Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

+12
deadbolt85
supervenom
Joshua
Administrator
Ben Akers
jaydee74
superdoug
Jherek
rwe1138
shining knight
MillionDollarGeek
Aussiemandias
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah Sad

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

102Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:29 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:So. Giles dies. By Angel. And he does it the same way he killed Jenny Calendar? Really? dry

This whole series has been so bitterly disappointing to me. I've been reading since issue #1 and I've just found this final plot in particular so convoluted and kind of uninteresting quite frankly. I love these characters and yet I find myself not caring.

Also, I've said this before but with a such a large cast where telling them apart is important and also the characters looking like who they're based on also being important...I just hope they get a different artist for season 9. I'm sure Jeanty is just right for some books but I wouldn't say this is one of them - it doesn't suit his skills. I'm not even sure I'll be back for season 9 at this stage - I'm a bit disillusioned.

Last edited by Aussiemandias on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

103Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:51 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been checking out the book on and off since #1 and I actually found the whole thing underwhelming but that's just a personal opinion. More times than not, I find comics based on a television or movie franchise are never as good.

104Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:So. Giles dies. By Angel. And he does it the same way he killed Jenny Calendar? Really? dry

Really? Ugh.

I dropped this book around issue 34 or so, and while I purchased them, I haven't read anything after the Fray stuff. I'll be honest, while there was some stuff I liked, the book just felt off. It didn't feel completely like the show. Honestly, I think the format hurt the book. With them being able to do pretty much anything, it let them get away from the core of what Buffy is/was. All the silly, over the top stuff was just dumb.

105Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:31 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did our final two geeks die too? as well as my fave character ie Giles?

106Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:15 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe?

107Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:57 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Did our final two geeks die too? as well as my fave character ie Giles?

Spazzy wrote:Maybe?
Well I think Warren's definitely gone with no magic to hold him together.

108Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:43 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

True!!! But I didnt care for him so its all good

109Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:26 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I probably could make a separate thread for this in the movie section but wanted to put it here first. It's a petition called No Whedon, No Buffy - Boycotting WB's Buffy movie

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/no-whedon-no-buffy---boycotting-wbs-buffy-movie/

110Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice

111Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:53 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

So, #40 happened. It was interesting. I liked Joss being candid in the afterward. He's right about Season Eight having some things that worked and others that didn't. Hopefully Season Nine will be better. Especially if they're able to add Gail Simone to the mix like they're trying. Very Happy That said, I'm welcoming the breather before it starts.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

112Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, how did it all end? For those that want to be in the know.

113Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:08 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

jaydee74 wrote:So, how did it all end? For those that want to be in the know.
Spoiler:

Afterward Joss talks about how Season Eight got a little away from them due to lack of budget constraints, and suffered from a disconnect from the character stuff that gave the show it's unique voice. The gives thanks to the appropriate parties and promises Season Nine will be more character based.

114Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:33 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

The snake lady is the person I think Willow talks about being in love with. I assume not having the power to communicate with her is what lead to her feelings in the Fray crossover.

EDIT:

Also, this whole series was pretty meh, but the finale went beyond that and was just balls.

115Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Spoiler:

Afterward Joss talks about how Season Eight got a little away from them due to lack of budget constraints, and suffered from a disconnect from the character stuff that gave the show it's unique voice. The gives thanks to the appropriate parties and promises Season Nine will be more character based.

Nice. Thanks for that summary. Overall, it sounded okay I guess.

116Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah, it did get away from that. Sometimes budget constraints can be a good thing.

Spoiler:

117Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was wondering that as well.

118Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:24 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe because

Spoiler:

At least, I think that's how it happened. There was SO much going on in this storyline that it was hard to keep track of it. I'm glad Joss is trying to simplify it next season.

119Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Spoiler:

My first instinct was that the dude with the Lennon glasses may have been one of those Japanese vampires.

superdoug wrote:Maybe because

Spoiler:

At least, I think that's how it happened. There was SO much going on in this storyline that it was hard to keep track of it. I'm glad Joss is trying to simplify it next season.

I thought it may have just been the gravity of what he has done, including what happened to Giles, weighing down on him but that also seems like a reasonable explanation.

This season has been a bit of a disaster in my view but that's not to say there weren't times during Season 8 where I enjoyed it however I think they were all too few. As is said above, I also really appreciated that Joss recognised that there were things that didn't work - I don't know that a lot of creators would be open to admitting that kind of thing. I need to think long and hard before picking up Season 9 but if the focus is going to be the kind of things Joss talks about then I'm definitely interested.

I actually liked this final issue (by no means did I like the overall storyline that got us here though) and it seems to me that it was a bit of a taste of how things are going to be in Season 9 - more focussed and revolving around Buffy and more focussed on lower level, more personal stories.

One thing I can't agree with Joss on is the art - the fact that Jeanty doesn't get the likenesses down isn't the main thing that annoys me, it's the fact that so many characters look alike. I'm sure I'm not the only one who many times over this series has had to stop and say "wait, now who is this?" and it's taken a while to figure it out.

My thoughts now are that I'm glad it's over. Still not 100% on picking up on Season 9 but it sounds like Joss is prepared to go in a direction that sounds a hell of an improvement on Season 8.

120Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:Maybe because

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

121Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:36 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Batman25JM wrote:
Spoiler:
The heart and source of magic in the Buffyverse.

122Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Okay. Thanks.

123Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didnt like the end..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum