Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

+12
deadbolt85
supervenom
Joshua
Administrator
Ben Akers
jaydee74
superdoug
Jherek
rwe1138
shining knight
MillionDollarGeek
Aussiemandias
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:46 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Yep. I'm getting a Zoom vibe. He wants to make Buffy a better hero.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

52Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call him evil, but he's definitely a utilitarian. tongue

53Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:51 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

just read Predators and Prey. Awesome stuff. The Andrew and Buffy teaming up was hilarious. And the conclusion to Dawn's story arc was pretty good too.

54Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Yep. I'm getting a Zoom vibe. He wants to make Buffy a better hero.
Ah. Interesting. So, from what I heard, the reason Buffy is getting these powers is because other Slayers are dying and their power is going back to her? Is that correct?

55Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:46 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeppers

56Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wanted to get into this but I just couldn't. I am sure the comic is interesting but I just am not interested enough to buy it.

57Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Yes. And sort of. He's not Angelus, though.
I think there's a hell of a lot more to this than him being "evil" so I don't know if sort of even covers it at this stage. For me that was the surprise from this issue - his intentions. I was probably expecting a fight and, although there was a bit of a one, that wasn't really how it was handled.

Interested to learn exactly what it is Angel and Buffy now are. If Buffy's getting her power from the dead slayers, where's Angel getting his power from?

58Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:36 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
I think there's a hell of a lot more to this than him being "evil" so I don't know if sort of even covers it at this stage. For me that was the surprise from this issue - his intentions. I was probably expecting a fight and, although there was a bit of a one, that wasn't really how it was handled.

Interested to learn exactly what it is Angel and Buffy now are. If Buffy's getting her power from the dead slayers, where's Angel getting his power from?

Wait. Angel has superpowers too?

59Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:31 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

^ I'm sure you want to say this, but I'll say it for you. "What the fuck?!"

60Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:59 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

Wait. Angel has superpowers too?
Yep we don't really know what's going on yet, though.

61Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

deadbolt85 wrote:^ I'm sure you want to say this, but I'll say it for you. "What the fuck?!"
What he said. Does it at least make sense?

62Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
deadbolt85 wrote:^ I'm sure you want to say this, but I'll say it for you. "What the fuck?!"
What he said. Does it at least make sense?
It hasn't been explained yet so no one could say whether it makes sense or not.

63Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:12 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#34 was decent. Lotta exposition, lotta sex.

64Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:59 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know but for some reason I'm starting to find this all a bit silly. Crazy issue.

Jo Chen's cover was absolutely beautiful (pretty much as always).

65Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:59 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chen is truly great

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

66Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:26 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I felt a bit dirty flipping through this issue. Super-Sex? Really? This was really not interesting. Everytime I think, hey! Let me check out this Buffy book, I wind up checking out an issue that makes me glad I don't read it on a regular basis.

67Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I felt a bit dirty flipping through this issue. Super-Sex? Really? This was really not interesting. Everytime I think, hey! Let me check out this Buffy book, I wind up checking out an issue that makes me glad I don't read it on a regular basis.

haha it is sad, but very true

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

68Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I'm so glad I dropped this book some issues ago. Do the words 'Jump' 'The' and 'Shark' occur to anyone else?

69Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:I'm so glad I dropped this book some issues ago. Do the words 'Jump' 'The' and 'Shark' occur to anyone else?
They have been adding so many freaking comic references it's kind of pathetic to be honest. I think the most recent issue had Andrew wielding a Captain America shield. It's just full of lame and shark jumping in my opinion to be interesting.

70Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:35 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

And Buffy is flying. Fucking flying!! Why??

71Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See, I thought this was supposed to be a natural progression of the Buffyverse as if the show was never cancelled. I can't believe the show would have gone in this kind of direction.

72Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:09 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Jherek wrote:I'm so glad I dropped this book some issues ago. Do the words 'Jump' 'The' and 'Shark' occur to anyone else?
They have been adding so many freaking comic references it's kind of pathetic to be honest. I think the most recent issue had Andrew wielding a Captain America shield. It's just full of lame and shark jumping in my opinion to be interesting.

Which, given the character of Andrew and what a spaz he is, makes perfect sense. He'd have probably been the first to get a replica shield, and just dorky enough to carry it into a battle.

I get the complaints, and I get that it's not like the TV show. But it's been stated in interviews and stuff that the comic gives them a lot more freedom than TV budgets ever did. We all know Joss has a massive boner for super-girls, and this isn't that far a jump for him.

I'm willing to give it a couple more issues to see how it's explained/resolved, but I'm not giving up on it yet. Smile

73Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:10 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

Which, given the character of Andrew and what a spaz he is, makes perfect sense. He'd have probably been the first to get a replica shield, and just dorky enough to carry it into a battle.

I get the complaints, and I get that it's not like the TV show. But it's been stated in interviews and stuff that the comic gives them a lot more freedom than TV budgets ever did. We all know Joss has a massive boner for super-girls, and this isn't that far a jump for him.

I'm willing to give it a couple more issues to see how it's explained/resolved, but I'm not giving up on it yet. Smile
Let me know how it works out. This junk has completely soured me on the franchise as a whole. Just not interested anymore.

74Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thu May 06, 2010 4:59 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Okay issue, fantastic ending.

75Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fri May 07, 2010 8:18 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes but now we have to wait till september....that sucks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum