Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

'X-Men: First Class' Thread

+51
FroZen
shining knight
Little_Goblyn
Gojiratoho
Joshua
boberthavok
Astro13Zombie
Goof
Denim
Spaced4SimonPegg
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Off_White_Lantern
krpykrwly
Airwolf
superdoug
MikeSabian
Janson
Ric Magnum
colossus1979
comicgeekelly
kerryart
Silent K
Combo Mo
Warren_Worthington IV
Paroxysm
Foreigner_Man
G_Zatara
shark6495
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
supervenom
ChrisToPhenom
shiky800
Mnemosis
dmahoney
Nymn
Spider_Fan14
Administrator
Batman25JM
vikoros
Debaser77
Sandman
Thundermatts
MillionDollarGeek
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Rath99
kidspider2099
Bigtymin504
55 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 16]

176'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/08/15/jason-flemyng-is-nightcrawlers-father-azazel-in-x-men-first-class/

blink

(Good actor, bad character.)

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

177'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So far there is nothing about this movie that makes me want to see it

178'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I really haven't been paying that much attention to development. So...Nightcrawler is in it? But...that'd make it out of continuity with the other X films?

179'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:00 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/08/15/jason-flemyng-is-nightcrawlers-father-azazel-in-x-men-first-class/

blink

(Good actor, bad character.)
I am planning on seeing this movie, though I do think its odd they are including this character. scratch

180'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:47 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

January Jones Heads 'X-Men: First Class' Mutant Roster
EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has rounded out the cast of X-Men: First Class, and the big surprise is that Mad Men star January Jones has been signed to play the role of Emma Frost, the gorgeous mutant with telepathic powers.

At the same time, director Matthew Vaughn has set Zoe Kravitz to play Angel, Jason Flemyng will play Azazel, the father of Nightcrawler; Bill Milner to play the young version of Magneto (Michael Fassbender), and Morgan Lily to play the Young Raven.

They join Fassbender, James McAvoy (Xavier), Nicholas Hoult (Beast) Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee), Lucas Till (Havoc), Edi Gathegi (Darwin), who round out the mutant contingent. Kevin Bacon is playing the villain, Rose Byrne will play McAvoy's love interest Moira MacTaggert, and Oliver Platt is playing The Man in Black. Production begins August 23 in London.

Jones, who plays Mad Men's Betty Francis--the recently divorced wife of Don Draper (Jon Hamm) --will emerge from that 60s setting to play Emma Frost, the mutant also known as the White Queen. While speculative reports had Alice Eve playing that role, no deal was concluded. Mad Men wraps its fourth season in early September, and she will be able to jump right into the role. Jones received her first Emmy nomination for Lead Actress in a Drama, for Mad Men.

Kravitz (the daughter of singer and Precious star Lenny Kravitz) is set to star in the upcoming George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road; Flemyng most recently starred in Kick-Ass, Milner is best known from Son of Rambow and Lilly's credits include Flipped and 2012.
source: http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/january-jones-heads-x-men-first-class-mutant-roster/

181'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:31 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

i think I will not be seeing this movie. maybe I will rent it for a dollar from redbox

182'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:42 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm going to be honest, nothing I've heard about this movie so far sounds good. I'm sure I'll still go see it though. I love the X-Men too much not to see it in theaters.

183'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:35 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ I really haven't been paying that much attention to development. So...Nightcrawler is in it? But...that'd make it out of continuity with the other X films?

Same here. I really don't care about how it develops. I have no enthusiasm for this so I'll just let the eventual trailer be my decision maker.

184'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:52 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Zoe-kravitz

She's cute as hell, but "Angel"!? Is there another X-related "Angel" that I don't know about? 'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Peoples

185'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:55 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

TENIME_art wrote:'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Zoe-kravitz

She's cute as hell, but "Angel"!? Is there another X-related "Angel" that I don't know about? 'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Peoples
Apparently so.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

186'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:58 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Who the fu-?

Y'know, what, Fox? I give up.

Go fuck yourselves. Seriously.

