmmm.... lets see... fave sports moments? When Krum caught the snitch despite being down.

Ha! real sports moments? let me think about it.

6Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:55 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I celebrate that more as Brady and the Pats loosing than Manning-lite winning.

7Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

October 25, 1986. Game 6 of the 1986 World Series. This is th Bill Buckner game. I have a framed picture of this on my wall that is autographed by Buckner and Mookie Wilson.

Your Favorite Moments in Sports Bill_buckner_mookie_wilson_plaque_large

Super Bowl XXV - NY Giants vs. Buffalo Bills. This is the wide right game.

Super Bowl XLII - NY Giants vs. New England Patriots. Watching my team be big underdogs and ruin the Pats quest at an undefeated season was great!

Watching Magic Johnson play at MSG. Awesom sight!

8Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Eli Manning has to be the most unlikable whiny douche bag in the history of sports. I would never wish a career ending injury on anyone, but I wish someone would cause him a career ending injury.

You have NEVER heard Eli whine about anything. You may not like his expressions on the field but he doesn't whine.

9Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:08 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Being drafted. Non stop. Guess what? Nobody likes who they're drafted by, you don';t whine like a pussy until they get sick of your dumb ass and trade you. he's a little bitch who is not half of what his brother or father is. One of the least deserving professional athletes out there. Just a giant tool bag loser.

10Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:10 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Being drafted. Non stop. Guess what? Nobody likes who they're drafted by, you don';t whine like a pussy until they get sick of your dumb ass and trade you. he's a little bitch who is not half of what his brother or father is. One of the least deserving professional athletes out there. Just a giant tool bag loser With a Super Bowl ring.

That's better.

I guess your not a fan of John Elway

11Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Joe Montana's last drive in the 89 Superbowl, 3 minutes to go, 92 yards to cover, Joe picks the Bengals appart and tosses the winning touch down to John Taylor with 30 seconds left, just illustrated how good Montana was.

My other favorite is my Detroit Pistons taking out the heavily favored Lakers in the 2004 NBA finals in five games.

12Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:16 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:I celebrate that more as Brady and the Pats loosing than Manning-lite winning.
Eat shit
Rath99 wrote:October 25, 1986. Game 6 of the 1986 World Series. This is th Bill Buckner game. I have a framed picture of this on my wall that is autographed by Buckner and Mookie Wilson.

Super Bowl XLII - NY Giants vs. New England Patriots. Watching my team be big underdogs and ruin the Pats quest at an undefeated season was great!
Fuck off.

Your Favorite Moments in Sports 887618 Haters.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

13Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:I celebrate that more as Brady and the Pats loosing than Manning-lite winning.
Eat shit
Rath99 wrote:October 25, 1986. Game 6 of the 1986 World Series. This is th Bill Buckner game. I have a framed picture of this on my wall that is autographed by Buckner and Mookie Wilson.

Fuck off.

Your Favorite Moments in Sports 887618 Haters.

LOL..I don't root against Boston teams...Just happens that 2 of my favorite moments come against Boston teams

14Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:26 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know, I like the Celtics.

Was even born in concord mass.

But I'm a colt's fan, as a colt's fan, I have obligation to hate Brady and the Patriots. I will also cheer for boston in anygame that isn't against the mariners or the Dbacks.

15Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was just fucking with you guys. I'm not a homer in that regard, you're allowed to hate on my teams, as long as I'm allowed to know that you're wrong.

16Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nolan Ryan's 5,000th strikeout.

Robin Ventura charging the mound after being nailed by a Nolan Ryan fastball.
From Wikipedia:
In an enduring image many people recall from 1993, Ventura was hit by a pitch in the ribs by Nolan Ryan, the hardthrowing Texas Rangers legend. Ventura charged the mound, and Ryan seized him in a headlock with his left arm and landed six blows to the head and face of the younger player before Rangers catcher Iván Rodríguez separated the two players. Ventura and White Sox manager Gene Lamont were then ejected from the game. Ventura was suspended for two-games and criticized by commentators. He would be booed in Texas for the remainder of his career.

Randy Johnson's bird ball:

17Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:35 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Robin Ventura charging the mound after being nailed by a Nolan Ryan fastball.
You know I actually found out why Ryan beat his ass so badly. Apparently, Nolan had only been charged once previously, and he basically dropped into the fetal position. I guess he was pretty embarrassed about that and vowed that if it occurred again, he'd rectify the situation.

I guess it worked out for him.

18Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:05 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

I didn't attend any sporting events until I was 18, even though I loved sports for as long as I can remember. My first event: Game 1 1995 playoffs. Yanks vs. Seattle. Got to see my childhood hero, Don Mattingly, play his 2nd to last career game. He got a hit. David Cone pitched. I rode the subway into the Bronx and there were TONS of people with "Cone-head" outfits on. I teared up during the national anthem. The stadium looked so much better in person than on tv. I was pissed that that no talent hack of a manger Showalter (sp?) had Jeter on the bench, and put Tony "I-can't-hit-for-shit" Fernandez in @ SS. Griffey smacked 2 HRs. Yanks won. Great day.

19Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:12 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

2nd favorite: Cutting work and had my little bro cut school so that we could go together to the Yankee parade after the WS in 96.

3rd: NY Rangers winning the Cup in 1994

4th: @ Nassau Coliseum watching the Rangers Cloutier beat the-ever-living-stuffing out of Tommy Salo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqp19EdCvJg

5th: Going to Detroit in 97 and seeing Barry Sanders play on Thanksgiving day.

20Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:50 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:

5th: Going to Detroit in 97 and seeing Barry Sanders play on Thanksgiving day.

I wasn't big into football really when he played. I've watched a lot of old game footage and documentry on the guy and, damn was he beautiful. I hope to one day see the next Barry Sanders, I feel like I missed out on watching greatness.

21Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:59 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't say i have fave moment, but nothing beats a good ice hockey punch up

they're not hooligans, they're just passionate Smile

22Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:27 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Sid Breams slide.

23Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:40 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

24Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

That was awesome.
But they didn't celebrate that HR long enough. tongue

25Your Favorite Moments in Sports Empty Re: Your Favorite Moments in Sports Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:07 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

My new Favorite moments. This chick is gangsta.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum