Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

American Idol

+10
Bigtymin504
(._Y_.)
Denim
Joshua
shiky800
Batman25JM
Thundermatts
prescribeddrone
ChrisToPhenom
shark6495
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1American Idol Empty American Idol Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:55 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

While I have never been a huge American Idol fan, many of the contestants were not untrained but merely unsigned singers, the news of Simon Cowell leaving is big news this week. While Conan and Leno battle it out on the perennial fourth place network Simon will be leaving AI after this season, to be a judge on his new show X-Factor, which will be on FOX. This could spell the end of the AI show, as it now leaves Ellen (replacing Paula), Randy, and the other chick (I know who she is I just feel she did not add much last season.) Many former American Idol participants are saying the show can survive because it will be a Simon free show. Now the question is can Ellen keep the show fresh? Will the audience follow American Idol with out Simon berating some young teen age female about how bad she is? Will the new show X-Factor actually have a group of government hired mutants finding talent? Looks like we will find all of our answers next year on Fox, maybe Conan will finally have the prime time audience he needs for his show.

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

2American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:24 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I faded in and out on whether to make a thread for this season but you beat me to it. Honestly, I was watching Heroes on my laptop while American Idol was playing. I took time to enjoy the whole 7th and only season with the Davids but I just don't have the time and energy this this one-maybe the 10th. But Ellen as the new judge does interest me.

I agree with what you are saying about Conan though and that judge you forgot is Kara DioGuardi-she's

American Idol AmericanIdolKaraDioGuardi

3American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:38 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never watched that show beyond 60 seconds and never will, if it goes away- Good! American Idol is an insult to peoples intelligence, actual music and bands who work hard to get where they are.

4American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:28 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

None of that is true. And I'm not even a giant fan of the show or anything, tho have watched the last two seasons (and tonights start.) Blame the girlfriend.

5American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never understood the AI hate. It can give people a chance to be a professional singer. If someone is a fan of music I don't get why they'd hate AI. I was against if for a long time until I actually watched it. Now I love it. I lead to me being introduced to one of my favorite artists of all time: David Cook. Plus, I really really really like Ryan Seacrest as well as Simon.

I'm looking forward to Ellen being on the show. I love her. I think it'll be good. I'm also looking forward to Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne, and Neil Patrick Harris being guest judges.

I watched the first hour last night, but then started talking with my roommate and missed the second hour. I recorded it though, and I'll watch it later. I liked that one guy Amadeo I think was his name. The Italian guy. I liked him a lot.

6American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:24 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i tivoed it but i haven't seen it yet

7American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:29 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I think a lot of the hatred is jealousy. But with that being said not all of it is jealousy. I do not like the show because it all seems like an act. Its sort of like the dance shows. I try not to watch and of the audition shows. The judges are just too caustic and the act has warn thin. If I do watch any of these shows I tune in after the singers/dancers have been picked....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

8American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:32 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dislike American Idol because the music the comes from it has no appeal to me at all and because it rewards more for insignificant things that have less to do with talent and creativity and more to do with how you can be marketed and cashed in on. It just feels very shallow and souless.

I prefer it that bands work for their fame with doing shows and somehow getting recognized at random. And I think that people who really like music look for bands to listen to rather than have the radio or tv give you everything. Sure, if you're bored at home and don't mind pop songs, you may dig the stuff they have on American Idol but if you really like music (not you, in general) look for music online!

I think it's summed up nicely by Chris Vrenna

In the past you have worked with famous international artist, and have been part of the music scene, how do you see today's music scene?

The music scene is bad in the US. Reality show like "American Idol" have taken the true art of music away and given it to a contest winner who can sing and look good in designer clothes. And then we also have the "tween" scene like the Jonas Brothers and the fact that MTV doesn't even PLAY music videos anymore...But the over marketing of music has actually freed up TRUE artists to write more and find new outlets for fans. I think music is actually in a better place now for us artists.

Last edited by prescribeddrone on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

9American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While I don't really care for the type of musicians American Idol puts out, there's no denying that people who make it far on that show are talented singers.

10American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:
I think it's summed up nicely by Chris Vrenna

In the past you have worked with famous international artist, and have been part of the music scene, how do you see today's music scene?

The music scene is bad in the US. Reality show like "American Idol" have taken the true art of music away and given it to a contest winner who can sing and look good in designer clothes.

Not exactly true, look at Carrie Underwood. She has stood apart from the rest and will be the most succesful Idol of all time in my opionion. Yes she looks good, yes she wears designer clothes, but she also has the talent as well. She also writes alot of her songs with other people, just like any other contry musician. David Cook is another talented performer as well as Daughtry. While you will never find a Clay Akin CD in my collection, American Idol gives people with talent a chance.. So far there have been winners that have moved on to Country, Rock, Pop, Adult Contemporay, Soul, R & B. Sounds like a pretty good vairity of music there that covers alot.

There is enough hate in this world already, why add to it?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

11American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ruben, Fantasia and Taylor hicks are all butch motherfuckers and look terrible in any clothes, and probably worse out of clothes. There have been people who made it big by just being on the show and not necessarily winning it. Wow I suck at the spelling. Sleep

12American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dude he quoted plays in Marilyn Manson's band, one of the most packaged and marketed towards a certain group of people artists in recent history. Puh-leeze dude. And I like Marilyn Manson alot, doesn't mean he doesn't pander to whiney cutters whose parents just. don't. get. them!

13American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:00 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really liked the first few seasons of American Idol but then lost interest and haven't paid much attention to the last couple seasons. But I did watch the premiere this season and really enjoyed it. I forgot how fun it is to watch some of those disasters that show up to audition lol, but it's also great to see some of the truly awesome singers that show up as well.

I think a lot of the "hate" towards American Idol has to do with the idea of some people just automatically hating anything that's mainstream or widely popular. I think if most those people sat down and gave it a chance then they wouldn't "hate" it as much.

14American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:40 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I dislike it. I don't hate it. Hate is like love and I refuse to waste my thoughts on a show that is as relevant as last years snow to me. Unless it's on topic in a thread or question of opinion, other than that I don't keep up with it.

15American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:13 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Vanessa Wolfe sounds like the insurance commercial.... the voice of Pothole girl.

16American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:36 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anybody (still) watching?

I'm really enjoying this season. Lee is definitely my favorite, with Crystal a close second.

I'm not happy that Katie is gone. I know she was only 17, but I thought she was cute. And I'm gonna miss Tim. He wasn't the best singer, but I loved that he was off in his own little world and didn't really care what happened.

17American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:59 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate Lee. Like hate him. He sounds like the fucking guy from nickleback. This season has by far been the worse (out of the three I've seen lol) the only two worth listening to are Cinnabon and Crystal.

But seriously, I want to punch Lee in the face, and then kill him. With unkindness. His stupid face, with his stupid eyes, with his crapy facial hair and his shitty, retard mid west rock voice. Stop singing with your throat you asshole.

Jeez man, I really went off there. Sorry lol. I'm back. I have anger issues.

18American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:07 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Wow.

I didn't like Lee at all when he first came on. I wondered how he got to the top 24. Then a few weeks ago when he sang Treat Her Like a Lady something just clicked and now I love him.

Personally, I don't think he sounds like Chad Kroeger, but even if I did think he did it wouldn't matter because I like Nickelback (that's right I said it, I'm that guy).

19American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Thu May 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am THRILLED that Lee won. I'll be getting his CD the day it comes out.

Last week I bought tickets to see the 2010 Idols live. I can't wait.

20American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Thu May 27, 2010 11:04 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What do people make of some of the reaction towards Idol as of late?

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/american-idol-still-a-boys-club-lee-dewyze-wins--1282

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/why-crystal-bowersox-wont-win-american-idol--1277

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/american-idol-top-2-night-the-right-choice-is-crystalclear--1279

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-05-27/lee-dewyze-wins-american-idol-is-the-show-dead/

It seems like sour grapes but honestly, I haven't been paying attention so I could be wrong. I don't know. What do people make of claims that seem to amount to some sort of sexism going on?

21American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Fri May 28, 2010 3:32 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I didn't follow the season very closely, but from what I saw, Crystal Bowersox was definitely the best. I think there is some merit to the idea that the teenage girl demographic has had a lot to do with young rocker dudes winning three years in a row now.

22American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Fri May 28, 2010 10:49 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's the teenage girls and the middle-aged women who drive the winners on this show. That's why the last three winners have looked like cougar bait.

Well...and they've appealed to this manther.....

23American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Fri May 28, 2010 11:37 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The more talented contestants usually wind up getting record deals anyway even if not crowned the American Idol.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

24American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone watching this season?

I have to say that I do miss Simon a lot. I miss Kara too (I liked her), and even though I really like Ellen I don't really miss her. She wasn't a good fit for the show.

Anyway, despite missing Simon (and Kara to a lesser degree) I'm enjoying this season. I love Steven Tyler so much. I loved him before, but he's great on the show. He's quite funny, and he brings a good energy to the show.

I like Randy more this season. I have always liked him, but this season he seems to be having more fun than usual.

I didn't like Jennifer Lopez prior to this. I liked her when I was younger, but over the years I started to hate her. She seemed like a bitch. I thought I'd hate her on the show, but I don't mind her. She's fun.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

25American Idol Empty Re: American Idol Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:17 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Anyone watching this season?

I have to say that I do miss Simon a lot. I miss Kara too (I liked her), and even though I really like Ellen I don't really miss her. She wasn't a good fit for the show.

Anyway, despite missing Simon (and Kara to a lesser degree) I'm enjoying this season. I love Steven Tyler so much. I loved him before, but he's great on the show. He's quite funny, and he brings a good energy to the show.

I like Randy more this season. I have always liked him, but this season he seems to be having more fun than usual.

I didn't like Jennifer Lopez prior to this. I liked her when I was younger, but over the years I started to hate her. She seemed like a bitch. I though I'd hate her on the show, but I don't mind her. She fun.

There is nothing about this I don't agree with. I'm enjoying it much more than I anticipated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum