Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birds of Prey

+16
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
joegavilan
superdoug
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
WonderWoman2.0
jaydee74
rwe1138
prescribeddrone
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Fresh03
shining knight
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Birds of Prey Empty Birds of Prey Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:07 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

seriously!

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/01/13/dcu-in-2010-welcome-back-the-birds-of-prey/

2Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Gail's writing it again?

Wait, She brought Ed Benes along for the ride too?

Damn it, now I might actually have to give this one a shot.

3Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm conflicted. I dislike that art. Everyone looks the same. BUT GAIL SIMONE?! Urgh. I just might check it out.

4Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn it!!

I want to cut back on books and not get any new ones, but I'm going to have to get this. I just recently started reading Simone's first BOP run and I LOVE it. I also LOVE Benes' art. Plus, Black Canary, Huntress, and Oracle are some of my favorite characters. UGH!!

5Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:00 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Simone but I never really cared for Birds of Prey, so unless Secret Six cross over with an arc, I doubt that I'll get it.

6Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:06 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Gail writing BoP makes me happy.

In my pants!

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

7Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:37 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm jazzed on this. I am not a fan of the artist though.

8Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed May 12, 2010 5:08 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I really dug the first issue of the relaunch. Gail's writing was spot-on (Gods I've missed her Zinda), and Benes art was tolerable. Hawk & Dove will be an interesting fit. Helena being the one to break was a great touch. I've got a feeling White Canary is a new character.

9Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

White Canary makes me happy in my girly bits. I loved this first issue. I love you

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

10Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

First issue was great. I love how the band is getting back together and the eventual addition of Hawk and Dove should prove to be very interesting. I am curious to see how Gail writes Hank Hall and how he'll fit with the group. Should prove to be interesting. I am hoping that whoever the White Canary is, she is new. Overall, great first issue and I am on board.

11Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu May 13, 2010 1:46 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

My review of #1 is up.

12Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu May 13, 2010 2:34 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:My review of #1 is up.

Well said.

13Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu May 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOVED the first issue. I just know that this book is going to be one of my favorites.

I loved the art. I just LOVE Benes. I know opinions of his art are sometimes mixed, but I absolutely love it.

I too hope that White Canary is new, and I hope we see a lot of her.

14Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu May 13, 2010 9:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Reading this book, I wish that it had never been cancelled in the first place. This is awesome and I love it.

15Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Fri May 14, 2010 8:49 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great first issue with an intriguing setup. I'm hoping to hell the mastermind here isn't Calculator, but in my heart of hearts, I know it to probably be true

I think White Canary could be..
Spoiler:

16Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Fri May 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't get over how much I LOVED this.

I hope Gail stays on for a LONG LONG time. I also hope that the team's roster stays as it is. I love the dynamic between BC, Huntress, and Oracle. Lady Blackhawk is awesome as well. I don't want any of them gone. And I think Hawk and Dove will bring something interesting to the book. I don't want the team to get bigger. I like a small to moderate team, and I don't want a bunch of new members added. The only additional member that I'd gladly welcome would be Batgirl (Stephanie Brown). I love her, and I'd love to see her on the team, but I doubt it'll happen. Though I do expect her to show up as a guest star or for there to be a crossover.

17Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat May 15, 2010 7:37 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I'm dying to review this..but you know what, it's almost Sunday and everyone and their mama's reviewed this...I'll make it quick..

Birds of Prey #1

This is easily the best comic of the year, and anyone who owns previous issues or trades of B.O.P. will be pleased to know the high-level of quality has returned since Simone's departure.

Ed Benes doesn't just stick to cheesecake; his darker, more discreet version of flair turns a more serious turn to Brightest Day. All the while, appearances by Hawk (I love this guy's one-note toughguy persona) and Dove are reason for the stamp alone. No one quite writes the Sex in the City-on-Steroids communicating like Simone with Dinah, Babs and Helena. Nothing's typical either; some of their "against-type" reactions to certain situations, such as the resurrected superheroes from Blackest Night, are sure to surprise readers.

In all, Simone did the ultimate job planting seeds (White Canary? Icelandic terrorists!) for future issues at the same time recalling key figures from the original B.O.P. run (Savant ring a bell?), and providing readers with enough ass-kicking/name-taking juice to quench the thirst of this week's smart #1 buyers.

4.5/5 Bags&Boards - Completely awesome, with only one minor mishap of Babs' over-narrating purge towards the issue's climax. Best issue I've read since Brubaker's "Who Will Wield The Shield?"

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

18Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat May 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

This was my first time reading Birds of Prey. Simone did a good job introducing the concept of the team to me without overshadowing the story with exposition. I love how she writes these characters, and Benes' art is a good complement to the story, in my opinion. I can't wait to see where they go with this book.

19Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat May 15, 2010 7:45 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is was pretty good. I'll probably end up getting the first arc and see how I feel then.

20Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun May 16, 2010 7:37 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Great first issue with an intriguing setup. I'm hoping to hell the mastermind here isn't Calculator, but in my heart of hearts, I know it to probably be true

Spoiler:

I really hope so too but it will probably will wind up being Calculator. Your theory for White Canary is really good.

21Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun May 16, 2010 11:55 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote: Your theory for White Canary is really good.

And if the Green Arrow book is heading in the direction Longbow Hunters did, then this kind of makes even more sense

22Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun May 16, 2010 12:22 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh. You know, I never even thought of that but good call.

23Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat May 22, 2010 3:08 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really enjoyed this first issue and am definitely signed up for this ride. I've never read any of the Birds of Prey stuff but have loved Simone's work on Secret Six so am sure I'll enjoy this. Obviously this is a very different group of characters than Secret Six but I have to say the Six seems more like Hawk's world so it will be interesting to see how he fits in with this group.

I kind of felt the whole scene with Huntress breaking down seemed a bit awkwardly done to me but that's only a minor gripe. All around I thought this was really nicely done and I really enjoyed Ed Benes's art. His characters are a little one dimensional but at the same time I think he does a pretty good job with the action sequences.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about most of DC's new comics at the moment. They've really started up a bunch of good ones in what seems like a golden period creatively for the company.

24Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat May 22, 2010 10:14 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:Great first issue with an intriguing setup. I'm hoping to hell the mastermind here isn't Calculator, but in my heart of hearts, I know it to probably be true

Spoiler:

I really hope so too but it will probably will wind up being Calculator. Your theory for White Canary is really good.

Maybe it could be

Spoiler:

JUST KIDDING. But, I would really like to see her turn up either here or in Teen Titans.

25Birds of Prey Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat May 22, 2010 2:24 pm

joegavilan

joegavilan
Cadet
Cadet

Good first issue.

I was kinda on the fence, but it's added to my pull list now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next