187'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:55 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

agreed, they need to give the rights back.....this is just......dude i'll seriously break omething if i start into this. i've read the x-men since i was 9 years old, this crap is just stupid....they might as well just make a damn x-babies movie....they'd probably write and cast that better.

188'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:January Jones Heads 'X-Men: First Class' Mutant Roster
source: http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/january-jones-heads-x-men-first-class-mutant-roster/
'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 January-jones-gq-underwear-10222009

neutral Well, she looks the part.

But what the hell happened to Alice Eve? scratch

189'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:06 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Alice Eve deal was never finalized. The January Jones casting is something that might make me actually watch this movie one day.

190'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Who the fu-?

Y'know, what, Fox? I give up.

Go fuck yourselves. Seriously.
lol!
Maybe the filming and budget will implode in their faces and forced to give the rights back. If god's paying attention... hintity hint-hint...

191'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:35 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ok, are they using these kids i heard they cast as in "flashbacks" or as in "it's mystique but she's 9." scratch

192'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:57 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Zoe-kravitz

Apparently so.
Is Beak going to be in it?

193'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would rather see Alice Eve as Emma Frost. >(

194'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:55 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alice Eve looks the part, but I haven't seen anything of hers that shows she could pull off the role (not saying she couldn't). January Jones' stuff from Mad Men proves to me without a doubt that she is perfect for Emma Frost.

195'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:33 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm so utterly confused.

196'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:50 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/111/1114975p1.html
Up until now, X-Men: First Class has been something of a guessing game for us fanboys. Is it a prequel? A reboot? Who's in it? When is it set? Well, now a bunch of those questions have been answered by none other than producer Bryan Singer.

Singer spoke with AICN about the film, seeking to clarify what exactly is being done with everyone's favorite band of merry mutants. First off, the film is set in the 1960s. JFK is the president, the Civil Rights movement is in full swing, and "there is a spirit of a hopeful future that was prevalent in that time." Charles Xavier and the man who will become Magneto -- Erik Lehnsherr -- meet and dream of a future where man and mutant can live together in peace. And we all know how that works out…

Some bullet points follow on the ton of info that Singer has revealed:

--The two leads will be in their late twenties.
--Xavier will not be in his wheelchair, but we will learn how he gets there.
--He'll also still have hair.
--Xavier and Magneto will create the X-Men together.
--This is not based on the comic book called First Class but rather is "a new beginning" for the series.
--Director Matthew Vaughn is "technologically inspired" by the James Bond tech of the '60s.
--The costumes will be more "comic bookish" than in previous films.
--Neither Cyclops nor Marvel Girl will show up, but Cyke's brother Havoc will.
--Kevin Bacon will play Sebastian Shaw and, yes, the Hellfire Club will figure into the mix.
--Filming begins with Xavier at Oxford University.
--The movie will have a much more international feel than previous installments. (The shoot will take place in England and the U.S.) Other locations will include Russia (though they won't actually film there).
--There are other characters in the film who have not been revealed yet.

Filming begins this month.

Personally it sounds good, with the exception of Xavier having hair and lack of Sentinels. I like the idea of having it placed in the sixties. I'm remaining optimistic..

197'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:58 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Do you think there will be a dash of Deadly Genesis thrown in? to kinda fill the gap of the 60's X-Men and the ones at the end of "Wolverine"?

198'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:23 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Producer Bryan Singer provided Ain’t It Cool News with details about X-Men: First Class, reboot whose ever-expanding cast and unusual choice of characters — Azazel, Angel Salvadore, the Man in Black — has many fans wondering what the heck’s going on with the reboot of the Fox franchise:

This isn’t the “First Class” from the Marvel comics
We’d guessed as much from the inclusion of such characters as Banshee, Emma Frost and Darwin, but this film won’t follow comic-book continuity, in which Angel (Warren Worthington III, not Angel Salvadore), Beast, Cyclops, Iceman and Marvel Girl/Jean Grey were Charles Xavier’s first recruits. In fact, Jean Grey and Cyclops won’t appear at all; we will, however, see Lucas Till as Cyclops’ brother Alex Summers/Havok.

Swingin’ Silver Age adventures
As the alert sent in June by the West Michigan Film Office suggested, First Class will be set in the 1960s, with the hopeful futures envisioned by President Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. apparently paralleling the dreams of Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Erik Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender). Singer said director Matthew Vaughn is “technologically inspired” by the James Bond spy-fi tech of the era.

Welcome to the Hellfire Club, Mr. Shaw
Kevin Bacon will indeed play Sebastian Shaw, mutant leader of the New York branch of the Hellfire Club, a social club whose secret Inner Circle is bent on world domination. Emma Frost (January Jones) is, of course, the Hellfire Club’s White Queen.

Say good-bye to the leather biker suits
According to AICN’s Harry Knowles, “the costumes will be far more comic bookish than we’ve seen before.”

Globe-trotting mutants
We already knew that First Class would be filmed in England and the United States, with Oxford used for Xavier’s university days. However, Singer said other international locales will be represented, including the Soviet Union. “The international flavor will give the film a more James Bond vibe,” Knowles writes. “I get the idea that this is going to be something quite special.”

Hair today …
We’ll see Professor X when he still had hair, and before he ended up in a wheelchair.

Although the full cast still hasn’t been revealed, here’s who we know: James McAvoy as Charles Xavier; Michael Fassbender as Erik Lensherr; Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw; January Jones as Emma Frost; Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique; Nicholas Hoult as Henry McCoy/Beast; Caleb Landry Jones as Sean Cassidy/Banshee; Lucas Till as Alex Summers; Edi Gathegi as Darwin; Jason Flemyng as Azazel; Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggart; Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore; Bill Milner as young Erik Lensherr; and Morgan Lily as young Raven Darkholme/Mystique.

X-Men: First Class begins shooting on Aug. 31 in London for release on June 3, 2011.

yeah...really no desire to see this movie at all.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

199'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:38 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/111/1114975p1.html
Up until now, X-Men: First Class has been something of a guessing game for us fanboys. Is it a prequel? A reboot? Who's in it? When is it set? Well, now a bunch of those questions have been answered by none other than producer Bryan Singer.

Singer spoke with AICN about the film, seeking to clarify what exactly is being done with everyone's favorite band of merry mutants. First off, the film is set in the 1960s. JFK is the president, the Civil Rights movement is in full swing, and "there is a spirit of a hopeful future that was prevalent in that time." Charles Xavier and the man who will become Magneto -- Erik Lehnsherr -- meet and dream of a future where man and mutant can live together in peace. And we all know how that works out…

Some bullet points follow on the ton of info that Singer has revealed:

--The two leads will be in their late twenties.
--Xavier will not be in his wheelchair, but we will learn how he gets there.
--He'll also still have hair.
--Xavier and Magneto will create the X-Men together.
--This is not based on the comic book called First Class but rather is "a new beginning" for the series.
--Director Matthew Vaughn is "technologically inspired" by the James Bond tech of the '60s.
--The costumes will be more "comic bookish" than in previous films.
--Neither Cyclops nor Marvel Girl will show up, but Cyke's brother Havoc will.
--Kevin Bacon will play Sebastian Shaw and, yes, the Hellfire Club will figure into the mix.
--Filming begins with Xavier at Oxford University.
--The movie will have a much more international feel than previous installments. (The shoot will take place in England and the U.S.) Other locations will include Russia (though they won't actually film there).
--There are other characters in the film who have not been revealed yet.

Filming begins this month.

Personally it sounds good, with the exception of Xavier having hair and lack of Sentinels. I like the idea of having it placed in the sixties. I'm remaining optimistic..

I gotta be honest, I don't really like this news. I really kind of hate the fact that it's going to be set in the 60s and I think that it's going to confuse the hell out of the general audience.

The fact that neither Cyclops or Marvel Girl are in it is dumb as hell. Why does Cyke continually get the shaft in X-Men movies? UGH!!!

I would MUCH rather just have either an X-Men 4 or have this movie be a prequel to the others.

Also, if this has nothing to do with the past movies then why not make it the true first class and go with Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman?

200'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

This is more of a "BLAARGH!" but notheless I've used the "Retcon This!" soapbox to express my thoughts:
http://panelsonpages.com/?p=27345

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum