Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transformers Ongoing

+6
TENIME_art
tstrike99
The Ignored One
Mnemosis
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't wait to get the first trade. I'm salivating at the thought.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing a typo)

52Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I'm Jason Kerouac, and I approve of this message ^

53Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:25 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 8 was interesting. I normally don't care about what's going on with the human's in a Transformers comic, but I actually cared in this issue. I really liked the art too.

54Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:16 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked issue #8. Costa is actually making me interested in the humans. I never thought that was possible.

I liked the art fine, but I'm really, REALLY missing Don Figueroa.

55Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Really hating the lack of "media coverage" for these two excellent IDW books--including GI Joe Cobra. I can only do so many hour-long reviews for these books Sad

Transformers #7 & 8

Didn't like the art change at first, but the new artist appears to have a better hand at conveying human emotion and depicting detail of the human anatomy. I know it's Transformers, but somehow, the Constructicon at the end of issue #8 looks much approved over the robots from last month.

Wondering about all the jumping around from plot to plot...Costa channeling his inner-Hickman if you will?

Agreed about the "now caring for the human" for issue #8. Loved the joke about the haircut with concerns for the art change. A little 4th wall humor rightly placed there. I'm curious to see how the "newer look" will appear once the Transformers come back to take over the book.

3/5 and 3.5/5, respectively

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

56Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I read the first trade. I hadn't read issues 1 or 2, but I'd read 3-6. I loved 3-6 the first time, but I loved them even more this time after having read the first two issues.

Man this is just some awesome stuff. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I definitely think that after Beast Wars (the show) that this is my favorite Transformers product.

Don Figueroa's art is just amazing. If and when they do another TF cartoon they need to do it in the style of Figueroa.

Is Figueroa coming back to the book? I really really miss him. I still love the book, but it's just not the same without him.

57Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

Batman25JM wrote:
Don Figueroa's art is just amazing. If and when they do another TF cartoon they need to do it in the style of Figueroa.

Is Figueroa coming back to the book? I really really miss him. I still love the book, but it's just not the same without him.

Maybe with Issue #12. Issue #11 finishes off a 3 part story, so maybe he'll be back after that. I can't imagine leaving him off the book unless he's doing another project.

58Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:10 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 9 kicked off what seems like it will be a pretty good arc. I really hope they'll stick with the more tradition look of the Transformers like they have been.

59Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Really? I enjoyed Figueroa's blending of G1 and movie looks. To me, it was the best of both worlds - iconic, with some realism.

60Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:51 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Transformers is one of the few things where I prefer the art to look less realistic. I just love the traditional look.

61Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:31 am

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

Mnemosis wrote:Really? I enjoyed Figueroa's blending of G1 and movie looks. To me, it was the best of both worlds - iconic, with some realism.

I have to agree.

I quite enjoy the blend.

62Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:01 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked issue #9 fine. I wasn't blown away, but it was still good. I still definitely miss Figueroa's art.

63Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:10 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did anybody else feel that issue 10 was sorta weak? It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't as good as I was hoping that it would be.

64Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:15 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Not at all. I LOVED IT! The humor was great, the action was awesome, and the plot reveal at the end, while nothing totally shocking, was still a great development!

65Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

The Motherfucking Predacons. Nuff Said.

66Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really really really enjoyed issues #10 and #11. I'm really liking Thundercracker.

I'm liking the art. I still miss Figueroa, but I am enjoying the art.

Next issue: The Predacons? AWESOME!!!

67Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #12 wasn't bad, the story was cool, but the art is hurting my enjoyment of the book. It's just too ordinary. I so miss Figueroa.

68Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:57 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm the complete opposite on the art. I love this art for a Transformers book. Something about Figueroa's art is distracting to me.

I really enjoyed this most recent art. The ending of this issue completly took me off guard.

69Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:10 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See, I've never been a fan of the more blocky style for the Transformers. The art isn't too blocky, but it certainly isn't what Figueroa was doing. I loved his art. It didn't distract me in the slightest. Honestly, it was 50% of the reason I loved the book so much.

70Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:14 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Batman25JM wrote:See, I've never been a fan of the more blocky style for the Transformers. The art isn't too blocky, but it certainly isn't what Figueroa was doing. I loved his art. It didn't distract me in the slightest. Honestly, it was 50% of the reason I loved the book so much.

Quiffed.

71Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked issue #13 quite a bit. I liked the art a lot better in this issue than the art since Figueroa left. And Figueroa's cover was awesome.

72Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:33 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I don't understand the guy who said he was leader of the Decepticons? I guess that's because he thought Megatron was gone? That threw me off..otherwise solid ish...I miss Figueroa's art but this one was decent.

73Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:45 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Are you being sarcastic?

74Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:30 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I'm curious too.

I loved the new design for Megatron. I thought it was awesome.

75Transformers Ongoing - Page 3 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:52 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

hahaha no i read like 20 different comics in a row so that might have something to do with my retardation...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum