Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trades

+54
supervenom
alucardbarnivous
The Ignored One
BigSoupCan
joegavilan
boberthavok
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Heytherejeffro
elijahdprophet
WonderWoman2.0
Warren_Worthington IV
vikoros
Spazzy
kidspider2099
KingJoffers
Chief Kamachi
DickGrayson007
THALASTDRAGON
TheUncannyJim
Foreigner_Man
Rath99
GigaToast
Spaced4SimonPegg
shiky800
pink*lantern
Metal Misfit
shining knight
wickidchyld
MikeSabian
dmahoney
Velociraptor DJ
r3l0ad
potatojoe
JessJupiter
Administrator
Goof
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
jaydee74
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
BlueMaxx
Matt
LordD3r3k
AlienIncognito
andy546
Thundermatts
Tom
pumkinheadfan
prescribeddrone
Batman25JM
Joshua
Aussiemandias
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 23]

51Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:56 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goof wrote:I got Sinestro Corps War Vol 1 and 2. I read volume one last night. This is good stuff! Smile

I loved that arc. I would also recommend Tales of the Sinestro Corps. It's not a must read, but it does have some interesting stuff.

52Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 pm

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns was next on my list but I will check out Tales of the Sinestro Corps! Thanks comicgeekelly. Very Happy

53Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:23 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Actually I might say that Rage of the Red Lanterns is better than Tales. I'd say keep Tales in your mind as something to get in the future. If you're reading Blackest Night, RotRL is the way to go for sure.

54Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm "waiting for the trades" for Blackest Night. Sad It's tough! REALLY TOUGH! Smile

55Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:32 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hang in there. And stay away from spoilers. Smile

56Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:51 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Doctor Who Classics volume 2.

57Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:57 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Recently read Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War.

Any thoughts?

I was told to stay away from Infinity Crusade...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

58Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:50 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Over the weekend I completed the first Starman Omnibus. Highly recommended.

59Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:57 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Today I went to a Comic Convention in Westford, MA. Here's what I bought and the added totals at the end. Some surprisingly good finds here for a Con, I was pretty shocked at what I found for so heavy a discount. Some of these dealers were selling trades for 70% off, or at the very least $5 paperbacks, $10 hardcovers.

DC:
-Batman: Arkham Asylum: Living Hell (PB) – 2004 – Slott<<<just re-released version.
-Batman: Hush (PB) – 2009 – Loeb<<<complete version.
-Flash & Green Lantern: The Brave & The Bold (PB) – 2001 – Waid
-Lex Luthor: Man of Steel (PB) – 2006 – Azzarello
-Nightwing: Year One (PB) – 2005 – Dixon<<<out of print.
-Superman: Red Son (PB) - 2009 – Millar
-Superman: The Return of Superman (PB) – 1993 – Jurgens
-Superman/Batman: Supergirl (PB) – 2005 – Loeb

Marvel:
-Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Collection, Book 2 (PB) – 2009 – Straczynski
-Black Widow (Marvel Knights) (PB) – 2001 – Grayson
-Black Widow: Homecoming (PB) – 2005 – Morgan
-Captain America: Omnibus, Vol. 1 (HC) – 2007 – Brubaker<<<$40
-Deadpool: Classic, Vol. 3 (PB) – 2009 – Kelly<<<this isn't even out yet at Amazon.
-The Hood: Blood From Stones MAX (HC) – 2007 – Vaughan<<<hell yeah!
-Iron Man: Doomquest (HC) – 2008 – Michelinie
-Marvel 1985 (PB) – 2009 – Millar
-She-Hulk: Vol. 3: Time Trials (PB) – 2006 – Slott
-Storm (PB) – 2008 – Dickey
-Supreme Power: Vol. 2 MAX (HC) – 2007 – Straczynski<<<bigger version that contains Vol. 3 & Hyperion trades.
-Vision: Yesterday & Tomorrow (PB) – 2005 – Johns
-X-Men: Decimation: X-Men – The 198 (PB) – 2006 – Hine
-X-Men: Phoenix Rising (PB) - 2009 – Stern
-X-Men: Supernovas (PB) – 2008 – Carey
-X-Men: X-Tinction Agenda (PB) – 1998 – Claremont<<<try finding this book!
-Young Avengers: Sidekicks (PB) – 2006 – Heinburg
-Young Avengers: Family Matters (PB) – 2006 – Heinburg

Indy:
-Chew: Vol. 1, Taster’s Choice (PB) – 2009 – Layman
-Top Ten: Book 1 (PB) – 2001 – Moore

Retail Price: $573
Amazon Price: $427
Comic Show Price: 28 books (including one $40 omnibus) for $250

Along this purchase I found some hard-to-find toys, including the infamous Bullseye 3 3/4" Marvel Universe figure that I've searched the world for. Also got Moon Knight's MU figure & Joker's also hard-to-get DC Infinite Heroes 3 3/4" figure.

Shout out to Rob Guillory from Chew for signing the trade I just got at the show. Normally I don't bother w/ the meetings/signings but this wasn't a typical "madhouse" convention where there are long lines and you can't move. It was kinda dead which is expected after Thanksgiving/X-Mas shopping season and they let me in before it even started.

60Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:02 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^^ Holy shit those were some damn good finds.

61Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:35 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I bought Chew. Have so much backup for upcoming events that I need to read, that it'll probably be awhile before I get around to it.

62Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:20 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Trades - Page 3 O_GLWW_cvr_1
I was really shocked-despite my love of J.M. DeMatteis-how good Green Lantern: Willworld was. Starts of surreal and then comes together at the end, and reveals what is going on. Really enjoyed it. Never got into Green Lantern stuff, really, but this is a recommended read, especially if you're a fan. Seth Fisher's art really adds to the vibe of the story. Trancends the fourth wall and mythos of Green Lantern in the best of ways. 4 out of 5.

63Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:32 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman Hush (Complete)
Trades - Page 3 Batman-hush-batman-2822031-695-394
Can't believe it took me this long to get around to reading this. Really cool read. Although, when it came out, everyone acted all befuddled as to who Hush was. Was it really that difficult? I didn't really know anything about Hush before reading this, other than he's replaced Bruce Wayne in current DC continuity. This was an easy mystery, but the pieces, the clues, were fun to look at.
Trades - Page 3 Batman619b

64Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've just finished the hardcover of Secret War by Bendis and Gabriele Dell'Otto. This was a good one to get as a hardcover I thought due to the, at times beautiful, art.

Great concept but, I don't know, just didn't quite get me totally engaged. Not terrible by any means but I just found something a bit lacking. Maybe it's partly to do with the fact that I have this constant feeling that I just don't buy Steve Rogers going along with Nick Fury's tactics.

There were definitely parts I really enjoyed. One scene I thought was great was when everyone turned up on the plane for Latveria. That totally reminded me of the episode of Lost where a very similar thing happens.

I guess a sign that the main story didn't totally grab me was in the extras Fury talks about his back up mission if the first one fails which involves dropping Hulk at one end of Latveria, the Punisher at the other and Sentry, War Machine, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye and Spider-Woman in a bit later to wreak havoc. Now that story sounds like wild, crazy fun! Wink

65Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:22 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:I've just finished the hardcover of Secret War by Bendis and Gabriele Dell'Otto. This was a good one to get as a hardcover I thought due to the, at times beautiful, art.

Great concept but, I don't know, just didn't quite get me totally engaged. Not terrible by any means but I just found something a bit lacking. Maybe it's partly to do with the fact that I have this constant feeling that I just don't buy Steve Rogers going along with Nick Fury's tactics.

There were definitely parts I really enjoyed. One scene I thought was great was when everyone turned up on the plane for Latveria. That totally reminded me of the episode of Lost where a very similar thing happens.

I guess a sign that the main story didn't totally grab me was in the extras Fury talks about his back up mission if the first one fails which involves dropping Hulk at one end of Latveria, the Punisher at the other and Sentry, War Machine, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye and Spider-Woman in a bit later to wreak havoc. Now that story sounds like wild, crazy fun! Wink

As big a Bendis fan as I am I didn't much care for Secret War either. The premise is fine, but I don't know, it just didn't thrill me that much. It's pretty much the only thing of Bendis' that I've read that I haven't really enjoyed (I even liked House of M).

I didn't care much for the art. For me, that kind of art is fine for covers, but I don't like it for interiors.

66Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

BlueMaxx wrote:Trades - Page 3 O_GLWW_cvr_1
I was really shocked-despite my love of J.M. DeMatteis-how good Green Lantern: Willworld was. Starts of surreal and then comes together at the end, and reveals what is going on. Really enjoyed it. Never got into Green Lantern stuff, really, but this is a recommended read, especially if you're a fan. Seth Fisher's art really adds to the vibe of the story. Trancends the fourth wall and mythos of Green Lantern in the best of ways. 4 out of 5.
I so want to read this one and complete Fisher's Fantastic Four/Iron Man: Big in Japan. He was such an amazing artist.

The problem with Secret War is that it seems like Bendis started the story in some point and due to the lateness in shipping, changed everything he originally planned, coming up with an horrendous ending. What irritates me more is that when the final scene was reworked by Alex Maleev in an issue of New Avengers during Secret Invasion, it was retconned so Spider Woman would be there. Ugh...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

67Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:56 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
The problem with Secret War is that it seems like Bendis started the story in some point and due to the lateness in shipping, changed everything he originally planned, coming up with an horrendous ending. What irritates me more is that when the final scene was reworked by Alex Maleev in an issue of New Avengers during Secret Invasion, it was retconned so Spider Woman would be there. Ugh...
I was still on my comics sabbatical at the time it original came out so I'm not familiar with what was happening. There were big delays were there? Now that you mention it that kind of makes sense if there was a direction change because that's how it felt reading the trade. Giving it some more thought I think the big screw up is that there should have been this huge flashback to what really happened in Latveria a year earlier and, instead, Bendis focuses on this fight in New York and barely even hints at what exactly went down in Latveria. I feel that that's where the real story was and yet he didn't give us much of a look at it.

In the trade they even give a fair bit of background info into the design process for the heroes stealth costumes so it seems a bit of work went into that yet in the actual book we barely get to see those costumes.

68Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:
I was still on my comics sabbatical at the time it original came out so I'm not familiar with what was happening. There were big delays were there? Now that you mention it that kind of makes sense if there was a direction change because that's how it felt reading the trade. Giving it some more thought I think the big screw up is that there should have been this huge flashback to what really happened in Latveria a year earlier and, instead, Bendis focuses on this fight in New York and barely even hints at what exactly went down in Latveria. I feel that that's where the real story was and yet he didn't give us much of a look at it.

In the trade they even give a fair bit of background info into the design process for the heroes stealth costumes so it seems a bit of work went into that yet in the actual book we barely get to see those costumes.

Yeah, I thought that was odd. I remember when I read the trade I was wondering why so much thought went into costumes that were seen in what a couple panels if that (it's been a while since I've read it)?

69Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:03 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:

Yeah, I thought that was odd. I remember when I read the trade I was wondering why so much thought went into costumes that were seen in what a couple panels if that (it's been a while since I've read it)?[/quote]
Yeah that's right. You hardly even see them. I think the change of direction midstream theory is a good one because it would explain a lot. It does feel very odd that the incidents in Latveria are only hinted at.

70Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:16 am

JessJupiter

JessJupiter
Pirate
Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:I bought Chew. Have so much backup for upcoming events that I need to read, that it'll probably be awhile before I get around to it.

I personally can't wait to read this! My boyfriend just got it for Christmas from a friend, so I get to steal it from him!

Also, there's a new Fear Agent trade that I need to pick up!

http://www.jessjupiter.webs.com

71Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:07 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Here's my recent purchase from eBay:

The Walking Dead HC Books 1 & 2
Green Lantern: Rage of the ed Lanterns, Agent Orange, Secret Origin
Green Lantern Corps: Emerald Eclipse

All for $72 w/ shipping. Not too shabby @ all.

72Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:18 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Picked up these trades at my local Comic book shop during their 50% off holiday sale:

Swamp Thing 3,4,7,8

73Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:47 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman: Red Son. Hand down the best Superman tale I've ever read.

74Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:06 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

potatojoe wrote:Superman: Red Son. Hand down the best Superman tale I've ever read.

Just read that. Pretty darn incredible Elseworlds tale. As for as books that aren't in the Superman continuity, it's among the best. I still love Mark Waid's Birth Right and Adam Morrison's All-Star Superman. Hard for me to distinguish...

75Trades - Page 3 Empty Re: Trades Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:15 am

r3l0ad

r3l0ad
Cadet
Cadet

Besides for Watchmen, I have not touched a comic in about 18 months.
Went to half price books with $12 went home with:

The Killer Volume 1 (v. 1) (Hardcover)
Batman and Son (Paperback)
The Umbrella Academy

Thinking of visiting a comic shop next week. Anyone have any must buys of the past year or so?

http://twitter.com/r3l0ad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum