Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Return of the Monday Night Wars

+10
jaydee74
Rath99
AlienIncognito
Matt
ChrisToPhenom
comicgeekelly
Silent K
shiky800
Fresh03
MillionDollarGeek
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty The Return of the Monday Night Wars Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My friend came across a bit of information regarding January 4th.

3 Hours of TNA to test the waters and see how well they do against the competition. Raw has gotten a hold of this information also and they decided to go 3 hours as well. But there's more.

TNA, which will be on Spike, will have a bit of dejavu from what WCW did back in the 90's when they started out on Mondays. Remember Hogan coming in as well as Lex Luger and all the old wrestlers WWE let go? This will be the same here.

on TNA's card. Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, and wait for it.... The Nasty Boys! Both of them.

2The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah, you know what's going to happen? TNA will get killed in the ratings again just like the last time they ran head to head with Raw.

Hogan will get some people to tune in, but at this point it's going to be a wholesale slaughter, I hope I'm wrong, the competition would lead to good things from both companies, but TNA just doesn't have the audience loyalty to draw away from the WWE right now.

3The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:25 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

can someone post the numbers after it all happens? i would love to see if it is even a war or just a slaughter

4The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I think the partnership with UFC is going to put TNA in a good position. I applaud them for giving this a shot. It'll be the first time I tuned in to either in a long time.

5The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:19 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm expecting TNA to get murdered. The numbers won't even be close.

6The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:41 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/sports-f10/monday-night-wars-reborn-t1519.htm

I can't wait for January 4th-it'll be the first time I'll watch TNA.

7The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:21 am

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

TNA pulls a 1.0 unopposed on Thursday. They have no hope of topping Raws 3.5 also don't forget the Fiesta Bowl is on that night too

8The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:40 am

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

TNA is going to get crushed especially if Bret Hart returns to WWE that day as well.

9The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:09 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There is really no Hope for TNA at this point. Im gonna DVR both shows that night.

10The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:24 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

AlienIncognito wrote:TNA is going to get crushed especially if Bret Hart returns to WWE that day as well.
...Be still my heart. I love you That would be so awesome...

11The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:23 am

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

so far hers the break down
TNA
Hulk Hogan's TNA debut, X-Title Asylum match, Knockout Title & Tag Title matches, most likely debuts of Young Bucks and RVD, rumored returns/debuts of Angelina Love, Kennedy, Flair, Bischoff, Hall, X-Pac, etc
WWE
-Bret Hart's WWE return, Kofi vs. Orton, DX vs. Jerishow for the Unified Tag Titles

I'm watching raw

12The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm with Raw. Seems like TNA is following the old WCW model.

13The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:41 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:so far hers the break down
TNA
Hulk Hogan's TNA debut, X-Title Asylum match, Knockout Title & Tag Title matches, most likely debuts of Young Bucks and RVD, rumored returns/debuts of Angelina Love, Kennedy, Flair, Bischoff, Hall, X-Pac, etc
WWE
-Bret Hart's WWE return, Kofi vs. Orton, DX vs. Jerishow for the Unified Tag Titles

I'm watching raw

Lets not forget The Nasty Boys.

Angelina Love returning is good. Von Erich sucks majorly. Kick her out of the Beautiful People and bring back Angelina.

Or turn her face.

My wife was telling me Tommy Dreamer is supposed to show up in TNA. So that means TNA becomes what ECW used to be?

I love how only one person is returning to RAW, that being Bret Hart, and then TNA has a whole bunch of people just so you can watch it.

Like WWE telling TNA "Bret Hart is all we need to beat you"

14The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

For those that haven't heard, Brad Meltzer is reporting that starting with the March 1st 2010, that's a Monday, live Impact that TNA will be moving the show permanently to a Monday Timeslot to compete head to head with the WWE, or likely start an hour earlier than Raw if I had to guess.

Every other show will be live with the other being prerecorded the following Tuesday to air the next Monday, i.e. Monday Live, Tuesday record, Monday prerecorded, Monday Live, etc...

Nothing offical as of yet out of TNA thus far, but if it does wind up being true, looks like it's on folks...

15The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I'm much less excited about this now than I was prior to Jan 4. It's a shame...

16The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Why would they do this. I hope they are ready to get their asses kick every week. After last weeks horrible screw job ending I doubt anyone wants to watch them anymore

17The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:45 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:Why would they do this. I hope they are ready to get their asses kick every week. After last weeks horrible screw job ending I doubt anyone wants to watch them anymore

Are you talking about TNA's ending with the AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle? That was so freaking lame and forced it was embarrassing.

18The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:22 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It has BEGUN!!

19The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow... I was watching mostly TNA in the second hour after 24 and Big Bang Theory were done. I even stuck around for the 5 to 8 minutes over that Impact had over RAW's "you already know Batista is gonna beat up John Cena."

Jeff fucken Hardy is back!

Oh and you can catch the replay on Thursday. Them assholes!

20The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So wait. Impact is has a replay of the Monday show on Thursday? I guess that's kind of cool but why watch it on Monday then? You simply watch RAW on Monday and Impact on Thursday. Kind of defeats the purpose, right?

21The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Unless you want to be in on water cooler talk Monday, or avoid spoilers. I get it... it's more testing the water. It's kinda dumb, because literally EVERYONE should choose the Thursday showing over Monday, but...

22The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:25 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

im pretty sure that WWE is going to come out on top in these Monday Night Wars as well. TNA for the last couple of years has been falling prey to the same tired formula that essentially killed WCW, relying more and more on WWE throwaways then their current talent. let's take a look at the former WWE employees who are now apart of the TNA roster...

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Kurt Angle
Mick Foley
Rob Van Dam
Booker T
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Sean Waltman
Jeff Hardy
Matt Morgan
Ken Kennedy/Mr. Anderson
Brian Kendrick
Stevie Williams
Tyson Tomko
Shannon Moore
Rhino
Orlando Jordan

And yeah technically Jeff Jarret and Raven, but they've been there more or less since the ground up with TNA. And TNA has been relying more on alot of those names(ie Flair, Hogan,Angle etc.) to carry their company, when they have perfectly good original TNA wrestlers that are amazing, like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, etc. Now what they're doing with Flair and Styles isn't too bad, it kinda makes sense and it literally is a passing of the torch style story, but Hogan and Flair need to learn when to hang up the tights. Im getting tired of old wrestlers that build up all this hype for the end of their career only to go from one company to another. Now some of these guys haven't done too bad in TNA, hell im pretty sure it was Christian's awesomeness in TNA that had WWE back knocking on his door. But for the most part, WWE was perfectly justified in firing some of these guys. Especially Kurt Angle. I have no respect for him anymore, he claims at first his departure from WWE was mutual, and that he needed time off, but as soon as his no-compete clause is up, where does he go? A company that's going to let him do as much drugs and painkillers as he wants. And now(go figure) his personal life is one big old car wreck, and in case nobody on here's heard, he's been accused of abusing his now ex-wife(i think they're divorced) and she's now with Jarret.

TNA used to be fun to watch, but now im just counting down, waiting for the day Vince buys them out, and we get another Invasion angle.

23The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WWE is already a clusterfuck, it's good that there's 2 legit brands now.

24The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:57 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:im pretty sure that WWE is going to come out on top in these Monday Night Wars as well. TNA for the last couple of yTNA used to be fun to watch, but now im just counting down, waiting for the day Vince buys them out, and we get another Invasion angle.

Good lord I hope not. The invasion angle was horrible.

25The Return of the Monday Night Wars Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah...because they fucked it up in the end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum